Pervert Action: Crisis

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Pervert Action: Crisis

Postby BBBen » Sun, 12Apr22 07:12

I'd post this on my website, but I don't have my new computer set up for editing that and I want to do an overhaul of the site. Anyway...

I thought I should announce this in case people are following the progress of Pervert Action: Future - I have now finished the creative writing work on the project. Apart from a few tweaks I've also finished designing the images, and the game has also been more or less programmed and is playable (though still in need of testing).

Unfortunately, it is still not ready as I need to wait on Adrift 5 being upgraded/fixed in a couple of ways before it will be fully functional. I also have not yet cast one of the characters, and most of the voice acting is only semi-complete. You'll understand, I hope, that organising the voice actors and allowing them the time to work within their own schedule does require a little bit of patience.

In any case, I thought I'd let everyone know that the project is no longer waiting on me to find inspiration or anything like that. I may decide to do a little bit of early beta testing, but I wouldn't rush to volunteer for that if I were you, as the game still lacks several key features and won't give nearly as good an impact as when it's actually complete. Actually, I am specifically NOT looking for beta testers right now, so don't volunteer (not that your help is unwelcome!) because I'm not ready to organise that yet.

I don't want to hype this too early - I have some teaser stuff to release when I actually have some idea when the game will be able to be released, but right now I really can't say when it will be ready. I'll make a further announcement when I can predict when it will be able to be released. In the meantime I'll try and get on Campbell Wild's back to get those features improved!

- BBBen
BBBen
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby outrider9 » Sun, 12Apr22 08:23

Hey BBBen, thank you for the update!
https://twitter.com/cassgames_com
https://plus.google.com/100156060231618247242
https://www.facebook.com/cassgames
outrider9
great white shark

Postby fensome7 » Sat, 12Apr28 19:11

BBBen wrote:I'd post this on my website, but I don't have my new computer set up for editing that and I want to do an overhaul of the site. Anyway...

I thought I should announce this in case people are following the progress of Pervert Action: Future - I have now finished the creative writing work on the project. Apart from a few tweaks I've also finished designing the images, and the game has also been more or less programmed and is playable (though still in need of testing).

Unfortunately, it is still not ready as I need to wait on Adrift 5 being upgraded/fixed in a couple of ways before it will be fully functional. I also have not yet cast one of the characters, and most of the voice acting is only semi-complete. You'll understand, I hope, that organising the voice actors and allowing them the time to work within their own schedule does require a little bit of patience.

In any case, I thought I'd let everyone know that the project is no longer waiting on me to find inspiration or anything like that. I may decide to do a little bit of early beta testing, but I wouldn't rush to volunteer for that if I were you, as the game still lacks several key features and won't give nearly as good an impact as when it's actually complete. Actually, I am specifically NOT looking for beta testers right now, so don't volunteer (not that your help is unwelcome!) because I'm not ready to organise that yet.

I don't want to hype this too early - I have some teaser stuff to release when I actually have some idea when the game will be able to be released, but right now I really can't say when it will be ready. I'll make a further announcement when I can predict when it will be able to be released. In the meantime I'll try and get on Campbell Wild's back to get those features improved!

- BBBen

Glad to hear good progress has been made. Just out of curiosity what are these issues with Adrift 5? because one of the biggest pain in the backsides I found with Adrift5 is along the side with the images and how you can barely see them and that you have to keep making the window bigger just to view the full image. I haven't found a way to make the images pop up in the same window as the text like you could with Adrift4. I scanned all through the settings trying to find a way and not a thing.

Also let me know if Campbell gets back to you on how things are going with improving whatever it is causing your problems, because i know of several IF authors who have tried to get in touch with him to fix certain problems and they haven't got anything back off him as of yet.
fensome7
great white shark

Postby BBBen » Sun, 12Apr29 01:12

fensome7 wrote:Glad to hear good progress has been made. Just out of curiosity what are these issues with Adrift 5? because one of the biggest pain in the backsides I found with Adrift5 is along the side with the images and how you can barely see them and that you have to keep making the window bigger just to view the full image. I haven't found a way to make the images pop up in the same window as the text like you could with Adrift4. I scanned all through the settings trying to find a way and not a thing.

Also let me know if Campbell gets back to you on how things are going with improving whatever it is causing your problems, because i know of several IF authors who have tried to get in touch with him to fix certain problems and they haven't got anything back off him as of yet.

I actually want images to display in the side window for this game, but you're right that alternative display methods have not yet been implemented. You also have to stretch the window to fit the images right now - assuming that isn't fixed before release I've got a sort of solution, in that all my pictures are close to the same size and at the start of the game there's a little adjustment guide to make sure the window is the right size.

I won't go into all the issues right now (one is secret because of an as yet unannounced feature of the game) but for a start I can't get sound to work; in theory sound has been implemented but it's not working for me. Campbell told me that the next version will have better documentation to get to the bottom of the problem, so all I can do is wait right now (I had been expecting, based on the development schedule to date, that the next version would be out by now). Another problem is that A5 doesn't seem to compile multimedia into the same file as the game yet, whether it be .taf, .exe or even .blorb, so if I want to release the game without players just looking at all the pictures and listening to the sounds right away I'll need to wait until that's fixed. I will note that in theory all three of my major issues are probably quite fixable and should be reasonably high on Campbell's list; the sound thing might not even be a big problem, it's just mysterious at the moment.

I keep in touch with Campbell through the Adrift forum, and he's been quiet on there for a couple of months now, though I believe he's still keeping an eye on it. I don't want to hassle him about progress on a free engine, though I would be happy at this point to pay for it if it meant I could release PAF.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Big Mike » Tue, 12May01 15:55

Thanks for the update.

I'll be waiting patiently. :crazy:
Big Mike
great white shark

Postby spiderfan » Mon, 12Sep24 15:55

Could anyone please help me with this nice game. It was preatty easy to screw Megumi and Hidemi. But I can not improve my score with Mikae or Akemi. It is still oly 1.
Is it right to give the spatula to Mikae? When I game the toy to hidemi, the sake to megumi and the notebook to Kyoko I always scored one point
spiderfan
Pilot fish

Postby BBBen » Thu, 12Dec27 02:21

Hi, it's me again. I thought I'd check in and mention that I've just posted a trailer for the upcoming sequel to PAC, Pervert Action: Future, on my website. You can view it here: http://bbben.aifcommunity.org/

PAF is now in beta, and will be out probably in a couple of weeks (I can't be definite right now).
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby outrider9 » Thu, 12Dec27 03:22

BBBen wrote:PAF is now in beta, and will be out probably in a couple of weeks (I can't be definite right now).

Yey!!! It's such a great news! So it's been a new game from GoblinBoy, then "Seduce Me" and now a game from BBBen! I'm gonna have type-AIF diabetes, that's for sure :crazy:
https://twitter.com/cassgames_com
https://plus.google.com/100156060231618247242
https://www.facebook.com/cassgames
outrider9
great white shark

Postby superfrank » Thu, 12Dec27 04:16

Wow that looks AMAZING! Definitely a step towards a higher level of AIF.
superfrank
sirens hunter

Postby Franco » Thu, 12Dec27 08:28

Impressive. Really looking forward to it.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby rabbie » Thu, 12Dec27 10:50

BBBen wrote:Hi, it's me again. I thought I'd check in and mention that I've just posted a trailer for the upcoming sequel to PAC, Pervert Action: Future, on my website. You can view it here:

PAF is now in beta, and will be out probably in a couple of weeks (I can't be definite right now).

Looks amazing ben, first AIF trailer ive ever seen [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby ttant » Thu, 12Dec27 17:07

Is there any other mirror to download pac.zip ? each time i try to extract the aif game from the zip file, i got a crc error (using winrar or 7zip)
ttant
star of the reef

Postby BBBen » Fri, 12Dec28 02:28

Thanks everyone, glad to see you liked it.

To the question about the PAC.zip, there's a download link right below that with just the game file, unzipped.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Agrippa » Sun, 12Dec30 13:53

=> Looks at trailer
Drool.exe started
=> Looks at "nearly there release date"
Fangasm.exe in process
... Processing
... Processing

Gotta say, I've been waiting for this since it was announced. Good job on taking to port such an ambitious project, BBBen!

Agrippa
Agrippa
great white shark

Postby ZaphodB » Sun, 12Dec30 21:46

The page does not seem to be there unless it's been taken down for an update
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games