Re: Getting to Know Brenda (A slightly different dating sim)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Postby gpeterson » Mon, 10Aug30 02:27

Does anyone have a suggestion to get Rapidshare games to work once they are downloaded?
gpeterson
great white shark

Postby Greebo » Mon, 10Aug30 03:23

What's the problem? Rapidshare is just a download site which provides you with a file identical to whatever was uploaded and the file type depends on what the uploader wanted. Most of these files are .zips or .rars and have to be unpacked with whatever software tool suits the file type
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby santo67 » Mon, 10Aug30 23:05

First download.. first problem! When I run the application (it run as Adobe Flash player 10?) all I get is some groovy music and white screen... can anyone help a newbie? thank you
santo67
Pilot fish

Postby blakrath » Tue, 10Aug31 23:43

Just bought a mac and i opened the exe. file and it is just japanese and symbols .. Any one wanna tell a new mac user how to run this game ? :)
blakrath
Pilot fish

Postby Greebo » Wed, 10Sep01 01:41

I just downloaded it out of interest and tried running it - unfortunately it is one of those Windoze executables that seems to require something from Windoze that Wine running under Linux can't supply. I don't know how you can run such programs on a Mac - I guess if I want to check this one out I shall have to restart my laptop and boot into the copy of XP that's gathering cobwebs there.

Pity it's a M$ centric executable with built in Flash, because if it was a .swf file I could run it natively under Linux using the Flash 10 I already have installed
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Erubyr » Tue, 10Oct26 18:05

A very impressive first game. I am considering writing a game myself and this sets a great example though the bar is pretty high.
Erubyr
great white shark

Postby athossico » Thu, 10Oct28 11:29

Great Great Great
I think that the idea for a new episode is "embedded" on the game itself

PS: i still like the other dating games obviously :D
thinking is not an option
athossico
great white shark

Postby anlag » Mon, 10Dec20 08:23

Greebo wrote : I just downloaded it out of interest and tried running it - unfortunately it is one of those Windoze executables that seems to require something from Windoze that Wine running under Linux can't supply. I don't know how you can run such programs on a Mac - I guess if I want to check this one out I shall have to restart my laptop and boot into the copy of XP that's gathering cobwebs there.

Pity it's a M$ centric executable with built in Flash, because if it was a .swf file I could run it natively under Linux using the Flash 10 I already have installed

It runs fine for me under Wine version 1.2.2, in Ubuntu 10.10. No problems whatsoever, simply 'wine FantasyDatesBrendaV3_1.exe' in the unpacked directory works like a charm.

Thanks for the game!
anlag
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 10Dec20 09:55

Though it's not an issue for me
(1. I don't use Linux, though have an inclination.
&
2. I haven't addressed the game),
I wonder if there have been sufficient issues, or even a need, for a special section for
eg: 'Tricks and Treats'
where ONLY cross platform issues like this might be addressed (heavy edit would probably be required to cull irrelevant material).

Dumb idea? A fleeting thought.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Greebo » Mon, 10Dec20 21:30

Hmm, maybe it's because I've got Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) and Wine 1.2
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby indipuk » Tue, 10Dec21 22:03

I gave up to this game that topless scene on couch, after getting to fondle her nude breasts game just stops, nothing happens after that. Touching anything after that will lead to RED response. Makes no sense whatsoever, come one, she just let pc to play with her nude nipples and after that still have problem with caressing her hand? Frustrating game and fun at all.
indipuk
great white shark

Postby Grubnut » Thu, 11Jan27 07:39

I'm really enjoying this game. I like the attitude of both the man and Brenda. The graphics are very good.

I have completed dates 1 and 2. I have a question about date 3 and need your advice.

I have got as far as the pharmacy. I do know her birth control status. At the pharmacy, I click to buy the cough drops. Then the game locks up. The green button does not work and I do not find another hot spot.

What happened? Is this a bug? Is there a patch? Or is there another explanation?

Thanks for your advice!
Grubnut
great white shark

Postby Arnulf » Thu, 11Jan27 08:40

Grubnut, try to buy also condomes at the pharmacy, but this is only possible, if you have done all the things befors, espcially to have a look into the bathroom of Brenda, showing that she seems to haven't done anything of prevention.
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby Grubnut » Sun, 11Jan30 00:10

Thanks, Arnulf. I already knew her birth control status. I figured it out. You have to buy the condoms first. If you buy the cough drops first, you can't go any further. There is no hot spot and there is no green button.

I liked this game a lot. Now I'm working on Katie. I have found one ending, but I know I still am not finding some paths.
Grubnut
great white shark

Postby iamystic » Sat, 11Jul09 03:32

Anyone have this in a format that an Acer notebook can download, my main comp crashed and wont be able to replace it so i'm on this piece of crap.
iamystic
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games