Something's in the Air

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Something's in the Air

Postby couchqb » Fri, 13May10 18:18

Ariane is the best! Thanks for the original game, I think I've seen all of that one, including all the fanmade extras. SITA looks pretty good - the lightning bolt of doom at the end of the LARP is hilarious! Thanks for all your hard work and for your generosity
couchqb
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby LucaNatoli » Fri, 13May10 18:24

Damn 26 / 40 and stuck hard. Do not know what to do now, i feel like i have tried everything. Is there more then 4 stories? I can't even talk to rebecca, wendy keeps poping up
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby blaman » Fri, 13May10 18:52

Having reached all 40 endings (thanks for the hints) I must say the following:

1) Compared to other games of the genre SITA feels too softcore. I understand the reasoning behind this choice and I support developer's right to make choices that suit him. I still think this will ultimately be considered a mistake. Maybe there should be 2 separate versions as suggested? Dunno, but while there is definitely lots of challenge involved in the game there just doesn't seem to be enough in terms of rewards

2) Dates - those who played have probably noticed that there are 4 "scenarios"
a) Second date with Ariane - large, complex and with 11 endings. This one in itself deserves being a full game, even without a threesome
b) Rachel - even larger, 19 endings... Damn, that would by itself be considered massive! And there are 2 extra girls in it too!
So far we have 2 huge dates with tons of possibilities
c) The "slept too long" - 3 rather lame endings with the longest decision streak being 3? I feel that this was a total waste of time and resources
d) similar to c) - tons of work involved, with greatly unsatisfying endings

Ariane - please don't get me wrong here, I truly appreciate the effort. But seeing the quality of your work in first 2 scenarios I feel sad that you've spent so much time on the 2 extra ones which just don't feel interesting at all. I absolutely believe that this time could have been spent much better
blaman
lagoon predator

Postby ihutch » Fri, 13May10 18:57

LucaNatoli wrote:Damn 26 / 40 and stuck hard. Do not know what to do now, i feel like i have tried everything. Is there more then 4 stories? I can't even talk to rebecca, wendy keeps poping up

No only 4 stories .....

Its mostly the right combinations .....

I did not know for instance until i tried different discussion topics with rachel the nerdy girl at dinner before i found 2 branches at least while they other 2 are more general cannon lines.

While I normally have a different definition for the word ending, [Main endings the ones where you have sex (good) and all non sex endings (bad)] ... there are some which are more like achievements ( did not really pay attention to the endings as I used control to skip in the end) which you can get on the way to a good or bad ending? Only arianeB would really know more about the branching structure and might comment further?
ihutch
great white shark

Postby ihutch » Fri, 13May10 19:03

Personally I would like to see something like a follow up to say a Rachel date .. note the MMORPG quest on the laptops was left unfinished .....

A Potential tie in with Story 4 .... So rather than rachel say whos the new guy after passing the little QR code puzzle by paula ... you have Paula being surprised that you already know rachel .... especially after the initial stages of story 4 and the dragons ... Like nothing was said ?

It could be than rachel and you had a good date , had good sex but her work and not wanting to commit to a serious relationship so you went your separate ways ....(a bad date with Rachel could also work but you would need to impress Paula more to get a good result)

An idea would be that certain endings on the stories could be locked. So to get ending X on story 2 , you need to play story 1 and get ending Y ... since it does ad the need to replay it again to open up dialogue choices .... So run through one the woman has name (red head) but in run through two the name is (Kim) because you met her through the other story line - ending ? While the prequel ending choice (scenic photoshoot) ... I noticed this that the Blonde woman changed to stacy .... I also noticed that it only ever worked with Ariane there In story 1 , and never in story 2 (since i never met her).
ihutch
great white shark

Postby LucaNatoli » Fri, 13May10 19:13

blaman wrote:Having reached all 40 endings (thanks for the hints) I must say the following:

b) Rachel - even larger, 19 endings... Damn, that would by itself be considered massive! And there are 2 extra girls in it too!
So far we have 2 huge dates with tons of possibilities

Wait so there are threesome scenes??

ihutch wrote:No only 4 stories .....

Its mostly the right combinations .....

I did not know for instance until i tried different discussion topics with rachel the nerdy girl at dinner before i found 2 branches at least while they other 2 are more general cannon lines.

While I normally have a different definition for the word ending, [Main endings the ones where you have sex (good) and all non sex endings (bad)] ... there are some which are more like achievements ( did not really pay attention to the endings as I used control to skip in the end) which you can get on the way to a good or bad ending? Only arianeB would really know more about the branching structure and might comment further?

Thank you i will have to keep trying and see what happens, so far i am getting all the same endings [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

And i only get 2 with Wendy, fail at gym and fail at running on the beach
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby Super » Fri, 13May10 19:30

First off, I support your right to make whatever you want and you have no duty to listen to what I have to say, and also that your game, as is, is pretty good.

However, I do feel like I would have preferred a straight continuation of Date I. Have this be Date II, with your variables from the prequel unlocking a whole new string of options in this. And yeah, sure, I would have liked a more "hardcore" game, too. :p Eh, I DO like what you've got, but I'm just saying I think I would have preferred that. :/

But as is, it is good. :)
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby nvtsbamf » Fri, 13May10 19:56

the character renders have vastly improved since you started development, so thats cool. just tried stories 1 and 2 so far. 2 feels a lot stronger than 1. the first just doesn't have many choices and they mostly feel like say the right 1 of 3 things or its game over. and the different endings for date 1 dont feel very different
nvtsbamf
great white shark

Postby LucaNatoli » Fri, 13May10 20:07

Superawesomemans wrote:First off, I support your right to make whatever you want and you have no duty to listen to what I have to say, and also that your game, as is, is pretty good.

However, I do feel like I would have preferred a straight continuation of Date I. Have this be Date II, with your variables from the prequel unlocking a whole new string of options in this. And yeah, sure, I would have liked a more "hardcore" game, too. :p Eh, I DO like what you've got, but I'm just saying I think I would have preferred that. :/

But as is, it is good. :)

I kinda have to agree with this, even though it is still in beta stage, it feels very, very confusing. The art style, UI are awesome, though i have in my opinion the way it is set up feels kinda messy and confusing. I have changed the pre story options and tried different paths to run into the same ends.
Also with bonnie (story 3) i have had multiple endings (around 4 - 5 i think)

Added: I do like this game, it is making me think (and get stressed at the the same time), it has great potential. So please do not bash me for my comment [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby igniss » Fri, 13May10 20:29

Hey, really like the game its a nice job you did there.

Altho im sorta stuck at 39/40 and especially knowing the ending im missing and i cant seem to figure out is doing my head in ;)

the 10 of clubs ending with Rachel im missing, ive noticed when you go for the fortune teller + magician that he gets the card right (10 of clubs) but it doesnt seem to give me the ending what else am i missing?
igniss
Pilot fish

Postby ihutch » Fri, 13May10 20:47

igniss wrote:Hey, really like the game its a nice job you did there.

Altho im sorta stuck at 39/40 and especially knowing the ending im missing and i cant seem to figure out is doing my head in ;)

the 10 of clubs ending with Rachel im missing, ive noticed when you go for the fortune teller + magician that he gets the card right (10 of clubs) but it doesnt seem to give me the ending what else am i missing?

Thats the wrong order ....

its
magician + (then) fortune teller
ihutch
great white shark

Postby igniss » Fri, 13May10 20:52

ihutch wrote:
igniss wrote:Hey, really like the game its a nice job you did there.

Thats the wrong order ....

its
magician + (then) fortune teller

Ugh lol,

after i got him to get the card right i saved it and kept trying all options, no wonder... thanks alot that makes 40/40
igniss
Pilot fish

Postby Guntag » Fri, 13May10 21:30

ares wrote:
Guntag wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:In the case of games (like SITA) where there's a lot of clicking through scenes going on and you play the same scenes several times looking for a different outcome, PLEASE make the picture following the "good" choice significantly different to the one following a "bad" choice. This should at least make sure the player stops to read what it says and not just click on through to the next choice because he's already played through that part before... Sometimes the only difference is a small change to the words underneath the picture, which you can click through numerous times without even noticing and end up missing your stop.

I haven't played SitA yet, but I am pretty familiar with Renpy games. Usually in the options menu, one of them allows you to skip previously read text. If you don't want to read the text again because you played through the game multiple times, you can use this option and when you will encounter new text because you made different choices and are on a new route the skipping will stop.

In Windows, have you tried pressing the Ctrl key?

Thanks but that wasn't a question, I know how this feature works :) I was just trying to help Kessie with an option allowing him to know when he encounters new content !
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby Niauropsaka » Fri, 13May10 21:46

kessie8yl wrote:A minor gripe - The dinosaur game is pretty hard for those of us with less than perfect colour vision... Had to resort to a lot of blind clicking which took "forever" :)

Thankfully there's no time limit or I would have been real mad :)
My color vision is probably several times better than yours, and I only found seven of the eight. I finally used a keyboard function to hit the last one--right arrow I think. So it is possible to bypass that.

In general, I was prepared to be disappointed by this, but I was actually impressed. The art is amazing, the character's personalities are well thought out and expressed well in dialogue, and I can see multiple hooks for future expansion.

And yes, a third of the way through the 40 endings, I really do mean I can see more possible paths than the ones already in there that I just haven't taken. I can tell. There's a big world here, and Ariane hasn't gotten to it all.
Niauropsaka
lagoon predator

sex: Female

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13May10 22:41

ares wrote:
In Windows, have you tried pressing the Ctrl key?

On it's own or while you click or what??
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games