Who is who (the lagoon team)

The news about the board and the community.

Re: Who is who (the lagoon team)

Postby Graen » Mon, 11Jul18 05:48

Congratulations Hey Chief, on the successful completion of your daring escape from ze clinic! Hopefully, now you can start your recovery. :lol:

G
Image LoPteam.blogspot.com
Image graenwerks.blogspot.com
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 11Jul18 05:55

Your presence was missed, fortunately we had little work for you (is that unfortunately as we've had no offers). [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img]
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby LRM » Mon, 11Jul18 07:27

I noted your absence and composed a PM but when I attempted to send it went into the PM dead letter box (An all to common occurrence that improved. I did not try a second time). Welcome back. I hope the extended stay was the only unexpected outcome. If you would like to compare scars PM me, we'll chat.
Lou
We did recruit a sexy young Lass to assist you. She is away at present due to a death in her family.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Graen » Mon, 11Jul18 21:09

So... THAT happened.

A little about myself: I'm a product of the 80's, long hair et al. I'm currently residing in the PHX area, though I originally flew out of ORD.

I discovered the lagoon after playing a few of Shark's games on hornygamer.com and have been swimming around The Lagoon ever since. I registered with the forums last year and the rest is history! I want to thank The Lagoon Team for having me, and I hope we can continue to make this a better place for everyone to swim!

I'm here to help, and I'm not afraid to give you my opinion, so if there are any questions, please feel free to ask them. Beware, I occasionally give very blunt answers! :p

G
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 11Jul19 00:10

You're welcome to the Team.
By the way, not understanding the US, what is PHX and ORD, regions? districts? I know they are not States.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby LRM » Tue, 11Jul19 00:56

Welcome once more Mr Graen.

Squeeky wrote:You're welcome to the Team.
By the way, not understanding the US, what is PHX and ORD, regions? districts? I know they are not States.

PHX I think is Phoenix International Airport (I have 8 years total in Phoenix, AZ.) and ORD is I think O'Hare (Chicago, Ill.). Not a great distance from where I grew up. My older Sister and Brother resided in Illinois. I spent 28 weeks there while attending USAF Technical School late 1970 & early 1971.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Graen » Tue, 11Jul19 01:11

LRM wrote:PHX I think is Phoenix International Airport... and ORD is I think O'Hare (Chicago, Ill.).
LRM knows his stuff. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Loup Garou » Mon, 11Nov28 22:15

He got me... I would have said that ORD is Orlando... but I checked it and he was right.
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby shark » Mon, 11Nov28 22:24

Interesting discussion. we travel with this post… The only one I landed was LAX.
shark
Site Admin

Postby Graen » Mon, 11Nov28 23:40

Loup Garou wrote:He got me... I would have said that ORD is Orlando... but I checked it and he was right.
Nope, for Orlando you're going to have to fly into McCoy! ;)
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby Xyzzy987 » Tue, 11Nov29 00:08

shark wrote:Interesting discussion. we travel with this post… The only one I landed was LAX.

I travel quite a bit in my job (or at least used to). All airports worldwide are assigned a 3 character code by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). Often the code makes sense (in other words, it has something to do with the name of the airport or the city). For example, San Francisco is SFO, Baltimore-Washington is BWI, London is LHR (Heathrow) or LGW (Gatwick), Paris is CDG (Charles de Gaulle) or ORY (Orly), and so on.

Sometimes the code doesn't seem to make much sense, though. Orlando International is MCO, and New Orleans is MSY. If one were interested enough to do the research, then maybe the code would make some sense. For example, the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport was originally called Moisant Field, hence the MSY code, and Orlando International Airport was originally a Strategic Air Command base called McCoy Air Force Base.

If you are interested enough to still be reading this [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] then you may find it interesting to note that IATA airline codes are always two characters. For example, Delta is DL, United is UA, Lufthansa is LH, Singapore Airlines is SQ, and so on.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby Whatever » Wed, 12Jan11 12:04

Xyzzy987 wrote:
shark wrote:Interesting discussion. we travel with this post… The only one I landed was LAX.

I travel quite a bit in my job (or at least used to). All airports worldwide are assigned a 3 character code by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). Often the code makes sense (in other words, it has something to do with the name of the airport or the city). For example, San Francisco is SFO, Baltimore-Washington is BWI, London is LHR (Heathrow) or LGW (Gatwick), Paris is CDG (Charles de Gaulle) or ORY (Orly), and so on.

Sometimes the code doesn't seem to make much sense, though. Orlando International is MCO, and New Orleans is MSY. If one were interested enough to do the research, then maybe the code would make some sense. For example, the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport was originally called Moisant Field, hence the MSY code, and Orlando International Airport was originally a Strategic Air Command base called McCoy Air Force Base.

If you are interested enough to still be reading this [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] then you may find it interesting to note that IATA airline codes are always two characters. For example, Delta is DL, United is UA, Lufthansa is LH, Singapore Airlines is SQ, and so on.

I think the best IATA airport code in the US is the one for Miami International Airport, which is MIA.
MIA stands for Miami International Airport, also for MIAmi and last but not least, it stands for MIA Intl Airp (recursive definition, just like GNU)
Whatever
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 12Jan12 23:05

Ah! Shark has advised that he has made a major adjustment to our team.
Graen has been elevated from Games Master to Moderator which I trust will be more beneficial to him and our Team.

A hearty Welcome to our ranks Graen.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Graen » Thu, 12Jan12 23:23

Squeeky wrote:Ah! Shark has advised that he has made a major adjustment to our team.
Graen has been elevated from Games Master to Moderator which I trust will be more beneficial to him and our Team.

So... THAT happened. (again)

Thanks to the Moderation Team for putting this trust with me. At this rate, hopefully I'll be Shark by the end of the year! :crazy:
Graen
legend of the South Seas

Postby LRM » Thu, 12Jan12 23:50

Graen wrote:
Squeeky wrote:Ah! Shark has advised that he has made a major adjustment to our team.

So... THAT happened. (again)

Thanks to the Moderation Team for putting this trust with me. At this rate, hopefully I'll be Shark by the end of the year! :crazy:

I'll add a public, "I'm glad to see it" here too. You earned it.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

PreviousNext

Return to About the community