Now i do understand this is not a guide or walkthrough, but you are in this section so your not wanting to play "legit" anyway. But cheat engine can be used for different reason; Cheating, debugging, speeding for example rpg-maker games up and more.
Where to get http://www.cheatengine.org/
and its free. What it does? It helps you hack single player games, read help you still got to do alot yourself. When you first start it up (at least for me) a tutorial is launched for the basic needs. This tutorial can be launched as well under the help tab. And more in depth stuff is found on the Cheat Engine forums. Here i just type some basics
Step 1. Open both the game and Cheat Engine
step 2. Open process, its in the top left corner and looks like a computer icon. Next click the game in the process list. Usually its the same icon and name.
Step 3. Search for a value in game you want to change, usually the values which are shown are the easiest. Like health, money etc
Step 4. Under value on the right side of the window you are going to type the value (default settings for now exact value, 4 bytes) you want to change then click first scan (the lower the number the more results can show, 0 is a hard one to find) When the process is done on the left side all the values which you searched for are shown
Step 5. See the value change in game for example if you searched for 100 health take a hit and have 99 health
Step 6 Type the new value in the value field and hit next scan. If we are lucky you will only see 1 address on the left side numbering 99 in this case.
Step 7 Double click this address to drop it to the bottom bar so you can keep it, remember what it is (ctrl + enter makes you rename it, in our example name it hp)
step 8. click it, enter it, right click change value to anything for example 99999. If this was the correct address in game your hp just changed to 99999. Sometimes you need to do a action in game to make the change. Like stepping left or anything.
Now just repeat for different values
* Most values are in the"4 bytes" value type, if you get no result change "4 bytes" to "all types" searching takes longer but you get more results like floating numbers, double numbers etc.
* Every stat in the Rags game engine is the "double" value type
* Most rpg-maker games are in the 4 bytes, but you need to multiply by 2 and add 1. Example for 100 health you need to search for 201. For a 0 like in the number of items yu hold you need to search for 1.
* you can enable speed hack, and cause most rpg-maker games are very slow on movement, i do it there mostly
* cheat engine is for single-player games, most multi-player games won't even launch when you have it enabled, some might even give you a instant ban. So make sure you don't have it on when launching a multi-player game.
* after double clicking and putting a value in your bottom bar, you can check mark it to keep that value forever Infinite hp anyone?. But see next tip
* be aware some games have floating addresses, a address can change and you have to search again =/. Be aware if you check marked a address.
* the CE forums are full of helpful tips and tricks, and even tables usually not for Aif games etc. But still they exist. They also have more advanced and expert guides for CE.
* under memory scan options you see start 0000000000000000 and stop 7fffffffffffffff. If you already found at least 2 other values, you see that the address are around the same range example 035A70FB and 035A10B0. If you change start to 0000000003500000 all address above 3500000 CE will skip, leaving a shorter list of results. Useful for hidden values which grow or decrease really slow. Example a relationship between 2 other characters which grows only by cooking them diner, but can only be done once a day.
Approved to post by LRM, if anyone has any problems PM