Ariane slightly changed, can you figure out how?

You found a 3d sexy girl on the net… Maybe you created one yourself … Or then you have an idea for a new pictures series… Be nice, make take advantage off it everybody…

Ariane slightly changed, can you figure out how?

Postby ArianeB » Sat, 18Feb17 16:50

The above picture is my latest render of Ariane. I made a change to her, and I am curious if anyone can figure out what the difference is. Familiarity with the Daz/Poser community will help figure out what is different, and of course familiarity with older Ariane pics will help as well.

I'm not sure if this is a permanent change. I'm just tinkering around with some new tools.
ArianeB
great white shark

sex: Female

Re: Ariane slightly changed, can you figure out how?

Postby Mortze » Sat, 18Feb17 17:23

I would shoot that Ariane is now in the Genesis 3 (or Genesis 8) club.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby ArianeB » Sat, 18Feb17 18:15

Mortze wrote:I would shoot that Ariane is now in the Genesis 3 (or Genesis 8) club.

I figure that would be most everyone's response. She is actually in the Hivewire's Dawn http://hivewire3d.com/dawn-special-edition.html/ club. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

The Vicky 4 version still looks good, especially the face (I haven't converted the eye color and makeup to Dawn yet). But the Dawn body is so much more detailed and accurate. Especially note the hands, the arm bends, and the abdomen and rib cage. I have time to tinker before I make a decision on my next game.

These are Poser renderings, btw, so the Dawn version of Ariane is 100% Daz3D free.
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Sat, 18Feb17 20:28

I'm not familiar with Dawn.

What strikes me right away is that Dawn Ariane eyes are smaller as are her areolas. The nose seems different too but it isn't the same angle and I can't say much more than that.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sat, 18Feb17 21:08

ArianeB wrote:I have time to tinker before I make a decision on my next game.

This is how this thread went for me:

"Pictures, pictures, text ... Wait. Ariane is going to make another game? Woohoo!!!!!"

(-:

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby JFR » Sat, 18Feb17 22:03

I don't have the render expertise to talk models but my reaction is that I like the older face better (could be a make-up issue.) The catch lights in the older eyes are better as well. But the new body is simply much better for all the reasons you mentioned. The elbows look real, not like a segmented doll, the breasts look more realistic (and beautiful) and other features just seem more real. I'll be interested to see the finished product but this is definitely on the right track.

And I agree with Tlaero. A new game sounds great.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby ArianeB » Sun, 18Feb18 03:43

Here's the advanced Ariane with some additional tweaks rendered in her house using Mortze's favorite Depth of Field trick (it really does speed up the render)
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 18Feb18 09:13

ArianeB wrote:Image
Here's the advanced Ariane with some additional tweaks rendered in her house using Mortze's favorite Depth of Field trick (it really does speed up the render)

Dawn seems to be a popular model among Poser's developers, there many things for her on Renderosity. As I learned to use only Daz Studio, I only got the genesis generations as reference.

I liked this last picture more than the others two, her eyes seems bigger, they look small especially in the second one. This last picture alone make us wish to play the game.

Great to see Ariane around, her game is epic. I probably played it a dozen times in a round. I probably take more turn downs from Ariane than in real life
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby ArianeB » Sun, 18Feb18 13:21

The reason why Dawn is popular among Poser users is because it is available as a native poser model. G3 and G8 have to be converted along with all of their clothing. A lot of people just give up on all of that converting and just use DAZ Studio. I've been using Poser since 1999, so I am kind of an expert, and I would have to deal with a learning curve plus a lot of reverse conversion of my Poser files to use DAZ. So path of least resistance.
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 18Feb19 21:23

ArianeB wrote:The reason why Dawn is popular among Poser users is because it is available as a native poser model. G3 and G8 have to be converted along with all of their clothing. A lot of people just give up on all of that converting and just use DAZ Studio. I've been using Poser since 1999, so I am kind of an expert, and I would have to deal with a learning curve plus a lot of reverse conversion of my Poser files to use DAZ. So path of least resistance.

Yes, sure. There are many developers that use only Daz Studio and are still addicted to Victoria 4, that seem to be also a native Poser model. For a beginner, I found V4 much harder to use than Genesis: magnetic fits didn't work in many cases, I needed to adjust clothes to every pose, the smart panel doesn't work, I needed to search on the products folders...

I used to like it G2 more, I think her hips are more rounded than G3 but I started to change because of the Iray textures, very rare on G2. I get some G8 packages but couldn't work with them yet, but I'm anxious for an opportunity to use Monique 8 for example.

Congratulations for your work
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby ArianeB » Tue, 18Feb20 05:27

So after a LOT of tweaking and adjusting, I decided that a Dawn conversion just isn't working. New characters will be Dawn based. but Ariane will be done with good old V4.

I figured out that the "curves" I was looking for could be added with the long forgotten, and rarely used V4 Muscle pack.

ArianeB
great white shark

Postby ArianeB » Tue, 18Feb20 05:39

MaxCarna wrote:
ArianeB wrote:The reason why Dawn is popular among Poser users is because it is available as a native poser model. G3 and G8 have to be converted along with all of their clothing. A lot of people just give up on all of that converting and just use DAZ Studio. I've been using Poser since 1999, so I am kind of an expert, and I would have to deal with a learning curve plus a lot of reverse conversion of my Poser files to use DAZ. So path of least resistance.

Yes, sure. There are many developers that use only Daz Studio and are still addicted to Victoria 4, that seem to be also a native Poser model. For a beginner, I found V4 much harder to use than Genesis: magnetic fits didn't work in many cases, I needed to adjust clothes to every pose, the smart panel doesn't work, I needed to search on the products folders...

I used to like it G2 more, I think her hips are more rounded than G3 but I started to change because of the Iray textures, very rare on G2. I get some G8 packages but couldn't work with them yet, but I'm anxious for an opportunity to use Monique 8 for example.

Congratulations for your work

Victoria 4 has a long history and lots of supported add-ons that still do not exist in Genesis. Still Daz Studio is designed for Genesis figures, and using Genesis in Poser requires lots of conversion. I think the community is split on what program to use, with us old school renderers sticking to Poser, and new people jumping on DAZ Studio, especially thanks to the price. Both can produce really awesome pictures, so go with what you like the best.

Victoria 4's main shortcomings are with the wonky joints, especially the shoulders. Two products on Renderosity "i13_Overhaul" and "XandM Perfect V4" can be used to fix most of that wonkiness in Poser, which is what I use.

p.s. Poser users, there is a poser script I found on Renderosity called "D3D Perfect Skin SSS Lite" that creates flawless settings for use with "Superfly" (the poser 11 equivalent of iRay)
ArianeB
great white shark

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 18Feb20 05:59

Stunning work.

I believe there are many add-ons around for V4, this shape you made on the blouse, I never get any closer to that using only v4 pro bundle contents.

Zev0 has many products that I would guess would cause this effect, like Fit Control 3, Breast Control...

Anyway, in my opinion this last V4 really is better than Dawn, I would never guess that is V4 model
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby moskys » Tue, 18Feb20 13:54

ArianeB wrote:So after a LOT of tweaking and adjusting, I decided that a Dawn conversion just isn't working. New characters will be Dawn based. but Ariane will be done with good old V4.

I figured out that the "curves" I was looking for could be added with the long forgotten, and rarely used V4 Muscle pack.

wow. Her face looks so real in this one :16:
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby LostTrout » Sat, 18Feb24 07:39

Have you tried Project Evolution by erogenesis on cgbytes? It's a new Poser figure with modern features like a facial rig. Since it's made by an erotic comic artist, the figure comes with sexual bits and even bones for the breasts. I'm a Daz user, so I haven't tried it, but it definitely looks interesting. The base figure looks much more like the average girl next door than supermodels like Victoria or even GND, but I'm sure she can be morphed to be more glamorous.
LostTrout
sirens hunter

Next

Return to Sexy girls