Just starting to learn to use daz, render I just made

You found a 3d sexy girl on the net… Maybe you created one yourself … Or then you have an idea for a new pictures series… Be nice, make take advantage off it everybody…

Just starting to learn to use daz, render I just made

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 12Feb18 17:41

Can never get the hair to look good enough. Also I wish renders didnt take so long :( If anyone uses reality 2.0 ( i have the 32 bit vers) would having the 64 bit make a huge difference or a marginal one in speed?
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Re: Just starting to learn to use daz, render I just made

Postby TheBrain » Sat, 12Feb18 19:41

I'm not familiar with the plugin you mention, but generally there's not a large amount of performance difference between 32 bit and 64 bit, unless memory usage is a bottleneck. The simple fact is that renders like these require a lot of processing power (I'm guessing this took several hours?, but they do look very nice :P).
I found with the standard DAZ renderer (using a homemade ambient occlusion light shader) that disabling AO for hair saves a large amount of time. Using less complex lighting can help too (for example, using directional/point/ambient lights instead of uberenvironment2 in DAZ4). Of course I don't know how much control Reality gives you to do stuff like that. Other than that, just use low quality renders while you're trying out and posing stuff, and only switch to higher settings (and/or a different renderer) for the final rendering.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Feb22 15:02

lol...not a great render because of weird creases in spots but sharing for the hell of it.

lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Wed, 12Feb22 15:12

Gives a whole new meaning to "horny" and "wall sex" -- in fact it's a bit off the wall! I wonder whether she's changed her mind about rhino horn being an aphrodisiac?
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 12Feb22 15:50

Well done lamont the girl looks good also her facial expression is much better now, well minus the pain she may be having [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
but as Greebo said ''Gives a whole new meaning to "horny" and "wall sex" ;)

Keep up the great work !
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Rastifan » Wed, 12Feb22 17:15

Looks quite promising. Looking forward to your future work [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby dolerhyde7 » Wed, 12Feb22 17:29

Well done. She certainly ' got the point '!
dolerhyde7
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Feb22 18:54

dolerhyde7 wrote:Well done. She certainly ' got the point '!

[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Wed, 12Feb22 23:07

As regards those seams ... that usually happens when there is a mismatch between the UV map of the figure and the UV map of the texture. Not an area I am knowledgable over, but so far as I know the brief version is the UV map is how DAZ Studio (and other programs) can relate the jpeg that contains the textures/colours to the figure. If you look at one of the files for a particular texture you will see a largish jpeg that has a 'distorted'/splayed picture of the parts of the figure that this map is for. How does DAZ know that, say, the fingers of Victoria are to be the colour they are in the texture file? That is where the UV map comes in. Anyway, back on track ... with DAZ Studio 4 the Genesis figure can use textures for Victoria 4, Michael 4 and, of course, Genesis. What can happen when loading a texture is that the figure's UV map does not match that of the texture just loaded. Once you have loaded the texture (the tab names may be different depending on what layout and style you have), make sure the Genesis figure is selected in the Scene tab, then go to the Surfaces tab, selecting Editor and click on Genesis (to select all material zones). Scroll down the list of properties and toward the bototm you will see an entry like (26): UV Map (which means there are 26 selected surfaces). The UV map shown will be one of a list - all you need to do is make sure that is is set to the correct value.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Feb22 23:12

I am using daz studio 3. Havent tried 4 yet.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Wed, 12Feb22 23:22

TheBrain wrote:I'm not familiar with the plugin you mention, but generally there's not a large amount of performance difference between 32 bit and 64 bit, unless memory usage is a bottleneck. The simple fact is that renders like these require a lot of processing power (I'm guessing this took several hours?, but they do look very nice :P).
I found with the standard DAZ renderer (using a homemade ambient occlusion light shader) that disabling AO for hair saves a large amount of time. Using less complex lighting can help too (for example, using directional/point/ambient lights instead of uberenvironment2 in DAZ4). Of course I don't know how much control Reality gives you to do stuff like that. Other than that, just use low quality renders while you're trying out and posing stuff, and only switch to higher settings (and/or a different renderer) for the final rendering.

As you say, the only difference you'll get between 32- and 64-bit versions is addressable memory. More memory equating to more complex geometry in the scene, which means more figures, props, etc.
Depending on what you need/want the final image for you can get some pretty decent results from the native DAZ Studio render engine (3Delight) with just using the standard, in-built lights - distant lights, spot lights, etc. What Uber Environment does is provide a means of generating the ambient light you get in real life with light being bounced around off all surfaces. You can also use a HDRI (actually , technically, I think it's just a LDRI) which will act as a light source. What Reality does is act as a clever interface between DAZ Studio and the open source unbiased render engine LuxRender. What that means is that Reality will take your DAZ scene, have a damned good stab at material conversion (you can manually tweak) before passing all that on to LuxRender. Where LuxRender scores is the fact that it is unbiased, which means it treats lights like lights. Sounds obvious but - that means no need to try and get ambient lighting to match real life, LuxRender does that because light is treated like light, it will generate ambience automatically. If it is there in the scene it will cause shadows or cast shadows - because in real life light will always cause shadows to be cast (in DAZ you can turn that off on a light-by-light basis), and if you have something in the scene it will cast shadows because that is what things do when hit by light! The downside of all this are the re-thinking of your lighting policy/style, a need to tweak materials in Reality, time - Reality renders can be lengthy. Upsides are the fact you can pause and resume your renders as and when you like, plus you can network your renders for more speed.
In my view, Reality/LuxRender are another tool in the box, to be used at the appropriate time. Not all my renders are done via Reality (in fact not many are!) as I can still produce output I am happy with using the 'vanilla' tools build in to DAZ Studio.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Wed, 12Feb22 23:22

lamont Sanford wrote:I am using daz studio 3. Havent tried 4 yet.

If you hurry (you have until the end of the month) you can pick up DS4Pro for free
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Wed, 12Feb22 23:24

lamont Sanford wrote:I am using daz studio 3. Havent tried 4 yet.

Curious - I'd still be inclined to suspect a UV map issue - what figure and what skin texture are you using?
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Feb22 23:54

the rhino one was vic 4.2 with the grace morph.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Thu, 12Feb23 00:19

lamont Sanford wrote:the rhino one was vic 4.2 with the grace morph.

Don't think I have that Morph. Which skin texture, or does it come bundled with the morph?
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Next

Return to Sexy girls