Is my game a finished one or a project?

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby GDS » Thu, 17Jul27 22:44

I'm just about to make public a game:
Image

But I really am confused if I should post as project, or a finished game,

Because the game still a WIP, but it's bigger then any other game I finished,
It's like a fished game, with no end, 13 full scenes with lost of parts and animations, but the story still not fully finished,

So what should I do?

EDIT: The HTML5 version is here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/697085
But Im still working on the thread, may take some time
Last edited by GDS on Fri, 17Jul28 20:24, edited 2 times in total.
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
User avatar
GDS
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat, 16Jan02 12:36
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby yahoo » Thu, 17Jul27 23:10

I think it depends on what you want to achieve by posting the game. In "Projects", people will typically comment on how to improve parts of the game that you have already completed, as if they're open to improvement.
FWIW, Brad's Erotic Week is in the finished games section, and it's the definitive unfinished game (even though it's fully playable).
yahoo
great white shark
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon, 15Jul13 18:31
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby kexter » Thu, 17Jul27 23:31

I say put it in Projects first, we can move the thread later if the consensus is that it belongs to "All sexy games" (or later if you request it). It can also be beneficial to get some early feedback while it's still in the Projects area so you can fix any unforeseen issues that might surface at the last minute.
By the way, the image you put in the spoiler tag doesn't show up.
@kextercius
User avatar
kexter
Moderator
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun, 13Dec29 11:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby fleet » Thu, 17Jul27 23:35

If I were you, I'd place it in 'Projects' until you are satisfied that it is completed, and you don't expect or plan to do any additional work on it.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "The Night He Met a Sidhe"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4060&p=107663
fleet
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon, 11May16 00:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby GDS » Fri, 17Jul28 18:30

yahoo wrote:I think it depends on what you want to achieve by posting the game. In "Projects", people will typically comment on how to improve parts of the game that you have already completed, as if they're open to improvement.
FWIW, Brad's Erotic Week is in the finished games section, and it's the definitive unfinished game (even though it's fully playable).

Yeap that's the game that made me confused...



kexter wrote:I say put it in Projects first, we can move the thread later if the consensus is that it belongs to "All sexy games" (or later if you request it). It can also be beneficial to get some early feedback while it's still in the Projects area so you can fix any unforeseen issues that might surface at the last minute.
By the way, the image you put in the spoiler tag doesn't show up.

I fixed the image, guess Gdrive doesn't like hot-linked images
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
User avatar
GDS
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat, 16Jan02 12:36
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby Dole » Fri, 17Jul28 19:16

In your picture you must delete the side name and it is not allowed to use it here.

A lot of Games/Projects are deleted here because the people used the side name.

So I would change it quick or this thread is not long living.
Dole
star of the reef
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue, 09Jun02 23:00

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby GDS » Fri, 17Jul28 20:13

Dole wrote:In your picture you must delete the side name and it is not allowed to use it here.

A lot of Games/Projects are deleted here because the people used the side name.

So I would change it quick or this thread is not long living.

You mean the Pat**** name?
Pretty sure I cannot make propaganda and ask for donations, but I checked my oldest games and they have the logo since last year and its fine,

I don't think its needed to edit the whole main menu of the game(Pause menu too) to post the pictures here, is it?
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
User avatar
GDS
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat, 16Jan02 12:36
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 17Jul28 21:38

Really? Mhm time to delete some posts then be right back. Ask Shark, explain it and ask what to do. It might just be that unlike other people where we wanted that gone. You used to be/ still are a bit more active on this forum. It's not that your only posting for your own game. Then go away. But ask what Shark has to say i could be wrong about it
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
User avatar
Skelaturi
Moderator
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed, 14Nov19 19:06
Location: The Netherlands, Brabant
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby GDS » Fri, 17Jul28 23:15

Skelaturi wrote:Really? Mhm time to delete some posts then be right back. Ask Shark, explain it and ask what to do. It might just be that unlike other people where we wanted that gone. You used to be/ still are a bit more active on this forum. It's not that your only posting for your own game. Then go away. But ask what Shark has to say i could be wrong about it

When I starting to use the P-site I asked, Because I was scared to lose my work, and got this answer: Its ok, as long I don't ask for donations, or juts come here for propaganda. it was about the time they put that warning as a stick.

P.S. This thread can be closed, I just posted the game as project for now,
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
User avatar
GDS
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat, 16Jan02 12:36
sex: Masculine

Re: Is my game a finished one or a project?

Postby kexter » Sat, 17Jul29 00:26

Thread locked on request of GDS, continue the discussion over at the game's topic.
@kextercius
User avatar
kexter
Moderator
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun, 13Dec29 11:01
sex: Masculine


Return to Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

eXTReMe Tracker