Woodland Inn

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Woodland Inn

Postby Boomatica » Sun, 17Apr02 19:27

Removed.
Last edited by Boomatica on Mon, 17Apr24 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Re: Woodland Inn

Postby Sarchx » Sun, 17Apr02 19:43

When you replay something, It's either to see the paths that you didn't choose, or to pick up on something you missed out in the first run.
A lot of the motivation is gonna drop, if the first 2 or 3 scenes of randomness is the same as you've already seen.

I get it, that it won't be something important to the story, but it still has to be important enough to get the players to want to replay the same story to see the additional content, that they might get.
Tough balance I think.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby Kukri » Mon, 17Apr03 19:37

Perhaps you could add an "achievement" allowing the peeper to recall his subject once he has played through and gotten all 36 scenes for each subject?
Kukri
sirens hunter

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Tue, 17Apr04 13:32

Sarchx wrote:When you replay something, It's either to see the paths that you didn't choose, or to pick up on something you missed out in the first run.
A lot of the motivation is gonna drop, if the first 2 or 3 scenes of randomness is the same as you've already seen.

I get it, that it won't be something important to the story, but it still has to be important enough to get the players to want to replay the same story to see the additional content, that they might get.
Tough balance I think.

I agree with this. One way to partially solve it is when a peeping scene occurs to have it removed from the list of repeatable peeping scenes so you never see the same scene twice on the same playthrough. You may also want to alter your game mechanic to make the inhibition score increase by something you do in game that doesn't involve peeping. Perhaps having conversations or activities with people during the day may increase inhibition for the peeping scenes at night. Then your mechanic for winning or losing the game could be to increase the inhibition score to the next level before running out of scenes at that inhibition level (you lose the game if you do). You could also put conditions in the random scenes to make certain scenes more likely to occur under specific circumstances. For example say the Inn has a pool, or there is a nearby lake. Perhaps cleaning the pool during the day makes any peeping events that may involve the pool more likely to occur, or mentioning the lake in conversation makes a peeping event there more likely. There could also be a money system required to buy things, and one of those things that you buy could be a camera that you have a choice of placing in certain places. This may allow you to review peeping scenes you've already seen in game later. Perhaps the camera opens up a legacy system where anything recorded by the camera can be viewed by future playthroughs as well.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Boomatica » Tue, 17Apr04 18:54

Thank you for your input guys I really do appropriate it.
I've taken what you've said into consideration and I've already made some changes.

I have a delegate question for you guys.

It's about the "Taboo" of a game.
Should the main character be related by blood
To some of the characters or just by marriage.
IE : Brother or Step Brother.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Postby Sarchx » Tue, 17Apr04 21:26

I think that has to be entirely up to you.

For some people, it seems to give it "an extra notch" if it's blood-related, and for others the "step-brother" makes it more a comfortable distance.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby Mik » Wed, 17Apr05 01:14

I don't know which "game engine" you use, but you could ask the player before he starts the game, if he wants the be blood related or not... [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
But if you can''t use the "relationship" as a variable in your engine, you will have to do all the writing twice. :crazy:
Mik
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Wed, 17Apr05 03:56

If you're asking me personally it would detract from the game making the characters blood relatives. I try to be open minded playing games and remember that we all have our kinks and I've ended up playing games and enjoying them with subject matter that I didn't think I'd enjoy but incest still seems to be a hard limit for me. As Sarchx pointed out though for some people it would elevate their gaming experience with all characters being blood relatives.

I say if you're considering doing something then don't half ass it, you may as well go all in. Make the game you want to make and not what you think will appeal to the largest audience.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby HeyChief » Wed, 17Apr05 05:46

As stated above, when you spend all the effort to write a game, you should in all fairness to yourself write it the way you want it to be, No one forces anyone else to play it. An now I wll step down off of my soapbox until next time boys and girls. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
HeyChief
lagoon predator

Postby Boomatica » Thu, 17Apr06 23:29

Once again thank you for your input guys, taken into consideration [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

What i've done now is :

To raise inhibision levels for each person you can spend Attraction points.
Not sure how i'm going to turn this into a realisitic story as such but i'll find a way.

Also it seemed a little to easy to just be able to peep on everyone in any room so i've now made it so you have to work at your Inn to make money
and then spend money to create peep holes in each rooms for each person etc.

Still no where near ready to realse anything yet even as a demo but i would like some bug testers when i get close for anyone interested.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 17Apr07 13:43

Boomatica wrote:O
Not sure how i'm going to turn this into a realisitic story as such but i'll find a way.

Your primary focus seems to be on providing voyeuristic fetish content with incest fetish content being a secondary concern so your story just needs to be in service to that. Working at the Inn solves the problem of getting money and having access to the peeping locations but makes providing the incest content problematic because you have to explain how your family members all decided to book time at the inn where you work.

One possibility is that you just purchased the Inn and are the new owner and have invited your family to stay in the Inn to check it out while you do some work to get it ready for customers. Then perhaps you can create your peep holes yourself or you may discover hidden passages that the previous owner created, so it becomes more about discovering these passages than actually creating peeping holes. Or the previous owner could have installed a hidden camera system where you can watch from a remote location but there are only a few cameras so you have to pick where you want to peep and move the cameras around to different locations or purchase more cameras to cover more areas (or but more cameras to increase coverage with whatever mechanic is used to earn money).

You could also have your extended family on vacation together in a remote location and something happens that they get trapped in the Inn (snowstorm, floods wash out the only road out of the area, etc.). Then you're all trapped at the Inn until whatever condition trapped you there subsides. If you still need a money mechanic your job could be something you could do remotely (being a writer seems popular in games like these) so you just work on your computer and email your work to your boss and money appears in your account.

If you want to go with a more supernatural element in the game you could make it sort of an Evil Dead parody and make the inn more of a large cabin where the family spends their summer. One of the family members finds a book in the basement and reads a passage which summons you (a demon) who gains more power by manipulating the family into taboo sex. you could look to games like Sensual Haunting and Demon on a Starship for inspiration for that.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Return to Projects