Private Island

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Private Island

Postby Boomatica » Mon, 17Jan16 02:25

Removed.
Last edited by Boomatica on Mon, 17Apr24 23:06, edited 3 times in total.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Re: Private Island

Postby Super » Mon, 17Jan16 04:12

I'd assume you played and were even inspired by pokkaloh? I mean my partner wanted to make a game with this concept anyway before we heard of that but still seems awfully familiar to that haha

I'll be sure to play the demo though and try to judge it by itself
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Boomatica » Mon, 17Jan16 04:30

Bingo !

Many of the ideas are from that yes,
The issue is trying to replicate them into
RPGMakerMV.
And considering im learning it as I go it's
Taking longer than expected.

The story so far is terrible at as I want there to be more back story and choices/consequence.

Thank you for taking the time to play it and I'd very much
Appreciate some feedback.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Postby rdemon » Mon, 17Jan16 15:56

Hey,
just my 2 cents. The graphics are fine and the idea of the whole setting is interesting. But right now thats pretty much it. The game feels like a early alpha release.

Just to mention some problems:

- the rooms are empty (maybe your intentions are room upgrades, but a chair and a table would seem appropriate at least)
- being unable to open pretty much any door (i mean you are the owner of the island... better to have an empty room than closed doors)
- the event trigger for the first maid selection in your room doesn't work well. (Walked around the whole island and got frustrated until i found out i had to run deeper in my room.)
- the intro gives you pretty much no info and is not really written well. (the whole reasoning was like more a comedy than a proper explanation)
- the whole island appearance doesn't feel right. ( is it a tropic island? -> add more palm trees, a bigger beach,...)

I believe a lot of people won't feel like helping you out with your game, due to the fact that it is really not that developed. Maybe it would be better to develope this game a little bit further before you release it to the public. I hope this is not discouraging you.
rdemon
sirens hunter

Postby Boomatica » Mon, 17Jan16 17:10

rdemon wrote:Hey,
just my 2 cents. The graphics are fine and the idea of the whole setting is interesting. But right now thats pretty much it. The game feels like a early alpha release.

Just to mention some problems:

- the rooms are empty (maybe your intentions are room upgrades, but a chair and a table would seem appropriate at least)
- being unable to open pretty much any door (i mean you are the owner of the island... better to have an empty room than closed doors)
- the event trigger for the first maid selection in your room doesn't work well. (Walked around the whole island and got frustrated until i found out i had to run deeper in my room.)
- the intro gives you pretty much no info and is not really written well. (the whole reasoning was like more a comedy than a proper explanation)
- the whole island appearance doesn't feel right. ( is it a tropic island? -> add more palm trees, a bigger beach,...)

I believe a lot of people won't feel like helping you out with your game, due to the fact that it is really not that developed. Maybe it would be better to develope this game a little bit further before you release it to the public. I hope this is not discouraging you.

Not at all i appriciate the imput, i'll start working on this stuff now. thank you.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Postby Boomatica » Mon, 17Jan16 17:15

Do you think people would prefer grinding to open these rooms ?
Such as chopping down trees + opening the mine for stone etc to build these rooms ?
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 17Jan16 18:45

Boomatica wrote:- the rooms are empty (maybe your intentions are room upgrades, but a chair and a table would seem appropriate at least)

Do you think people would prefer grinding to open these rooms ?
Such as chopping down trees + opening the mine for stone etc to build these rooms ?

If i would win 1.2 billion dollars, i would never want to work in my whole life. So chopping down trees and mining is then a no for me. But will inform you further after i have taken a gander at your startup project.

edit extra:
So taking a gander at starting story, yes still i wouldn't love the idea of having 1.2 billion dollar, wanting a private island for myself and then when i buy 1 i'd have to make a resort of it. I'd rather buy a villa myself then. And with a resort why'd i want a mine? If you want that mine i got a suggestion story wise for you. Instead of buying it from that company, why doesn't the player buy it from a tribe living on the island. That needs the money for whatever reasons. Like making sure they pay taxes and keeping capitalist outsiders of their island so they won't mess with the ecosystem or with their customs.Now you have 1 a small labor group for some of your needs 2 a tribe which most likely have beautiful women you can spy on and 3 a legitimate private island. Well a part of it anyway, get a jungle out there. Some nice waterfalls etc. New people to the island (don't only get women if you want voyeurism, also get men)
Corruption wise, well corrupt the tribe. With corruption or favors. Good vs evil. You get the ability from the tribe to expand your land on the island. Where you 1st had only your house with a nice view, you now can build some more house for others who want to stay. Think of, criminals who have fled their country, archaeologists, environmentalists, a survivor man/woman, A elderly pair who wants to live on your island for the peace, with a hot daughter (read milf)and grand daughter who comes by. Etc. Etc.

Feature wise. Expanding the island you currently have, what you want to do drop sand in the ocean? Nope you either have a big island or you don't. Your current one is to small really with your ideas. RPGmaker, make sure you think of why you need RPGmaker. If your game is just Visual Novel progression. Why not go with Ren'py instead. 1. It's free 2. it's less taxing on computers 3. Less programming involved really. And you can still go to different areas. 4. RPGmaker has a bad name with so many bad RPGmaker games around.

Now ren'py would be less freeroaming, but thing is do i really want to freeroam on a boring rpgmaker map, which again more stuff on screen is more taxing on computers for RPGmaker. Also i believe you can use ren' py on more systems like android
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Boomatica » Mon, 17Jan16 19:00

As Super pointed out the game is very much inspired by pokkaloh.
So i really want people to have to "earn" the story/images in a way that's fun and rewarding.

So i've just spent some time rethinking the story line and doing a bit of work on the island/rooms.

When i have more i'll update / upload a new build.

Any further ideas / criticism are welcome.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Postby Super » Mon, 17Jan16 21:39

Yeah, having an island so small won't really work in the longrun. Especially since you are using RPG Maker

Not to mention that everything is already built which kinda gets in the way a bit of the future.

what exactly will the minute to minute and day to day gameplay be? Can't just be seducing women right?

Will need to try and develop in phases too
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Dole » Tue, 17Jan17 14:07

Is the end after sleeping?

The story is not so good for the money you get aso islands without peoples. And it is a small island and you have a lot of money so it doesn´t fit.

It is to much money from the beginning so normal you can buy all and normal all girls aso. So I would change something.

Story example:

1) Why the hero don´t inherits the island as a right of inheritance what decays when the island populution is under 10 or so the island get back to the country.

2) Or you win on a gaming show in tv and you get only the win (island with money) when you live on this island 1 year and the resort and the island have XX customer and XX population.

3) Or your rich grandfather inherits you all only when you live on this island 1 year and the resort and the island have XX customer and XX population. Maybe make XX money and find a wife.

4) Or you are rich and buyed the island and the resort and work undercover as a resort leader in this resort in search of real love (and not after girls they are behind money). So you became information as a resort leader for your working place/island.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby Boomatica » Tue, 17Jan17 16:34

Dole wrote:Is the end after sleeping?

The story is not so good for the money you get aso islands without peoples. And it is a small island and you have a lot of money so it doesn´t fit.

It is to much money from the beginning so normal you can buy all and normal all girls aso. So I would change something.

Story example:

1) Why the hero don´t inherits the island as a right of inheritance what decays when the island populution is under 10 or so the island get back to the country.

2) Or you win on a gaming show in tv and you get only the win (island with money) when you live on this island 1 year and the resort and the island have XX customer and XX population.

3) Or your rich grandfather inherits you all only when you live on this island 1 year and the resort and the island have XX customer and XX population. Maybe make XX money and find a wife.

4) Or you are rich and buyed the island and the resort and work undercover as a resort leader in this resort in search of real love (and not after girls they are behind money). So you became information as a resort leader for your working place/island.

The download link is now different, linking to a new build of the game.

Changed the story / island.
I'm semi starting from scratch again.
So this download doesn't really have any pictures. it's simply a story update.

So if anyone is up for having a quick look and feedback i'd appriciate.
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Postby Dole » Tue, 17Jan17 23:09

For me make the story now sence. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Dole
star of the reef

Postby Super » Wed, 17Jan18 05:44

story is a bit better now

would just suggest, instead of having every house be already built and having to build new rooms in your one main house, you have it so that you build each house individually
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby haxton » Wed, 17Jan18 14:58

I cant write my name so the game breaks for me '-'
haxton
great white shark

Postby Boomatica » Wed, 17Jan18 15:53

Super wrote:story is a bit better now

would just suggest, instead of having every house be already built and having to build new rooms in your one main house, you have it so that you build each house individually

Yes i've looked into this, i'm currently making events for each tile of each building to allow this, it's taking longer than expected.

haxton wrote:I cant write my name so the game breaks for me '-'

Your name Haxton ? I've just tried it and works no problem ?
Boomatica
sirens hunter

Return to Projects