What do you prefer?

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

What do you prefer?

Postby _Inerfa » Fri, 16Nov25 10:55

Hi guys,

What do you prefer in a game:

1. First person view vs third person view?
First person makes it easier to change to sex of the player, third person might be a bit more flexible with sex scenes.

2. Minigames during sex scenes vs just click and watch?
A lot of games utilize a mechanic for engaging sex scenes, how do you feel about those?

3. Other game aspects vs plain old sex?
Do you enjoy game mechanics that involve fighting, grinding, stat building, etc, or do you perfer to just focus on story and images?

Thanks a lot for your input!
_Inerfa
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: What do you prefer?

Postby GDS » Fri, 16Nov25 14:13

• 1-Third person, so you can see and interact more,
    if changing the MC sex you will still need to have different sex scenes skin color etc, on both first and third so no point here
  • 2- Both have they ups and down, it depends on how it's made, if it interactive I like mini games, but a lot of game have only click-fest that will make you angry and your hand will hurt from useless clicks/mouse movement
  • 3- most game nowadays have some mechanics at least, or its just a visual novel not a game.
    but if it have too much will be more a A-rated game than a erotic game per-see
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
GDS
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Fri, 16Nov25 14:18

1. This really depends on the situation, for wandering around and such I prefer 1st. But good quality graphics for a sex scene I like 3rd person.
2. I hate minigames, most of the time they are added in just because. They detract from the actual game, only a few occasions do minigames make sense, for example picking locks in Elder Scrolls/Fallout games. Ive not seen a single gimmick that works in a sex game.
3. I like plots within plots within schemes. This means a great plot will win over a fuck fest. I also like RPG aspects in games so stat building, not necessarily fighting. It kind of gives the illusion of personal progression. Mind you that you then have to find a use for those stats. In saying that though if I had to choose between story and additional mechanics then story wins 100% of the time.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby caravaggio » Fri, 16Nov25 18:06

1. I prefer 1st person, but it's not something I really care about
2. I don't like minigames, I prefer scenes like the ones wolfschadowe is doing, so: click somewhere to advance, multiple options, some good and some bad
3. Focus on story, I don't like stats building and grinding
caravaggio
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 16Nov25 19:17

_Inerfa wrote:Hi guys,

What do you prefer in a game:

First person makes it easier to change to sex of the player, third person might be a bit more flexible with sex scenes.

I defiantly prefer first person for general moving about. I actually don't mind first for sex scenes as well but I also see the merit in third person.

_Inerfa wrote:2. Minigames during sex scenes vs just click and watch?
A lot of games utilize a mechanic for engaging sex scenes, how do you feel about those?

I think the mechanic that best suits what is available for the sex scenes should depend on what selections (especially dialogue selections) you made before the start of the sex scene. The sex scene should be the culmination of your previous choices.

_Inerfa wrote:3. Other game aspects vs plain old sex?
Do you enjoy game mechanics that involve fighting, grinding, stat building, etc, or do you perfer to just focus on story and images?

I'd actually like to see resource management become a common game mechanic. I think it can replace statistic building, where you have a limited amount of resources to spend on statistics instead of just trying to grind all your statistics to maximum. That way you have to make decisions on which statistics you value over others.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby _Inerfa » Fri, 16Nov25 23:56

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is highly appreciated!
I like your idea of resource management TheGreatJoeGargergy!

For me the challenge is also in finding the balance between a sandbox game, where you "can do anything" but with more generic events and making a linear story with several good and bad endings.

I'm trying to achieve a bit of a mix of the where you have a several semi-linear story lines with a semi-sandbox environment, if that even makes sense ;)

Keep them coming!
_Inerfa
great white shark

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Nov26 01:22

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I'd actually like to see resource management become a common game mechanic. I think it can replace statistic building, where you have a limited amount of resources to spend on statistics instead of just trying to grind all your statistics to maximum. That way you have to make decisions on which statistics you value over others.

I do have this as part of my plans in a series of games (3-4 parts), not the first part but second where its got a survival aspect to it. The first does have statistics where you create your character at the start with a finite amount of resources, these do not improve after you start. But there are also skills that are trainable, there will be tasks that require certain scores to accomplish that will take into account base attributes and appropriate skill. ie just been programming in a Cooking task, I have Agility and luck as attributes affecting it and a trainable cooking skill. Combine them all up to get a result as to how well you cook.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 16Nov26 13:36

wildride wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I'd actually like to see resource management become a common game mechanic. I think it can replace statistic building, where you have a limited amount of resources to spend on statistics instead of just trying to grind all your statistics to maximum. That way you have to make decisions on which statistics you value over others.

I do have this as part of my plans in a series of games (3-4 parts), not the first part but second where its got a survival aspect to it. The first does have statistics where you create your character at the start with a finite amount of resources, these do not improve after you start. But there are also skills that are trainable, there will be tasks that require certain scores to accomplish that will take into account base attributes and appropriate skill. ie just been programming in a Cooking task, I have Agility and luck as attributes affecting it and a trainable cooking skill. Combine them all up to get a result as to how well you cook.

For a survival game this sounds like a good idea as long as there is a similar limit to the skills as there are to the attributes. Your starting statistics could become meaningless if you can just keep increasing your skills without limit. One way to do this is to make leveling skills increasingly more difficult. If you get a skill point in the game you can spend a single point to buy the first level in a skill. To get to the second level you may have to spend two skill points, then three points to get to the third level and so on and so forth. It takes away a hard limit but makes it increasingly less practical to keep increasing a skill after a certain point, depending on the availability of skill points in the game.
Last edited by TheGreatJoeGargery on Sat, 16Nov26 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 16Nov26 13:38

_Inerfa wrote:Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is highly appreciated!

For me the challenge is also in finding the balance between a sandbox game, where you "can do anything" but with more generic events and making a linear story with several good and bad endings.

I'm trying to achieve a bit of a mix of the where you have a several semi-linear story lines with a semi-sandbox environment, if that even makes sense ;)

Keep them coming!

That makes perfect sense. I'd defiantly like to play that game.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Nov26 20:23

_Inerfa wrote:Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is highly appreciated!

Keep them coming!

Yep understand that as its what Im going for, though Im doing it in rags so not going to have the same mechanics (yours is sounding more like a 3d engine?) Its rare to find a good game that lands on this middle ground, they are either too linear or too sandbox so you never really find a plot to follow. I feel you gotta give the freedom to do what you want but provide occasional prodding towards plot events.

Basically I think if you design a game you wish someone else would have made for you as a player then you are likely going to strike gold.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby _Inerfa » Mon, 16Nov28 14:55

Thanks for the feedback guys!

And I totally agree with you wildride, I guess not everone has the same preferences as myself, so it nevers hurts to ask ;)
I am using Unity(2D) for development, the game (so far) consists of several girls and areas, each with their own storyline and events, but some of them will intertwine.
Besides that there will be a common theme/game mechanic that affects all girls and areas.

Good luck on your RAGS game!
_Inerfa
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Wed, 16Nov30 07:25

_Inerfa wrote:A lot of games utilize a mechanic for engaging sex scenes, how do you feel about those?

To further elaborate on this point, what I'd like to see is less of the pixel hunting or click your mouse a certain speed and more of an expansion of what you can select during the sex scene based on how well you did in the game. For example, if during the game you accumulate points then in the final sex scene you can spend those points on certain sex acts. When you run out of points, you cum (possibly prematurely, to your date's disappointment, if you didn't get enough points in the game). At the same time, you still have to engage in foreplay to excite the girl enough prior to engaging in sex, however certain decisions in the game may have the girl enter the final sex scene in a higher state of arousal reducing the need to spend points on the foreplay. So you could play the game a certain way where you excite the girl during the game which would give you an intense and passionate sex scene with little foreplay or if you want to be more of a romantic you would need to get enough points for the foreplay needed to work your way to the more intense sexual actions (however a romantic play through may also have more available points).

In this system, being the "bad boy rebel" that gets the girl's heart pumping is more of a high risk, high reward play style where you better be sure to get enough points during the game since you have less opportunities to gain points so you need to make sure to grab all the points you can to do what you want to do, while the nice guy romantic play style may offer an embarrassment of riches for points if you play it right which may be an easier mode of play, but at the same time you have to have enough points to work through the foreplay, then through the more vanilla sex acts, then on to the more intense sex acts. There may be some sexual options only available through certain play styles. Of course your goal is to make your partner cum, so you need to make sure you have enough points to do that before you cum yourself (and if you play it right you may be able to make your partner cum multiple times before you do). If you have girls preferring different sexual acts or even acts that need to be performed in a certain combination then you can add a bit of strategy into the final sex scene. Perhaps if you get the acts or combos of acts that the girl prefers right you get a refund of some points you can spend on other activities you prefer during sex. You may even be able to change the girl's preferences during the game by dialogue choices that may get her curious about trying certain things.

Also what I would like to see in sex scenes is the option to have the girl in various stages of undress. I really liked this feature in Working Man by Ice. You can choose leave some clothes on the girl during sex if you wanted to. It would be a much harder thing to do in other games, especially if you have animated sex scenes, but games are starting to get larger and larger so it may be something that could be manageable in the future.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby _Inerfa » Wed, 16Nov30 16:49

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:
To further elaborate on this point...

Thanks for the elaboration Joe, I like how you think and definately try to do the same when developing (regular) games.
One thing I do have to be careful of, is not setting unrealistic standards, because I tend to think of really cool, but complex game mechanics, that just convolute the gameplay.

For now I think I have found a nice balance and will begin with developing an early-ish demo to get a feel what people think about it and try to use player feedback (like yours) to perfect it!
_Inerfa
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Thu, 16Dec01 05:46

_Inerfa wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:
To further elaborate on this point...

Thanks for the elaboration Joe, I like how you think and definately try to do the same when developing (regular) games.
One thing I do have to be careful of, is not setting unrealistic standards, because I tend to think of really cool, but complex game mechanics, that just convolute the gameplay.

For now I think I have found a nice balance and will begin with developing an early-ish demo to get a feel what people think about it and try to use player feedback (like yours) to perfect it!

Awesome. I can't wait to play the game.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Sid Valentine » Sat, 17Feb25 23:47

I think it depends on the game. If the main character is supposed to be 'you' and offers a lot of choices then I think first person view fits better. If the MC is more of a established character with his/her own personality that's mostly set in stone then I think third person view is the better fit.

2. Minigames during sex scenes vs just click and watch?

I lean mostly towards 'click and watch'. Most minigames during sex scenes boils down to just clicking something a million times, which is never fun.

3. Other game aspects vs plain old sex?

Other aspects. I think the more you build up a sex scene the better it is. Having to, say, build up a relationship with a character first makes the sex scene feel more rewarding.
Sid Valentine
great white shark

Next

Return to Projects