Crush on Candy: Web and Mobile Game Update Dec 3rd

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Crush on Candy: Web and Mobile Game Update Dec 3rd

Postby jilliangates77 » Mon, 16Nov21 05:04

Hi all!

I've been slowly trying to learn how to make something that works well in a mobile browser and in the desktop. Well, this works in MacOS Firefox and Chrome (Not safari) and PC Firefox, Chrome, as well as iOS iPhone 6 / iPad. Other devices and browsers not tested so I would appreciate your feedback on this.

What's the game?
Crush on Candy
Play online here - http://www.jillgateswriter.com/crushoncandy/

A one night stand you, the lucky male protagonist, has met recently via a dating app. She invites you to her place and if you play your cards right, she may invite you to explore all sorts of possibilities! If not, well, just start over. It's a pretty short game.

What's new as of Dec 3rd?
* +1 animation
* tons more dialogue and text
* multiple endings, a love meter to show progress and a few other small things.
Last edited by jilliangates77 on Sun, 16Dec04 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
jilliangates77
great white shark

sex: Female

Re: Crush on Candy: Web and Mobile Game Beta Test

Postby TeddyBonkers » Mon, 16Nov21 07:42

Wow! Great graphics. You weren't lying that is is short, but the ending is not bad. Just a few critiques:

-The choice menus are very light against the background and get washed out. Maybe darken them or add some color.
-There were white screens between transitions, not sure if those were intended or not but kind of paused progression.
-The cum was too thick and white, looked like glue.

Other than those I'd say you have a lot of potential! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future!

Played on PC- Chrome
TeddyBonkers
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 16Nov21 21:12

I have not play the game all the way through yet but It is good to see a new HTML engine being used, although the constant parallax (movement of foreground and background images) effect that occurs whenever you move the mouse cursor on a PC becomes a bit disconcerting/annoying after a while.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby caric » Mon, 16Nov21 23:39

Wow, great graphics, i think you gave very good use to Iray engine, yes it's short game but shows great potential, looking forward to see more stuff like this!

Windows-Chrome

only downsides, the scrolling background is annoying and the white screens, the rest is fine.
caric
sirens hunter

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 16Nov22 06:29

I found out how to change the parallax / scrolling effect - now, on my iPhone, the images never reveal the white background. On desktop, it's improved as well.

The menus are also improved, better color for the text and on hover states. This isn't my framework, btw, something I got off of Sourceforge called Vn-canvas (which, in turn, uses other libraries noted in the code...turtles all the way down, as it were).

Really appreciate the comments! I probably won't change the ending images as I'm not there yet (lol) in skill, as it's a product I purchased via Renderotica to make the 'finish'.

Thanks again, if there aren't any other major issues, I think I'm going to call it final :)
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby jilliangates77 » Wed, 16Nov23 04:19

Okay, I changed some settings in the product I used for the ahem, finishing render.

Candy, with facial test, here - with spoiler tags in case I use this image, or it gives away too much:
Option 2:
http://imgur.com/TUbnT12
Option 3:
http://imgur.com/a/1Li3S

A few things:
Yes, I realize the quantity is probably too much.
Yes, I've seen adult films and played many games, no, it doesn't really look like that IRL.
This is *art* that imitates life. I'm after a solid representation that people *feel* represents life, even if it's exaggerated or too photoshop'd / after all, it's art. :)

For those that have played and or don't mind a spoiler, does that look better?
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Nov23 07:00

Hey Jill,

It works in Windows Edge, but the background (outside of the picture) is white (not sure if that's intended) and the screen goes white for a second before it loads an animation. Other than that, it seems to work fine.

I'm personally not a fan of the parallax scrolling or the text writing out like a typewriter, but those are style things.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby jilliangates77 » Wed, 16Nov23 20:41

Agreed on the typewriter and parallax; something I'd like to figure out how to change with the framework I'm using.

I've added new finishing renders which look much more realistic and don't look like white paint ;) I did try the 'preload' function which was in the framework but it doesn't seem to have had an impact on Firefox / Chrome on Mac (still can't get it to work on Safari on Mac, even though it's fine on iPad / iPhone).

Appreciate all the feedback. Now I'm off for a roadtrip and holiday :)
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby WhiteFireDaemon » Wed, 16Nov23 21:02

I tried it but all I get is a white background most of the time. The pictures flash for a split second after choices but mostly it's just text.
WhiteFireDaemon
sirens hunter

Postby HeyChief » Thu, 16Nov24 04:58

In my opinion the second render in the test pic look much better. How did you make it?
HeyChief
lagoon predator

Postby jilliangates77 » Thu, 16Nov24 07:52

Whitefiredaemon;

I'm sorry to read that you were getting only white screens after the menus. After trying to recreate this issue, I can't seem to figure out what's causing it (as I can't see it).

So far, here are the browsers and OS versions that have been tested on multiple computers and are known to work:
Macbook Pro, El Capitan, Chrome, Firefox OK; Safari will have issues with animation.
Windows Desktop PC, Windows 10 OS, Edge Browser, Firefox, Chrome = Work as intended.
iPhone 6, Safari, Firefox, Chrome = works as intended, same as Windows Desktop.
iPad Pro Safari, Chrome = works as intended.

Sigh; if I knew what browser, OS, hardware you were using, I could try to debug and fix perhaps. However...with only Safari on my macbook pro not working, it's damn difficult to figure out where the issue might be.

From your post, my gut says you are trying Safari, in private mode (dark background in browser) on an iOS device, as that will give a white screen with basically zero functionality.

Heychief (lol);

Test render in 2nd pic...guessing you meant the "option 3" image that I posted with the spoiler tag above?

That was the same "Overmyface" by Sledgehammer I think on Renderotica; I altered the opacity on the surface in Iray, as well as bumped the glossiness from 97% to 100% (at least from memory, I believe it may have been a percent like 96.67 or something for the default glossiness on the fluid).
jilliangates77
great white shark

Re: Crush on Candy: Web and Mobile Game Update Dec 3rd

Postby jilliangates77 » Sun, 16Dec04 05:28

I updated the start of this thread to reflect that the game has an update I just finished playing through out now. It's the same spot as before:
http://www.jillgateswriter.com/crushoncandy/

What's new?
* Extra dozen+ renders, one new animation
* Lots more dialogue and menus
* A love meter to show relationship progress

A few other things, but, that's the main thrust of it. Still won't work on Safari, MacOS but every other platform has worked fine so far. Let me know if you see any bugs or spelling issues.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby Dolphin-BR » Sun, 16Dec04 09:45

Very good game! Short, but very good!
Played on Win 7 64bit
Firefox and Chrome

Found a typo:
"What don't you have a seat on the couch?" I guess it should be: "Why don't you have a seat on the couch?"
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

Postby jilliangates77 » Sun, 16Dec04 20:11

Typo fixed, thank you for that, great catch.

If you see anything else or want anything particular, I'd be open to make some more changes or adding more things over time. For now, as a simple game, I think it's pretty solid myself (a few people gave me the same kind of feedback on my games so far and I attempted to structure this one to have better game play).

While writing the new content, I was giggling uncontrollably for a few bits. Not sure if others appreciate the sick humor though.

*Added 12/4*

I got advice on how to disable the typewriter effect as well as remove the parallax effect; now it's a lot more similar on both mobile browser & desktop ( as well as resolving the #1 issue I've heard about). Let me know if there are other issues. Thanks!
jilliangates77
great white shark

Return to Projects