Beta Test RfJ in German, Spanish and ... Spanish

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Beta Test RfJ in German, Spanish and ... Spanish

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Nov20 01:17

In the next few days I'm going to upload a new version of Redemption for Jessika. Along with the original English, Italian, and French languages, this version includes two different Spanish translations. Apparently there's enough of a difference between European Spanish and Latin American Spanish that the two translators who worked on this felt that there wasn't a way to reconcile them. So I'm including both.

Also, Shift64 has picked up the German translation from where the previous translators left it. That version is there now. To play in German, click the area to the right of the flags. There's a hit target there, but I haven't put a German flag on the image yet.

If anyone would like to beta test RfJ in either of the Spanish versions or the German one, I'd welcome it.

Edit: File removed because I've released this to the public.

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Thu, 16Dec01 04:39, edited 2 times in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Re: Beta Test RfJ in Spanish and ... Spanish

Postby moskys » Sun, 16Nov20 17:52

Great news. Due to BEW's late delays, I was about to finish my own private copy of RfJ in Spanish (from Spain), but it's always good to have all the work done by other person, so thanks to whoever was responsible for this. It's an insane task, there are a lot of pages... and some of them are quite distracting :D
I've started to test the Sp version and found several typos, though. Also there's some phrasing stuff which is not bad but probably not the most natural way for a Spanish speaker - or maybe it's just that I'd use other expressions, so it's not a big deal, I think. I could try to list all the typos I find during gameplay if you want, but it will take me some time. I could also modify the .js file on my own, but I prefer not to do it without checking it first with the translator
moskys
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Nov20 19:54

Thanks Moskys. The European Spanish translation (text.sp.js) was done by lokoo. If you two want to coordinate and send me an updated file, I'll use it.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby lokoo » Mon, 16Nov21 12:24

Sure Tlaero

We've been talking, and we're going to coordinate to fix some bugs and issues with the translation, and for sure it's going to get better. I also want to thank moskys for offering to do this job. It's not easy, but it must be done to make a good work. You know, it's not easy to find errors and bugs after 2k+ lines, considering that we're not proffesionals...
lokoo
Pilot fish

Re: Beta Test RfJ in German, Spanish and ... Spanish

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Nov23 08:21

I just uploaded a new version of the language beta of RfJ. This has an updated file from Massi for the Latin American Spanish and an updated German version from Shift64. If you want to try the German version, there's a hidden link on the start page to the right of the flags. (I just haven't put the flag on the image yet.)

If anyone wants to make further updates to these files, please grab the ones I just updated. Otherwise the _start page will be wrong when you send it to me.

Also, make sure you're using version 1.8 of AC2. That version has some Localization features in it, including a way to find pages that are missing lines in a language.

Thank you very much to everyone who is working on translations and testing them.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Nov27 19:19

I've uploaded a new version of the beta that has German as a first class citizen (it gets a flag to click on :-).

I think we're about ready to release this. Moskys and Lokoo, you wanted to make a few changes before I make this version the one everyone sees, right?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby moskys » Mon, 16Nov28 13:09

tlaero wrote:I've uploaded a new version of the beta that has German as a first class citizen (it gets a flag to click on :-).

I think we're about ready to release this. Moskys and Lokoo, you wanted to make a few changes before I make this version the one everyone sees, right?

Tlaero

Busy days, sorry. I've just sent my last version to lokoo, so now it's up to him.
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Nov29 04:47

Thanks Moskys and Lokoo. I've got the latest version and added the German link to it. I'll give it another day or two to sit, then will release the new version with the 3 new languages to the public.

Tlaero
tlaero

Return to Projects