Beta test DwE in Spanish and Italian

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Beta test DwE in Spanish and Italian

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Jun08 04:22

(I'm co-opting my own thread since I got the Spanish words I needed. Thanks Moskys and MrGuyBrush.)

I'm about to re-release Dreaming with Elsa with the ability to play in Spanish and Italian. Would anyone like to put it through its paces and make sure everything is okay? Wouldn't hurt to play in English too if anyone would like to do that, since this has been converted to my new game format.

(Link Removed. I've published the game.)

If anything doesn't work, please report it here. When I re-release it, I'll replace the existing file with this one.

Tlaero

Previous thread:
----------------------------------------------------------

I have a relatively small number of words that I need to translate to Spanish. Are there any native speakers of Spanish that can translate the following for me?

Thanks!
Tlaero

Here's what I need translated:
------------------------------

Images in this game can be shown at three different sizes.<br>This is the (Small, Medium, Large) size.<br>This page is the largest in the game, so you can use it to choose the size that works for you.<br>Please choose a size below or click the image to continue.

Extra Saves
Extra Restores

Dreaming with Elsa by Tlaero and Mortze (just need the "by" here).
Click the image to start the game in English.
Start the game in English.
Start the game in Spanish.
Start the game in Italian.

Tlaero and Mortze present

Spanish Translation

You are (sexual, romantic, confusing) with a score of (1).
You've earned (1) out of (12) Achievements.
You needed (1) to continue.

Save
Restore
Menu
Restart
Last edited by tlaero on Wed, 16Jun15 03:13, edited 2 times in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Re: Looking for a Spanish speaker

Postby MrGuybrush95 » Wed, 16Jun08 08:48

Here you go
Imágenes en este juego se pueden ver en tres diferentes tamaños.<br>Este es el (pequeño, mediano, largo) tamaño.<br>Esta página es la más larga en el juego, así que puedes escoger el tamaño que funcione para ti.<br>Por favor escoge un tamaño abajo o presione la imagen para continuar.

Guardar Extras
Restaurar Extras

Dreaming with Elsa (Soñando con Elsa) by Tlaero and Mortze
Presione la imagen para comenzar el juego en inglés.
Comienza el juego en inglés.
Comienza el juego en español.
Comienza el juego en italiano.

Tlaeto y Mortze Presentan

Translación en español

Tu estas (sexual, romántico, confuso) con una puntación de (1).
Has ganado (1) de (12) logros posibles.
Necesitas (1) para continuar.

Guardar
Restaurar
Menú
Reiniciar
MrGuybrush95
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby moskys » Wed, 16Jun08 12:27

Quite good, @MrGuybrush95, but this is how a native Spaniard would write that: ;)

Las imágenes de este juego pueden mostrarse en tres tamaños distintos.<br>Este es el tamaño (Pequeño, Mediano, Grande).<br>Esta página es la más grande del juego, así que puedes usarla para elegir el tamaño que mejor te convenga.<br>Por favor, escoge un tamaño de los de abajo o haz click en la imagen para continuar.

Partidas Guardadas Extra
Partidas Cargadas Extra - not sure what you want to say here, if it's an action (as in 'cick here to restore these extra saves') it should be 'Cargar Partidas Extra'

Dreaming with Elsa, de Tlaero y Mortze. -> "Soñando con Elsa" is the title in Spanish, but I prefer not to change it
Haz click en la imagen para comenzar el juego en inglés.
Empezar el juego en inglés.
Empezar el juego en español.
Empezar el juego en italiano.

Tlaero y Mortze presentan

Traducción al español

Eres (sexual, romántico, desconcertante) con una puntuación de (1).
Has alcanzado (1) de (12) Logros.
Necesitabas (1) para continuar.

Guardar
Cargar
Menú
Volver a empezar
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Thu, 16Jun09 04:01

Thank you both! Since Moskys translated the rest of it, I'll use his version for continuity.

Tlaero
tlaero

Re: Beta test DwE in Spanish and Italian

Postby sirio » Tue, 16Jul26 16:19

I just finished to play DWE in Spanish. Congratulatons, you've done a great work with the translation.

Despite of that, there are a few things I would like to comment:

-The literal translation into Spanish of "daydreaming" is "soñando de día", but it isn't a common expression in Spanish. A more correct translation should be "soñando despierto".

-During the sex scenes, "drive to the edge" is translated as "llevar al borde". Maybe, it should be translated as "llevar a la cima" or, even, "llevar al climax".

-There are a few expressions in which the order of the words in Spanish, maybe, isn't the most appropriate, but nothing too important...

-Finally, the most important mistake I found is the use of infinitive ("continuar, seguir, mirar, morderte, dar,...") instead of imperative ("continúa, sigue, mira, muérdete, da,...).
sirio
Pilot fish

Postby moskys » Wed, 16Jul27 19:23

Gracias Sirio
La verdad es que lo hice por diversión, para consumo propio, hace tiempo, y luego simplemente se lo envié. Tendría que haber revisado más esas expresiones que traduje casi literalmente porque es verdad que algunas no quedan muy naturales, sobre todo en el orden de las palabras. Sobre los verbos prefiero usar siempre el infinitivo, me sale más natural, aunque tal vez el imperativo quede más "erótico" en ciertas escenas. Tomo nota
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby sirio » Thu, 16Jul28 18:03

De nada moskys

Como dije en mi anterior post, me parece que has hecho un magnifico trabajo en la traducción. Además, lo has hecho por amor al arte, lo que, desde luego, tiene que ser valorado. Solamente quería señalar un par de detalles que, a mi juicio, podían ser mejorables.

Con respecto al uso de infinitivo/imperativo, en un principio me resulto extraño, pero después de verlo un par de veces más, me parece que el uso del infinitivo también está bien.

Un saludo y gracias de nuevo por el trabajo que te has tomado en la traducción
sirio
Pilot fish

Postby tlaero » Fri, 16Jul29 01:57

I'm obviously not following this (no hablo espanol), but if in the end you two decide that words should be changed and would like to undertake changing them, please let me know. I'll get you set up with AC2 and show you how to change the text.es.js file.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Aug02 04:41

Moskys sent me an updated Spanish file, and I've uploaded it as part of the official DwE distribution. Thank you for the update!

Tlaero
tlaero

Return to Projects