Superspy Steve: Oct 8th Final Beta Testing

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Superspy Steve: Alpha testing (updated June 12th)

Postby Regardie » Thu, 16Jun16 05:35

Great work so far. Seems there is a hot cop in a miniskirt. Can't wait for that to go somewhere. And it would be nice to not have to beat up Gwen's brother after every visit to her. Nice threesome renders.

Things I noticed in one play through... money seems to go up without my doing anything, it is nice to see the employees pulling their weight. I imagine Jennifer is quite good at her work. After 2 or 3 times, I can no longer up the Love level in the coffee shop, no choice to ask about herself and the bathroom doesn't give any points, I need to go to the movies with her for any more increases. Still not sure what the health meter is telling me as the little pointer seems stuck at the top of the bar for now. Steve has some problems with poke through in his jeans in the theater seats section, I guess his pants got too tight. The answers in the bank still make it seem like she is working in the coffee shop as she says exactly that.

I reached an end message at some point on day ten, I had not paid off the gangsters or the bank, though with the new money coming in, it does seem possible.

Second play I reached an end message in the bank on day 5 after I had deposited money twice and gave the gangsters some too. Also, Gwen will go down even if you left her with zero points after your first meeting.
Regardie
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Superspy Steve: Alpha testing (updated June 12th)

Postby KingsRaiden » Thu, 16Jun16 17:01

I'd reiterate some of the same bugs as others when playing, other than that I liked it. The game has a strong beginning and many ways to go. The renders are good, I got a little confused on Victoria and Vanessa (they looked kind of alike to me) but you have some good stuff to build off of. I would look forward to future work you do here.

The promoting the dealership versus working the floor is nice,and probably a lot you can do there on how your sales go, the more promotion the more customers and more money. Having a hot little intern was nice as well, I hope there is more planned for that. I also thought being fair with the customers was a good option, that might get a bonus to sales and allow you to earn more, but maybe being a jerk has a perk as well - adds to replayability.

Well done.
KingsRaiden
great white shark

Re: Superspy Steve: Alpha testing (updated June 17th)

Postby jilliangates77 » Sat, 16Jun18 04:40

Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

What's new in the latest version?
* All the scenes have unique dialogue that's story driven (rather than placeholder).
* A few animations (4 at least) which were in the files but not part of the flow are now included [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
* A lot of squished bugs related to play-ability and things such as having to figure out how to trigger "end of day" instead of being automatically setup, and a few other issues.

There are still renders (sorry, but, not too sorry) that are part of the package that aren't in the game, but, I'm about 95% of the way there and everything in the current file has been optimized, so this version is 30 mb smaller than the last, even with expanded content.
jilliangates77
great white shark

sex: Female

Re: Superspy Steve: Alpha Testing - Updated July 4th

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 16Jul05 15:15

Two weeks since the last update; what's new in this version?

Bug fixes, as usual.
A half dozen scenes, give or take, that are placeholder for now but give a sense of the story starting on day 7 (the 2nd Monday in game).
Events happen on day 8, 9 and 10 after that move the story along; though you might still get some repetition before the story arc kicks in after day 7.

What are my plans for improving and developing the game further?
I'm glad you asked! (You didn't but I wanted to make sure it was out there).

The goal I set for myself last month was finishing by end of July; that means it could be the game only takes 15 days, rather than longer, to finish the story and what I've got planned for content. However, it could be with the repetition and loops, etc, that it makes sense with the same amount of content to play for 30 days. Any feedback on this appreciated while I start coding and writing for the next week, with less rendering since I have a lot of scenes that aren't included yet and need to add the script for those that are.

Thanks again for all the feedback.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby lagoonfish » Wed, 16Jul13 09:31

Great progress on the game, looking forward to the final version!
(More Chiyo please!)

There's a bug: In the sex scene with Jennifer, while taking her doggy style, if clicking on 'alternate view' the game always freezes.

Also I wonder how to get the threesome with Chiyo and Jennifer?
lagoonfish
great white shark

Postby muttdoggy » Wed, 16Jul13 22:32

lagoonfish wrote:Great progress on the game, looking forward to the final version!
(More Chiyo please!)

There's a bug: In the sex scene with Jennifer, while taking her doggy style, if clicking on 'alternate view' the game always freezes.

If memory serves me right.... After you've been with jennifer and find out she likes threesomes, you should go on a movie date with Chiyo. During the date, there should be a scene where she tells you it's not adventurous enough and you can reply that you know a girl willing to do a threesome.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby KingsRaiden » Thu, 16Jul14 13:51

I like the models and the story has a good start. Playing the recent version I saw the new scenes, though didn't hit the threesome yet.

Overall, story wise, I don't get the idea of the gangsters. Steve is a soldier, and apparently in good shape, as is his buddy. Two guys with guns don't seem like much of a threat. On that side I don't see why Steve is that worried of what is in their pants. [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] There is a lot of potential in the ladies, and while most locations are used the lounge and garden seem underutilized at the moment.

I think you can do much more with the sales of the cars, either get a good reputation or bad depending on how you treat customers.

Other than that, great stuff!
Last edited by KingsRaiden on Sun, 16Jul17 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
KingsRaiden
great white shark

Postby lagoonfish » Fri, 16Jul15 18:14

If memory serves me right.... After you've been with jennifer and find out she likes threesomes, you should go on a movie date with Chiyo. During the date, there should be a scene where she tells you it's not adventurous enough and you can reply that you know a girl willing to do a threesome.

How do I figure out Jennifer loves threesomes, she never tells me... Did I missed something?
lagoonfish
great white shark

Re: Superspy Steve: Alpha Testing - Updated August 1st

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 16Aug02 05:10

About Jennifer and threesome...
Hm, in the previous version, there wasn't a way to find out about Jennifer - the renders may have been there of course ;)

And, about what's new in the game:
I've updated the in game imagemaps to add the menu with the stats, money, health & date / time. I am grateful to the group here for giving so much feedback; this was an idea I read from a few people.

Also every scene in the game should have dialogue and I also fixed a few bugs from the previous build, as well as made some text & scene improvements that may or may not have been in the last version.

Why is the file so huge?

My goal was finishing the entire game last month; due to surgery, which I had planned but failed to take into consideration recovery with my schedule, I've only got what I think are the renders for the full game completed. Those are in the build, but, not in the game even as placeholder...I know, I know. It's a huge, slow file and it's redundant to download now, then again in a few weeks when it's all done.

So, your call if it's worth or not - me, I think the new interface and the half dozen + dialogue scenes add a lot to the story, and flesh out what will be in the next few (or give some ideas). Of course, you can also "peak ahead," if you're curious because there are several endings in the images folder. lol.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Re: Superspy Steve: Alpha Testing - Updated August 1st

Postby Dole » Tue, 16Aug02 09:30

I played it only a few minutes and have a lot of bugs.

Bugs:

I trained and played a little bit and then I start a new Game my fighting skill from the Game before I have now from beginning (tech skill/study is the same).
At the Movie all time came the same I can repeat this all time.
I was with Chiyo and looked the movie and after this I asked Victoria and all time I get Chiyo again (only next day when I go to Victoria and ask her first it is normal).
Aso I say to Chiyo about a threesome with Vanessa and I haven´t meet her in the Game.
And I deposit three times by Chiyo and then I was back at the menu and normal I have 9 days to play (5 days with gangster) why I have reached a end?
Chiyo sex with 0 Love/Interest possible.
In the Game at the moment I see no different if I take the max price or the low price.
I don´t know why I need cooking.
I can´t go to bed before midnight and I have to do some action I have no time to complete them.
At the moment when you have all customer he says maybe you must improve your tech skill at home and at home he tells me I have the max.
Dole
star of the reef

Re: Superspy Steve: Alpha Testing - Updated August 7th

Postby jilliangates77 » Mon, 16Aug08 06:23

Hi Dole-

Not sure about the fighting skill vs when you start over...do you mean it should carry over and it doesn't, or...?

>movie all time
I've fixed this, I believe - check it out if you like.

>chiyo threesome Vanessa
A bit of dialogue snafu - fixed!

>deposit 3 times by Chiyo...

Hm; not 100% sure how to trigger, if you have extra detail, I'd appreciate it.

>chiyo sex with 0 love / interest

Part of this is the shower fantasy; I belive it's also an existing bug which (If so) I haven't fixed yet.

>cooking
It has a purpose now, especially if you get your ass kicked! :)

>customer says..

I still need to work on this issue.

That being said, what's new?
* bug fixes for the above and other things
* a few new scenes
* time change for selling cars that improves game play

There were some map bugs as well that weren't listed but I fixed that were caused by the new RPG / action menu being more ever present. Thanks again for all the feedback!
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby Dole » Mon, 16Aug08 08:40

jilliangates77 wrote:Hi Dole-

Not sure about the fighting skill vs when you start over...do you mean it should carry over and it doesn't, or...?

1) Game fighting skill 100, tech skill 40 after day 10 I go to the menu and beginn a new Game

2) Day 1: fighting skill 100,tech skill:40

Is it more clear?

Only when you quit the Game and beginn a new Game your skills are at 0 !!!

At the moment I can max my skills then go to the menu and beginn a new game and have on day 1 the max skills.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 16Aug09 06:11

Gotcha; sorry about that. I was able to reproduce the bug and have updated the Mega download link in the start of the post. Also it's available via my blog URL with the fix applied.

I've learned from watching and playing the game with my S/O that not everybody has the same habits, so, everybody seems to find bugs that I don't :(

Please let me know if (and when) you see something else with the latest build I uploaded today.

Also going forward, the 8/8 release is going to be the last "full" release with everything. I'm going to make a patch release for people who have already downloaded the 1.6+ gigs which is less than 100 mb. That's for next time.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby KingsRaiden » Tue, 16Aug09 09:34

I've learned from watching and playing the game with my S/O that not everybody has the same habits

This is why you let others play your game, and get their feedback. Which you do very well. Sometimes people look at the story and game different, thinking the path brings them to another area that you do not, and that may show you how the game reacts in ways you don't expect. It's hard to do on your own game,but often you can try when trying the same act over and over, with different characters, or knowing that you should select A that you do B and see what happens. Or even C, if its available.

Will give the new version a try, I do like the story and the renders so it keeps my interest.
KingsRaiden
great white shark

Re: Superspy Steve: Beta Testing - August 22nd

Postby jilliangates77 » Tue, 16Aug23 06:12

Has it been a week already? Time flies when you're spending all weekend polishing, improving and adding to a game that is taking way, way longer than expected.

But on the bright side, there's this:
* unique scenes all the way through day 14 (says day 13 in GUI but, game starts on day 0...)
* One of the locations (lounge) previously had "no in game purpose," and now does after getting to know Jennifer.
* A lot of other bug fixes and improvements from my dev log that aren't worth copying / pasting.

Thank you again for all the help with my game. I know the download is large, but the 'patch' version should work on the previous download from last week so at ~150 ish megabytes, that's a lot easier to get up and running.
jilliangates77
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects