Need a quick test on various browsers and OSes

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Need a quick test on various browsers and OSes

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Mar27 22:16

Operating System (OS)
This is becoming chronic!
The thread author ONLY on page 1, post 1, may include a list of abbreviations/text shortcuts that MAY be used without additional clarification throughout the entire thread (ONLY the thread where it appears).
I don't care whether it's as above or OS (operating system) but be consistent.
Anyone posting to this thread may use the shortcuts listed on page 1, post 1, without any further clarification.
Any abbreviations/text shortcut not appearing on page 1, post 1 must be in one of these formats: CD (compact disc) or What The Fuck (WTF)! This is true at least once, for every post that uses them! Not once per page!!! I would prefer shortcuts NOT be used at all but it seems ingrained in today's dialog. If there is any doubt someone in China, Thailand, or even some old fart might not understand SPELL IT OUT! LRM

I'm experimenting with a change in the way adventure creator makes files and would like to get some testing on various browsers and oses. Test should just take a few mins.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e57ol ... single.zip

Download the above, unzip it, and run Start.htm. There are instructions on the pages. Please try them and tell me how it works for you.

I've tested this on Win 10 Edge, IE, FireFox, and Chrome.

I'm chasing a race condition on Edge that I'm not seeing on the other browsers. If you click the "dialog" buttons quickly on edge it can make you unable to move forward. If that happens to you, hit the browser refresh button and it'll repair itself. Please also let me know if you have any problems.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Re: Need a quick test on various browsers and oses

Postby Dainyl » Sun, 16Mar27 23:19

Tested on Chrome Version 51.0.2687.0 dev-m (64-bit) without problems. In fact, I've had issues in previous Adventure Creator games with the edges of the dialog buttons changing my cursor as if they were links but not actually doing anything unless I hit the text, but I didn't see that here.

Edit - Forgot to list my OS. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Dainyl
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Need a quick test on various browsers and OSes

Postby ElKo » Mon, 16Mar28 13:21

No problems with Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) and Firefox 45.0.1 .
ElKo
Pilot fish

Postby karrek » Mon, 16Mar28 13:57

Worked fine on Windows 10 Home on Chrome and Firefox.
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Mon, 16Mar28 14:12

Seems to be working in Firefox 45.0 under Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf)

I'm not using any other browsers at the moment -- I kicked Chrome into touch after installing it to check something out and finding it was trying to rule the roost when I set Firefox as default, quite apart from it being an unashamed resource hog. I'm aiming to try Chromium sometime on this computer since it's not in hock to Google/Alphabet, and I'll try repeating this exercise with that if I remember
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Spooky » Mon, 16Mar28 15:27

I use Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 and tested on Firefox 45.0.1 and IE 11.0.9600.18320 (requested blocked content), worked fine
Spooky
great white shark

Postby ttant » Mon, 16Mar28 15:51

If you have some programming skill, you should have a look to http://www.seleniumhq.org/
This migth help you to test webpages on different browser without clicking manually.

I don't knwo if this can be used at the same time as web inspector tools to retrive list of css/js/whatever errors which occurs.

Anyhow, i will do some test using opera 12 and vivaldi.

Edit: All test on win 7 64bit, 1280*1024 using small size.
* Opera12.18 (64bit): Ok, only one css error : touch-action is an unknown property (but who cares for some browser that are more than 2 years old)
* Vivaldi 1.0.430.3 (32bit - based on Chrome/49.0.2623.102): Ok
* Seamonkey 2.40: Ok
* Opera 37.0.2171.0 (32bit - based on Chrome/50.0.2657.0): Ok
ttant
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Mar29 06:12

Thank you, folks.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby muttdoggy » Tue, 16Mar29 08:58

Tested on Chrome 49.0.2623.87 m on laptop (just updated) , Chrome 49.0.2623.110 m on desktop, and Firefox 45.0.1. All worked great. Both computers run windows 10 64. I stay away from Edge and its daddy Internet Explorer. I've got Edge's annoying sister Cortana gagged and bound, as well. :lol:
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby NapoleonSolo » Tue, 16Mar29 19:30

Hi tiaero

Tested on OSX El Capitan using Safari and Firefox, all worked okay.
NapoleonSolo
great white shark

Postby nale » Tue, 16Mar29 20:47

I tested single under Debian - the most used Linux Distro if one include its derivative Ubuntu - with Firefox 44 (Debian renamed Firefox to Iceweasel but hardly changed anything) and Chromium 49, which is a modified Chrome Version. I didn't find any real bugs besides a smaller one in the description :D On page1.htm, if you write "0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, and repeating. " The 0 should be twice as long visible, but it's not.
nale
sirens hunter

Return to Projects