Pervert Action: Legacy demo

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Pervert Action: Legacy demo

Postby tlaero » Mon, 17Jan30 07:34

Hey Shark, just to make sure I understand correctly. You're saying that the post in the lagoon shouldn't have links to Pat.reon, but it's okay if the game itself has a link to Pat.reon, right? (That would seem perfectly reasonable to me.)

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby shark » Mon, 17Jan30 07:48

Right, The game will match the rule
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3730
BBBben should have contacted a moderator before posting. It's sometimes interesting to read the rules...
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Postby athossico » Mon, 17Jan30 07:58

shark wrote:Right, The game will match the rule
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3730
BBBben should have contacted a moderator before posting. It's sometimes interesting to read the rules...

even if you're not placing a post to earn money...
athossico
great white shark

Postby shark » Mon, 17Jan30 08:03

And you have asked for an authorization before posting.
shark
Site Admin

Postby BBBen » Mon, 17Jan30 10:34

I feel like I'm being accused of something quite terrible here, although I'm still working through what it was, exactly.

I'm sorry I didn't contact a moderator, having posted games a number of times before without issue I didn't expect any problems. I did actually read the rule, I think the part that particularly threw me off was this:
Of course, this new rule does not apply to any long time residents who have been involved in the life of the lagoon for many years.

Evidently I don't qualify, although that surprised me. Or perhaps this rule is poorly written and is not supposed to be interpreted that way? I'm not sure.

Since I didn't put an actual patr/eon link on the post (either first or second, apart from the mistake on the image) I take it that the problem was that my website and twitter account had links to that site. Indeed, it would be rather strange if they didn't. I'm not exactly sure of the purpose of the rule; I had thought it was to eliminate the large number of people jumping on the crowdfunding bandwagon to put out incomplete alphas, which is very different to my case.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Mon, 17Jan30 10:56

Rather than continue to get frustrated with this conversation I'll try to clarify the steps as best I understand from the above posts:
1) I need to ask a moderator before posting any games. Is this done through a private message? A thread? Is there anyone in particular it would be best to ask? (I'll just ask for permission right now, if possible.)
2) There should not be any patr/eon links on the post, nor any reference to it, although that's kind of a given.
3) I need to link to a download that doesn't have any connection to patr/eon - this appears to have been the main problem.
4) If Tlaero's correct then it doesn't matter if the game contains a link? (I definitely won't be releasing an alternate version that fails to acknowledge the people who helped me make it, but hopefully that's not an issue.)

I'll be honest, I was just planning to give up, this isn't an efficient use of my time. The thing is that I kind of made the game with this community in mind - I wanted among other things to make a game that would have plenty of things for people to search for or to try and solve, swap tips and hints, etc. It would be a pity to lose that, even in part, so I will try to be accommodating.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Mon, 17Jan30 11:11

I think I was clear enough. If the only problem is "how to contact a moderator" this should be setted easily [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
shark
Site Admin

Postby BBBen » Mon, 17Jan30 11:27

shark wrote:I think I was clear enough. If the only problem is "how to contact a moderator" this should be setted easily [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

I think you should probably remove that bit about the rule not applying to people who have been involved with the community for a long time. As I didn't get a response to anything else I'm going to assume for now that the game is fine as it is and you will allow the post if the links are directly in it - that's inconvenient but not a big deal. I guess I'll also assume I have permission since you stated above it would be fine with those provisos.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Mon, 17Jan30 13:04

New link checked and authorized. Next time, avoid to assume and contact me (or a moderator) before posting.
And if you want to know who are "long time residents who have been involved in the life of the lagoon for many years" look for lady tlaero's posts, for example.
Good luck to the game...
shark
Site Admin

Postby dipsode » Mon, 17Jan30 13:33

Ach, French bureaucratie, Grooooosssseeee malheur !!!! :crazy:
dipsode
sirens hunter

Previous

Return to Projects