Coffee Shop Encounters: Dating Sim Download Screenshot

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Coffee Shop Encounters: Dating Sim Download Screenshot

Postby jilliangates77 » Fri, 16Feb12 16:34

Hi everybody :)

I didn't get much feedback on the kintetic style visual novel, and have been hard at work (with my copious free time outside of work, consulting and life) building up a Ren'py version of the online demo.

This is a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/QqmUGtd

Questions:
* What do you think about the interface? I haven't added any fuctionality for the money (yet) but it's pretty straight forward.
* Are the icons proportional (should they be larger / smaller?)
* Numbers in addition to meters next to the love meter? Or just the bar filling up as you go is fine?

If all goes well, I'll have the demo available to download this weekend. Thank you all in advance.
jilliangates77
great white shark

sex: Female

Re: Coffee Shop Encounters: Dating Sim Download Screenshot

Postby Inthedepths » Fri, 16Feb12 19:34

I like the interface the icons stand out really well
Inthedepths
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Super » Fri, 16Feb12 21:18

Looks good to me. Personally not a fan of what I interpreate as the style of conversation you're going for where you just pick subjects you remember but I am very interested in playing this when it does come out anyway :p
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby redle » Fri, 16Feb12 23:14

Very difficult to answer these questions based solely on a screenshot. Icon/interface sizing is often subject to changing. Does the game allow fullscreen mode or not. Do icons rescale proportionally or not. Things like this change the answers.

As of yet, no idea what gameplay consists of. Judging the interface would be based on wild surmises that may be completely inaccurate. Same with love meter. We don't know how important it is for the player to know the current love value. If the player is waiting for love to reach 50+ points to make a button switch from fail mode to success, then he needs to know the number value. If a player simply needs to know if he made a good choice or a poor choice, he simply needs to know whether love went up, down, or didn't change.

I think the feedback you are looking for will be much easier to supply after you have a demo. Lacking that, you would really need to provide much more of the design you are working from.

I wish you luck in making the game.
redle
star of the reef

Return to Projects