The Boxer H-RPG (Testers wanted)

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

The Boxer H-RPG (Testers wanted)

Postby Mori » Sun, 16Feb07 01:10

Hi everyone after years of playing adult games I recently decided to try my hand at actually creating one. I did programming in university and wanted to get into game development and I'm a perv so thought why not.

I am currently working on my first game called The boxer, the concept so for is pretty simple as I am mainly using it to get to grips with the whole process. You play as Evan an ex boxer who's dreams of becoming a professional boxer was shattered. Moving to a new town you get a job at a local gym as a boxing instructor and begin to realise that something strange is going on. Your goal is to uncover the mystery of the gym.

As I said it is my first game this means so far the gameplay is pretty basic, you can talk to the other staff and clients and do task's for them to improve your relationship. Once you have enough relationship points you get a "reward". You can also train clients to earn more money which will be used in later updates.

Currently there are 3 girls, Victoria the owner of the gym and an ex fitness competitor. Amy one of the personal trainers and Rose the receptionist. Each girl currently has 1 scene and there are 2 voyeur scenes in the game.

Some sample CG
ImageImageImage

Currently I am working on adding the other 3 girls and their first scenes as well as the 2 male characters and more voyeur scenes. I will be adding gift system to improve relationships faster and a shop where you can spend your hard earned money to buy the gifts.

I would really love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions on the game, what people like and don't like as well as any suggestions for improvements.

Edit:
So I spent the last week getting rid of the relationship point system in favor of a story driven game. I am currently looking for testers to look for bugs and other stuff I have missed, if anyone is interested please send me a pm.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out.
Mori
Last edited by Mori on Tue, 16Feb23 20:28, edited 7 times in total.
Mori
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Re: The Boxer H-RPG

Postby ppoopp » Sun, 16Feb07 01:34

It says I need a key or a password to download it. What is it?
ppoopp
sirens hunter

Postby zekek » Sun, 16Feb07 01:41

ppoopp wrote:It says I need a key or a password to download it. What is it?

He didn't post the entire link. All we can do is wait until he fixes it.
zekek
sirens hunter

Postby master110 » Sun, 16Feb07 01:49

Link doesn't work.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby fleet » Sun, 16Feb07 02:18

I haven't downloaded the game yet, but I like your story idea, and the art looks good!
Please do not take this the wrong way. I suggest you get someone to proof-read the game. Someone who has not helped you write or program the story can spot typos, misspelled words and grammatical errors that even the best author can miss.
I've been making visual novels for several years, and I usually have several folks Beta test and proof-read before I make a public release.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Veeral » Sun, 16Feb07 04:26

CG Looks great! Looking forward to updated link.
Veeral
sirens hunter

Postby Mori » Sun, 16Feb07 12:59

Fixed the link. Sorry about that first time using mega to upload stuff.
Mori
sirens hunter

Postby ltpika » Sun, 16Feb07 23:35

There's no direction given on what to do next...really needs a quest log. Also pretty buggy.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby M » Mon, 16Feb08 01:21

Is the combat text supposed to be in Japanese? Also, I had an option to kill time with the TV in the break room but it disappeared after I trained a couple clients. Not sure if it was important or not, since I didn't have time to use it.
M
lagoon predator

Postby Dole » Mon, 16Feb08 04:08

Bugs:

You can walk through a lot of furniture and aso the carpet on the wall at the beginning and walk to the ceiling (on other places aso).

In your menu you have something in Japanese (Status & Save). Aso when you train people.

Text from Rose:

I `ll see if Victoria ... right now i (if) the place is over so you must put in on the next line
she is free. ... (if she is free. ...)

To talk to the people you must stand next them and you can´t talk to them above the desk or table. A lot of Games you can do this.

Text from Victoria:

No problem, so tell me abit ... (a bit)

You can talk to Marcus the next day.

The Quest from Victoria to tidy the stock room don´t work.

You do seem qualified ... here. Seen as we**havnt had (we haven`t) a blank to much and this is slang what you use so I hope it was a mistake

Don´t mention ... (you can have the word "problems" in the first line and not in the second and so on so the text form/text format looks not good)

Text from Evan:

Anything for you rose. (Rose)

Text from ???

When you talk to Amy twice and get the quest all people have the old picture and the text format is aso wrong.

Text from Evan:

What?! no ... (No)

Text from Marcus:

No he did ... up. Alot ... (A lot)

Aso I seen no H scenes I don´t know if I had to play a day 3. The talk is the same from Day 1.
Last edited by Dole on Mon, 16Feb08 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby BeanBean » Mon, 16Feb08 09:29

I find that most games created with RPGmaker have two major problems.

-They are filled with uninteresting combat that require no use of tactics and only gets in the way of the story.

-The rest of the gameplay consists only of fetch-quests.
Read my stuff, play my games, at http://beanbean.neocities.org/index.html
BeanBean
great white shark

Postby Mori » Mon, 16Feb08 11:04

Thanks everyone for pointing out bugs will get to work on fixing them right away.

ltpika wrote:There's no direction given on what to do next...really needs a quest log.

I will look into giving more direction was going for non linear but guess I made it confusing.

M wrote:Also, I had an option to kill time with the TV in the break room but it disappeared after I trained a couple clients. Not sure if it was important or not, since I didn't have time to use it.

The TV is supposed to go off at a certain time, but I changed the time the day ends and forgot to change that.

Dole wrote:Also I seen no H scenes I don´t know if I had to play a day 3. The talk is the same from Day 1.

The voyeur scenes start on day 2 at the end of the day and the scenes with the girls you need to have a high enough relationship with them. I will have to add a relationship counter in to track this. Also I am planning on adding more quest for each girl so its not as repetitive.

BeanBean wrote:I find that most games created with RPGmaker have two major problems.

-They are filled with uninteresting combat that require no use of tactics and only gets in the way of the story.

-The rest of the gameplay consists only of fetch-quests.

Yeah I'm looking into ways of making quests so its not just fetch quest so its not as boring.

As for the Japanese text I really don't know why it's there, the program installed in Japanese and I had to change most of the stuff just didn't have and option for them bits.
Mori
sirens hunter

Postby Dole » Mon, 16Feb08 14:39

Bugs:

You can wear you underwear and come to work.

Victoria:

Text from H scene

... corridoor ... (corridor) and when I see it correct you can put a word from line 2 to line 1 (text form)

Amy

When I see it correct she doesn´t move to the H scene place so it is difficult to see that something special is available.

Sometimes you can make 1-2 fights and on other days 4-5.

I don´t know if it is sometimes when you talk with Rose or the "load" don´t work correct.

Aso the events was on 5-7 day maybe because I use "load"?
Dole
star of the reef

Postby dude92 » Mon, 16Feb08 15:11

Hey,

I'm really enjoying the game but I have an issue. Day 1 seems to be in a loop. After going home 3 times, no dialogues have changed, it's like if the same day repeats its self. I clean up the stock room, get the water bottle and get the box of protein, every day.. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
dude92
great white shark

Postby Dole » Mon, 16Feb08 20:13

dude92 wrote: I clean up the stock room

I don´t know if somebody can do this really I can´t !!! I tried all so if some people can do this and other players not I think you have really a problem to find the solution for it.
Dole
star of the reef

Next

Return to Projects