The 26th Question - Needs testers - CLOSED

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: The 26th Question - Needs testers

Postby master110 » Tue, 16Feb02 17:20

The real problems is your website is way to slow. I have 79 down 20 up. I tried to replay it today and the game is broken after the first day finishes. It takes hours to finish a this short game.
master110
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ElKo » Tue, 16Feb02 17:57

I get an "Internal Server Error" at the end of day 1.
ElKo
Pilot fish

Postby bigchief » Tue, 16Feb02 20:38

likewise
bigchief
great white shark

Postby stevedirt » Tue, 16Feb02 21:12

Thanks everyone for the replies:

As far as the server error, I knew it would max out soon .. so I am changing it to a new server.

The only problem I have with the game is the last day you have two girls without taking them on a date so you just pick one of them. I think it would be better if the final day is a date between the last two , then pick one for marriage.

I did write out a picnic scene with final two girls. I decided to cut it out because I figured by then you probably know who you would want. When I play games I can only take so much reading, then my brain turns off. So I cut the final scene out and make it just one final question.

Is it only possible to have one sexual encounter per day?

Yes, only one scene per day. Also, only each girl once. I thought this would add the replay-ability. I wouldn't want to sit through 56 sexual encounters each time I played.

Are you planning on making a downloadable version? (zip file)

Maybe, it's crossed my mind. I'm not sure if the logic would work .. every value is stored as a secession variable, and I don't know if that works offline. I would have to do some checking.

My second complaint the 6th day (the one with the three dates) is so well written, the next day is a real let down. It just didn't have a satisfying end. Two ways it could be improved- Either cut the last day and have you make your final decision at the end of the previous day from the final three girls. OR keep it the same length have the girl you have a lower score with visit you in the middle of the night to try to convince you to pick her.

I agree with all of this.

The player character looks so bizarre.

My goal was to make him fairly generic looking. My goal was for you to be able to put yourself in his situation.

It's a bit of an overwhelming and dry start to the game.

Agreed. I never liked the intro. Just figured I would throw it all out there to get it out of the way.

Thanks everyone for your help.

- Steve
stevedirt
great white shark

Postby wildride » Wed, 16Feb03 01:03

stevedirt wrote:Yes, only one scene per day. Also, only each girl once. I thought this would add the replay-ability. I wouldn't want to sit through 56 sexual encounters each time I played.

You underestimate our perversion levels obviously.

However I think your over-evaluating replay-ability. I prefer to get most content in a single playthrough, assuming that actions with one path would exclude actions on another. I hate replaying just to complete the scenes in games when the story doesnt change much at all. If you cannot view all content within 12 playthroughs (considering here you have 8 girls) then there's not enough each playthrough, and it gets really boring really quick.

By this your looking at least 7 playthroughs to view 1 girls scenes, and I am thinking 28 to view all the way you have set it up?

Maybe set it up so that each day you can get multiple scenes if you score perfectly for that day plus a minimum score that takes into account the previous days. ie so you cant score 0, 0, 0, perfect. Assuming most points on those 0's was 2 points maybe have the requirement be 3 points (50%) + perfect on the day. (for scenes immediately after a date).

For night, similar criteria but only one.
wildride
lagoon predator

Re: The 26th Question - Needs testers - CLOSED

Postby stevedirt » Wed, 16Feb03 01:51

I need to think out loud for a second.

You underestimate our perversion levels obviously.

Haha. Maybe. I guess a more thoughtful answer would be in writing all of the sexual scenes you kind of run out of stuff to say and they all end up saying the same thing. I wanted to girls to have a personality during sex also, but due to my lack of writing skills I may have given them all the same personality during these scenes. Soooo, watching all the scenes with little break in between would showcase my lack of imagination.

However I think your over-evaluating replay-ability.

The game right now has been completed 2462 times by 282 people. Each player completes the game an average of 8.7 times.

I prefer to get most content in a single playthrough, assuming that actions with one path would exclude actions on another. I hate replaying just to complete the scenes in games when the story doesnt change much at all.

The original plan was to have a database of 100 or so questions, and every time a Q&A scene was loaded, the questions would be random. That turned into a coding nightmare. I can see how asking / answering the same questions would be a pain. In the final cut I will probably shorten every Q&A to three questions like I did on day 6.

If you cannot view all content within 12 playthroughs (considering here you have 8 girls) then there's not enough each playthrough, and it gets really boring really quick.

If my math works out 12 will get all the content if you are perfect. Based on the current average of 8.7 now, I will probably adjust that in the final by allowing a couple of days with multiple scenes.

Thanks Again!
stevedirt
great white shark

Postby Inthedepths » Fri, 16Feb12 20:44

Hey Steve. I'm bummed I missed the test phase. Any ideas on a release date? Looks like a fun game
Inthedepths
sirens hunter

Postby blinki182 » Fri, 16Mar11 10:48

Hello Steve,

is your game finished yet? and where can i play ist?

i've played it in the beta test and it was great!

Thanks for your great work!
blinki182
Pilot fish

Postby zekek » Tue, 16Jul19 08:18

Just popping by to say many of us are still interested in this game and hope it hasn't been abandoned.
zekek
sirens hunter

Postby ppoopp » Tue, 16Jul19 12:15

Especially that it felt close to being finished :)
ppoopp
sirens hunter

Postby ppoopp » Thu, 16Nov10 03:50

Does anyone have any news about this game?
ppoopp
sirens hunter

Previous

Return to Projects