Translating RfJ

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translating RfJ

Postby kexter » Tue, 16Feb16 01:21

Are you sure Marco used AC for the translation? Maybe he started doing it using a text editor then switched to AC at a later point and somehow along the way things got mucked up? A few posts earlier he said something to the effect of not being able to use AC in the beginning and later, after your urging, he took a second look. At least that's how I interpreted the events.
Anyway, from your description it seems that the text is salvageable - a bit of search-and-replace magic should do it. If you haven't already fixed the pages and you don't want to spend too much time on it, I could look into it tomorrow. (If you send me the files.)
@kextercius
kexter

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Feb16 01:48

Thanks, Kexter. Let's get him to a point where he's able to make correct files. Then we'll see what we have to do to fix the existing ones.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Feb16 02:56

I've uploaded a bug fix to AC that dealt with opening images with File->Open Image. It shouldn't affect translators, but if you get a chance, you might want to upgrade to 7.4.1 (or later).

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3678&p=94654#p94654

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Nalogan » Wed, 16Feb17 03:07

Hi, so have now AC 7.4.1 and can still work on my translation.
But the _begin.htm is grey in AC (no text no pic). All the other images works fine and open separate also with Firefox.
Oh, and in 'german directory' isn't the _begin.htm, only in 'english directory'.
The game dosen't starts in translated version, not yet. I hope it's because the translation isn't finish.
Do you think it's all correct?

Greetings Nalogan
Sorry for my English [img]kator/smiley89.gif[/img] i know it's bad
Nalogan
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Feb17 16:52

Begin doesn't have any text, but you should be able to open it and hit save. If you'd like, send me a couple of your files and I'll check them.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Nalogan » Wed, 16Feb17 19:36

Hi, you're mabye right, i should send you my first shot directory. PN me please with an Mail adress where i send it.

Now a query to German speeking People:
Ich glaube es ist überflüssig zu erwähnen das ich das erstemal ein spiel übersetzte welches evl. den weg in die öffentlichkeit findet. ich hab nur einmal SD3 von Goblinboy für mich übersetzt. Anders als damals ist, das ich hierbei merke welch dünner drahtseilakt das ist die 'goldene mitte' zu treffen um nicht zur einen oder anderen seite zu kippen. Das soll bedeuten, wenn meine übersetzung angenommen und öffentlich zugänglich wird, das sie von menschen allen alters gelesen wird.....was dem einen zu soft geschrieben ist, ist dem anderen zu hart und umgekehrt, doch ich denke (oder hoffe zumindest) das ich das recht gut hinbekomme, was allerdings noch zu prüfen ist. Der gedanke daran bremst mich etwas und verzögert die übersetzung ungemein. In der englischen sprache gibt es universal worte und jeder von uns weiß sofot was sie bedeuten, aber jeder hat eine unterschiedliche definition davon doch ich muss dem kind einen namen geben, ein gutes beispiel dafür ist das wort 'cock'......
Nun, ich will hier keinen roman schreiben und so komme ich auf meine eigentliche frage: in RfJ gibt es 3 worte die mir kopfzerbrechen bereiten, es wäre nett wenn jemand was dazu sagen bzw schreiben könnte:
1. Redemption.......ich tendiere zu dem wort 'rettung', was sucht Jessica, erlösung, wiedergutmachung oder liege ich völlig daneben?
2.Achievement......wie sollte ich das am besten bezeichnen, errungenschaften, erfolg oder einfach nur archiv?
3.lewd...........ich persönlich würde 'geil' schreiben habe mich aber erstmal für 'lüstern' entschieden wegen dem "allen alters" ding, was meint ihr?

Tja, man stolpert eben nie über die großen steine, sondern nur über die kleinen, und das sind meine 3 stolpersteine :lol:
Greetings Nalogan
Nalogan
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Thu, 16Feb18 07:49

Okay, we got Marco set up correctly and the tool is working for him now. Everyone else, before you get TOO far into translating, maybe put some files onto Mediafire for me to check.

Also, is there anything I should change in the tool to make your jobs easier? I've been thinking about coloring the localized text dark green in GameView. Would that help or have no real effect?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby john milton » Sat, 16Feb20 00:51

I apologize for the late reply. The italian translation is almost finished, i just need another couple of days to set the last few things and have one last check up.
I've been testing the translated game for a while and i couldn't find any trouble so far. Would you rather having a look at the files now or waiting for me to finish it (max three days)? Anyway, I'm at disposal.

I hadn't got time to think about anything to make the translation easyer, but as things stand it works perfectly.
Coloring the localized text is a great suggestion, i think could be definitely useful in the last phase of the process.

John
john milton
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Feb21 00:28

John, it sounds like you're far enough along that it's fine to wait until you're done.

Does everyone know how to translate _gametext.js?

You have to translate that outside of AC. You'll find a copy in the directory with the rest of your files. Open it in a text editor (notepad is fine) and change the text that's in quotes. For instance, if you see a line like:

Code: Select all
var gtSmall = "Small";

Then change "Small" into "Pequeno" or whatever is appropriate. Leave var gtSmall = and the ; alone.

This file is where the menu controls and the score text come from.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Feb22 01:51

Are any of you using Windows 7? Marco is having a new problem that I completely don't understand. He's seeing hit targets appear from nowhere, and I can't repro it, even when he sends me the files he's using. The only thing I see different between his set up and mine is that I'm on Win10 and he's on Win7. I wouldn't expect that to matter, but I don't have a Win7 box to try it on.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby john milton » Mon, 16Feb22 10:02

I'm sorry, i'm on Win10 too.

John
john milton
lagoon predator

Postby nale » Mon, 16Feb22 23:09

Hi,

first off all i want to state, that i could proofread a German translation.

Nalogan wrote:Nun, ich will hier keinen roman schreiben und so komme ich auf meine eigentliche frage: in RfJ gibt es 3 worte die mir kopfzerbrechen bereiten, es wäre nett wenn jemand was dazu sagen bzw schreiben könnte:
1. Redemption.......ich tendiere zu dem wort 'rettung', was sucht Jessica, erlösung, wiedergutmachung oder liege ich völlig daneben?
2.Achievement......wie sollte ich das am besten bezeichnen, errungenschaften, erfolg oder einfach nur archiv?
3.lewd...........ich persönlich würde 'geil' schreiben habe mich aber erstmal für 'lüstern' entschieden wegen dem "allen alters" ding, was meint ihr?

2. Ich würde tatsächlich entweder Achievement als Begriff lassen - mittlerweile würde ich das aus verschiedenen Spielen fast als Gattungsbegriff akzeptieren - oder mit Errungenschaften übersetzen..
3. Lüstern ist meiner Meinung nach die bessere Übersetzung ;). Zumal die Bezeichnung "geiler Pfad" komisch ist "lüsterner Pfad" schon deutlich aussagekräftiger ;).
1. Meinem Wissensstand nach wird Redemption im englischen mit Bezug zum Seelenheil der betreffenden Person verwendet. Von daher wäre für mich die direkteste Übersetzung "Jessicas Erlösung". Ich würde nicht einmal sagen, dass der Titel impliziert, dass Jessica das sucht, sondern im Rahmen dieses Spieles erreicht.
nale
sirens hunter

Postby Nalogan » Wed, 16Feb24 01:53

I'm useing Win 7, but you can read my images and they were all right, so it can't porblems between windows7/10......

@nale: It would be great when you proofread the tranlation.........das was ich bisher übersetzt habe ist noch die grobfassung, also ist noch nicht überarbeitet. In den letzten paar tagen ist die übersetztung leider ins stocken geraten, daher bin ich nicht soweit wie ich es gern wäre....was ich jetzt machen könnte ist, das was ich schon habe, zu überarbeiten und es dann hochladen und eine pm an dich schicken, so kann ich weiter übersetzten und du in ruhe prüfen was ich da angestellt habe :lol: . Das kann allerdings ein paar tage dauern bis ich mich melde, da es nicht gerade wenig arbeit ist [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]. oh und du brauchst auf jedenfall AC, da sich das spiel noch nicht mit der deutschen überseztung starten lässt bzw die reihenfolge nicht stimmen würde im spiel, aber das kann man ja noch klären. Es finde echt klasse wenn du die überseztung prüfen würdest und bedanke mich schonmal im vorraus dafür [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Greetings Nalogan
Nalogan
great white shark

Postby nale » Thu, 16Feb25 22:58

Nalogan wrote: @nale: It would be great when you proofread the tranlation.........

I already tried yesterday to send you a massage, but it looks that i don't have the rights jet (assumably also the 6 Posts threshold). So i'm telling you here, that i would like to look in your working draft as you suggest ;) and i'm waiting for your pm.

Greetings,
Nale
nale
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Feb29 01:28

Hey, John and Nalogan. Could you send me what you have so far in your translations? I know you're still working on them and I'm not rushing you. Take your time. But I'd like to work through some of the mechanics of having multiple languages, and it'll be easier to do if I have your current set of files.

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to Projects