Almost finished but needs help

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Almost finished but needs help

Postby GDS » Sun, 16Jan17 22:02

Hey guys, I just finishes my fist adult game,

It has a lot of flaws and is really short and stuff(about 14 sex scenes 6 sex animations=really simple animation= and 8 ends + 2 bad ends )

I’m just running thought out all the routes checking for Typos ( OMG, the typos, there are so many of then), fixing inconsistencies, and/or small bugs

But now I’m in doubt how to delivery it , it’s free of course, but I Do need a blog of some kind,
To put the download links and a call it place to go in case of someone wanting to help with bugs more typos(please no more typos!!), and new projects, etc.
I was thinking about blogspot or tumblr is it any good?
Do anyone have a better idea?
Even thought I not a feminazi, ( not even female) the tumblr looks a good place to put it

An the sharing due to some mistakes the file is big, even if it is a small game, so What host won’t delete my files in 2 days? Mega? Zippshare? I need a free one of course.

ART:

Click on the text to go on, or hover mouse on left to open menu:
(and just found another Typo on this screen, great)

Menu opened in the left, options to choose on the middle:

Any opinions/ideia are welcome now,
since I just need to finish looking the the Devil Typos and replay the game with most combinations that my patience allows
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
GDS
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: Almost finished but needs help

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 16Jan17 22:17

mega, mediafire, zippy never used myself. They all seem good. But about that blog and you mentioning yourself at the bottom of the post for the spelling on the game
Any opinions/ideia are welcome now,
since I just need to finish looking the the Devil Typos and replay the game with most combinations that my patience allows

Are you sure you want to hold a blog? A blog means activity on there and without any spelling grammar mistakes, so you do not scare players off. And while i am not an authority on spelling and grammar , your entire post is filled with them. (typos mostly translate into non-English speakers not being able to correctly translate with google translate etc.)
Last edited by Skelaturi on Sun, 16Jan17 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Mortze » Sun, 16Jan17 22:18

That depends on how you want to distribute the game.

If you want to just give it to people, in a downloadable version, just find a file host like Dropbox or Mediafire and then share the link with the players.

If you want to allow players to play a free version but don't want to give a downloadable version to them you need a site for that, either yours or someone else's.

I don't know what's tumblR and blogspot policy on adult content. You gotta check that out.

If you want help with typos provide the files to some people you trust to test the game. I sure know I could have used that help [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 16Jan17 22:20

Mortze wrote: I sure know I could have used that help [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

Your game is technically not even finished so people should not bug you on that ^^.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby redle » Mon, 16Jan18 05:02

Your own website or blog is by no means necessary. People can find, play, and give feedback all through a forum like this one at least as easily. Not only that, but a forum like this has much more going on than just a single game, so there are updates and reasons to visit such a forum frequently. People stop in and see what is new and will notice if any thread of yours has new activity. If you start your own blog, unless you have a lot of useful comments to make on quite a regular basis, people will stop visiting.

I'm not trying to discourage you. If you want your own blog, by all means make one. The point is, make a blog if you have a lot that you feel you need to say and want to constantly update it. Don't make a blog because you feel like it is how things are done.
redle
star of the reef

Postby shark101 » Mon, 16Jan18 05:51

The images of your first game look very good. Congrats on your new project!

I think that I don't speak alone when I say that it is normal, when one undertakes to create a game from scratch, for mistakes like typos to be present. That's what forums like these are for, feedback from fellow gamers and people who have similar interests and can appreciate art. You can easily find someone on this forum to read through and spellcheck your game, without having to pay for a service like that. Just be careful of people wanting access to your game posing as willing to help. There may not be many but they are out there.

Anyway good luck on your first game, I'm sure that it will be a hit...

P.S. The text that is displayed on the sample images seems a little thin. No offense implied of course, you may want to broaden the text with richer and a more meaningful story line...

Keep up the good work !
shark101
sirens hunter

Postby GDS » Mon, 16Jan18 18:49

shark101 wrote:
P.S. The text that is displayed on the sample images seems a little thin. No offense implied of course, you may want to broaden the text with richer and a more meaningful story line...

Keep up the good work !

Thanks for the feed back dude,

The blue one is a sex scene, so I tried to keep the talking small on those.

the black one is a "click to choose" option, on those I can put a maximum of 2 lines,

Actually the game is a little text have and the first half.
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
GDS
lagoon predator

Return to Projects