House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: House Party Alpha (Updated 12/23/15)

Postby mistacorn » Thu, 15Dec24 16:39

Issho wrote:Just wanted to say, that your game looks promising. 3d Games on this sector are the future! (look at Lop and even Chaotic is playing a bit with that). Especially after the possiblity to purchase Unreal and Unity for free. I wanted to ask you, if your Sex-Scenes will be a kind of a reward when you succeded with the girls? I haven´ t seen it often until now, but I think Chaotic did this in some of his games (Rachel Part 3) and even Tlaero, to interact in the Sex-Scenes, meaning that you can be a very talented guy or such a loser in the bed for the girl! would be cool to see such an idea more often! :)

Thank you! I agree. I've been itching to write a game for a while, and I chose this genre not only because I enjoy it, but also because of the lack of full on 3D games in it. I don't intend for the sex scenes to be only a reward. I do want some kind of interaction as well. I want to play around with inverse kinematics and see what I can do in terms of actually making the girls be able to reach out and touch you in particular areas or kissing, etc.. That may or may not pan out, but there are a lot of different ways to approach it even if it doesn't. I do think I need to change that part of the game though from the open world type of format to something a little more cinematic. I am listening to all of your input though, and ideas are welcome!
mistacorn
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ltpika » Fri, 15Dec25 09:16

I don't think the key is loading for me. Where is it supposed to be?
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 15Dec25 13:48

ltpika wrote:I don't think the key is loading for me. Where is it supposed to be?

Look around in the room Patrick starts in.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby EvilChef » Sun, 15Dec27 23:00

Forgive me here as i have basically no knowledge about programming.
But is there any way to add a slightly more intelligent pathfinding for the npc's without overly complicate your code?
The reason i ask is, well they kinda behave like blind mice in a maze for me atleast.

Apart from that issue, i find the game very promising and interresting.
EvilChef
sirens hunter

Postby mistacorn » Mon, 15Dec28 00:31

EvilChef wrote:Forgive me here as i have basically no knowledge about programming.
But is there any way to add a slightly more intelligent pathfinding for the npc's without overly complicate your code?
The reason i ask is, well they kinda behave like blind mice in a maze for me atleast.

I'm actually working on that right as I'm writing this. On a more technical level, if anybody is interested, I have a Character Engine that I am creating alongside this game that I will be able to use in future projects. My goal is to be able to slap these characters into another house in another project and they should be able to find their way around reliably. That's the only reason the path-finding is a little awkward at the moment. It's not using traditional methods. The characters are actually deciding where to go and which way to move to get there in real time based on where their target is and the layout of the house. In this new version, I am adding a door map that the characters can assess, so they can make decisions like "I'm in the living room, and my target is in the bathroom, but the kitchen and bedroom are connected between, so I should first move toward the kitchen door, and then the bedroom door, and finally the bathroom door before I walk to my target".

TLDR; Next version. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby EvilChef » Mon, 15Dec28 04:48

mistacorn wrote:
EvilChef wrote:Forgive me here as i have basically no knowledge about programming.

I'm actually working on that right as I'm writing this. On a more technical level, if anybody is interested, I have a Character Engine that I am creating alongside this game that I will be able to use in future projects. My goal is to be able to slap these characters into another house in another project and they should be able to find their way around reliably. That's the only reason the path-finding is a little awkward at the moment. It's not using traditional methods. The characters are actually deciding where to go and which way to move to get there in real time based on where their target is and the layout of the house. In this new version, I am adding a door map that the characters can assess, so they can make decisions like "I'm in the living room, and my target is in the bathroom, but the kitchen and bedroom are connected between, so I should first move toward the kitchen door, and then the bedroom door, and finally the bathroom door before I walk to my target".

TLDR; Next version. :)

Ah, well that explains a lot.
Another question. NPC character expressions. Are they tied to when you as the pc speaks to them, or will they be completely dynamic?
Let me clarify. Will they react to each others and/or the enviroment aswell?
EvilChef
sirens hunter

Postby mistacorn » Mon, 15Dec28 13:45

EvilChef wrote:Ah, well that explains a lot.
Another question. NPC character expressions. Are they tied to when you as the pc speaks to them, or will they be completely dynamic?
Let me clarify. Will they react to each others and/or the enviroment aswell?

The Engine works off of a state and event driven system, so when a character is walking forward, they are in the "MovingForward" state, and when you see the characters' expressions change, it's because of an event firing off in response to something making the character angry/sad/happy/etc.. So to answer your question, yes, those events can fire in response to anything at all. The characters already do things like; when a new character enters their room, they will turn their heads and look at them for a couple of seconds. This happens when any character enters, not just the player. I plan to add more of this to try to create some immersive behavior.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Thu, 16Jan07 17:31

Hey guys! I’m happy to announce that House Party has a new version! This new build is primarily a heavy revamp on the core engine containing enhancements to gameplay mechanics including the much talked about path-finding system. I’ve fixed a ton of core issues based on a lot of user feedback, and I’ve enhanced the way the game works and feels based on what you all have suggested. There isn’t a whole lot of new content in terms of storylines, but there is actually a lot more to do because of a new system that I implemented, and there is some new eye candy for those of you interested in that. Without further ado, here’s the change log:

Fixed an issue where Stephanie gets glitched.
Fixed some issues where dialogues were closing and never re-opening.
Heavily enhanced path-finding logic.
Added a new menu for interaction.
Sparkles! Added a sparkling particle effect around items you can interact with.
Changed “look around” to right mouse control to facilitate new menu.
Created inventory GUI.
Created easy access icons to game menu and inventory.
Added a new “Inspect” aspect to the game. You can now inspect many objects around the house.
Fixed a bug where Brittney follows you around everywhere.
Enhanced eye and head movement. Characters are now more engaging.
Enhanced combat code
Removed Unity splash screen (I’m pro baby!)

This is an exciting update because the game play is getting to the point where it’s very solid, and this leaves me a lot more time to work on the story! Save feature is still missing, but it’s coming soon.

Here's the link: http://games.eekllc.com
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Re: House Party Alpha (Updated 1/7/16)

Postby EvilChef » Thu, 16Jan07 20:07

Whatever you did to the pathfinding, it worked great.
Now im just waiting to see what you have in store for us in regards to the story.
By the way, im hoping there will be an alternative to shaming Katherine. Kinda like her character model.

Any chance you have a redhead planned? (My personal kink [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] )
EvilChef
sirens hunter

Postby mistacorn » Thu, 16Jan07 20:11

EvilChef wrote:Whatever you did to the pathfinding, it worked great.
Now im just waiting to see what you have in store for us in regards to the story.
By the way, im hoping there will be an alternative to shaming Katherine. Kinda like her character model.

Any chance you have a redhead planned? (My personal kink [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] )

Thanks!

What do you mean by "an alternative to shaming Katherine"? Could you elaborate more?

I am already at work with new story now that I've got a lot of the gameplay updates out of the way. I have an idea for a new character. I don't see any reason she can't be a redhead. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby EvilChef » Fri, 16Jan08 10:54

mistacorn wrote:
EvilChef wrote:Whatever you did to the pathfinding, it worked great.

Thanks!

What do you mean by "an alternative to shaming Katherine"? Could you elaborate more?

I am already at work with new story now that I've got a lot of the gameplay updates out of the way. I have an idea for a new character. I don't see any reason she can't be a redhead. :)

Guess i was a bit more tired then i thought when i posted. The npc i was thinking of was Madison. Dunno why i wrote Katherine.
EvilChef
sirens hunter

Postby ptmg30 » Fri, 16Jan08 14:29

enhanced combat controls, but what are they to begin with?
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 16Jan08 15:26

ptmg30 wrote:enhanced combat controls, but what are they to begin with?

Enhanced combat *code*. Just pulling some of the bugs out of the combat when Patrick and Frank fight. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby nezumi69 » Sat, 16Jan09 18:05

The characters can still occasionally get hung up a bit moving from room to room, especially Patrick (I think he has an alcohol-induced phobia of doorways.) However, character pathfinding is significantly better than it was.
Also, after Stephanie 'danced' her way into the kitchen on one playthrough, I could no longer talk to her or Katherine. When I walked Patrick into the room with Katherine, she eventually went back to giving me dialogue (I won't get naked unless you clear the room!), but Stephanie was a lost cause. Don't know if it matters, but that was the 4th or 5th playthrough after clicking restart game from the in-game menu.

BTW, I believe that if I could open the curtains in the bathroom, I'd see some pervert trying to peek into the house. Am I the only one? :lol:
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 16Jan09 18:30

nezumi69 wrote:The characters can still occasionally get hung up a bit moving from room to room, especially Patrick (I think he has an alcohol-induced phobia of doorways.) However, character pathfinding is significantly better than it was.
Also, after Stephanie 'danced' her way into the kitchen on one playthrough, I could no longer talk to her or Katherine. When I walked Patrick into the room with Katherine, she eventually went back to giving me dialogue (I won't get naked unless you clear the room!), but Stephanie was a lost cause. Don't know if it matters, but that was the 4th or 5th playthrough after clicking restart game from the in-game menu.

BTW, I believe that if I could open the curtains in the bathroom, I'd see some pervert trying to peek into the house. Am I the only one? :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware of the Stephanie leaving the room issue. I believe it's due to a bug in the code telling her to go back into the living room if she happens to stray into the kitchen. You can get rid of Stephanie and make Katherine happy, but it doesn't necessarily involve getting her out of the room.

The reason Patrick's a little weird with the pathfinding is because his animation is actually driving his movement, so that drunk walk doesn't exactly allow him to walk in a straight line. You'll notice the other characters make a b-line for where they're headed. I'm ok with this though because Patrick is supposed to be drunk, so I don't think it detracts from the game much watching him stumble around trying to figure out his way.

Haha.. maybe I will put somebody out there. That would be kind of funny. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Projects