House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: House Party Alpha (Updated 12/3/15)

Postby master110 » Sat, 15Dec19 14:40

sylakone2 wrote:
master110 wrote:
sylakone2 wrote:
mistacorn wrote:
sylakone2 wrote:Hi Mista

I finally got a chance to play version 0.3 unfortuantley it crashed me as well like the 0.2 did.
I can't work it out.

Anyway I thought I would let you know.

The only errors I could find in event viewer around the time fo the crash are
Event ID 513 CAPI2 and event id 10016 DistributedCom.
Could not find anything in the output log.

Cheers

Sy

Update everything you can on windows update. Out dated drivers i expect.

@OP i got a new laptop now so I have no more lag.
It seemed to be an issue with the power in my PC since i replaced the 780Ti with a 980Ti it works fine.
It looks like the PSU in my pc was not quite enough to properly power the 780 since I put it in a nother box by itself with new PSu it seems to be ok now but still probabaly a bit of a fault in it.

Anyway good work so far

Cheers

Sy

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure why it's crashing on you. It looks like the newer versions I'm releasing seem to be more compatible, as you are the only person reporting a crash right now. Could you post your system specs, graphics card model, Direct X version, and operating system? The most I can do is try to make a virtual machine similar to yours and see if I can figure out what's causing the crash.

AMD 8320 x8 CPU, Nvidia GTX 780 TI, 16gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit
SSD drives

Cheers

Sy

Not sure why yours is crashing but the game definitely works on windows 10 64bit.
master110
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Dec19 15:59

sylakone2 wrote:
It seemed to be an issue with the power in my PC since i replaced the 780Ti with a 980Ti it works fine.
It looks like the PSU in my pc was not quite enough to properly power the 780 since I put it in a nother box by itself with new PSu it seems to be ok now but still probabaly a bit of a fault in it.

About how old is that graphics card you replaced? I'm using Unity so I'm subject to what their compiled exes can run on. I think the few people in this thread that have had an issue running the game have been using older cards. Unity requires the following:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

So there's a CPU and a GPU threshold. It's possible some people aren't meeting it.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby master110 » Sun, 15Dec20 01:17

sylakone2 I didn't see your message sorry. You broke the quote.

@op i fixed the lag as i have a new laptop. This game is really good thanks looking forward to updates.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Sun, 15Dec20 13:11

mistacorn wrote:
sylakone2 wrote:

About how old is that graphics card you replaced? I'm using Unity so I'm subject to what their compiled exes can run on. I think the few people in this thread that have had an issue running the game have been using older cards. Unity requires the following:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

So there's a CPU and a GPU threshold. It's possible some people aren't meeting it.

The 780 TI I have is less than a year old

Although it is from 2 generations ago of the Nvidia the reason I bought it originally is that it has more Cuda Cores than a 980Ti and it is half the cost which helps a lot with the Iray rendering I do.
The advantage of the 980TI over the 780Ti is that it has more Ram on board so I can work with bigger scenes in DAz3d and it has faster GPU so the renders are faster.

The thing that was odd about this whole issue with my 780Ti crashing is that it worked fine with your first version it was only after the 0.3 release that I had the crash.
Also I checked the 780 ti was originally released early 2014 so it is quite a young card.

Anyway i can play it now

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sun, 15Dec20 18:28

sylakone2 wrote:
The 780 TI I have is less than a year old

Although it is from 2 generations ago of the Nvidia the reason I bought it originally is that it has more Cuda Cores than a 980Ti and it is half the cost which helps a lot with the Iray rendering I do.
The advantage of the 980TI over the 780Ti is that it has more Ram on board so I can work with bigger scenes in DAz3d and it has faster GPU so the renders are faster.

The thing that was odd about this whole issue with my 780Ti crashing is that it worked fine with your first version it was only after the 0.3 release that I had the crash.
Also I checked the 780 ti was originally released early 2014 so it is quite a young card.

Anyway i can play it now

Cheers

Sy

Interesting. I must have added something in .03 that the card maybe couldn't handle. I'm not sure exactly what it was though because I made a lot of changes from .02 to .03. I will think about it a bit and maybe I will hit on the answer. I appreciate all your input and help! New version coming soon!
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Wed, 15Dec23 22:11

Hey everyone! I’ve been working on a new build of House Party, and there are a lot of cool updates in this one. There’s also a new room and character. I also changed around some of the other puzzles slightly to provide replay value for some of you who have been through it before. Enjoy!

The game can be downloaded at: http://games.eekllc.com

Here’s a full list of improvements/updates:

Revamped some character models to minimize skin tearing through clothing during some animations
Revamped models to add variety to bodies
Gave Patrick an awesome Hawaiian shirt
Added ragdoll physics to some characters
Improved cloth physics on Stephanie’s dress
Made bouncy breast physics more realistic
Added a new character: Brittney
Implemented Brittney’s storyline
Added to Katherine’s storyline
Added to Frank’s storyline
Added to Stephanie’s storyline
Added a new room to the house
Implemented a title game screen
Implemented fading of scenes
Improved fighting and fight reaction physics
Fixed a bug where Patrick’s beaten-up body would block off access to a room
Added some sound effects
Remodeled the living room
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Re: House Party Alpha (Updated 12/23/15)

Postby bartux » Thu, 15Dec24 00:34

very nice update.

Is there an end with the Katherine on the phone (to get her fully naked)
I can't "clean" the room because the dancing girl is still there.

also is there any way to see some skin of Brittney (which is very very hot) at this point ?
I've managed to get her to the bathroom with a "see next update".

finally I can't get any booze for the dancing girl because I'm stucked with the phone full frontal picture.

Maybe I've missed something :)

Thanks for your amazing work, the fixes are nice (character movements, fight etc) [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
bartux
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Thu, 15Dec24 00:43

bartux wrote:very nice update.

Is there an end with the Katherine on the phone (to get her fully naked)
I can't "clean" the room because the dancing girl is still there.

also is there any way to see some skin of Brittney (which is very very hot) at this point ?
I've managed to get her to the bathroom with a "see next update".

finally I can't get any booze for the dancing girl because I'm stucked with the phone full frontal picture.

Maybe I've missed something :)

Thanks for your amazing work, the fixes are nice (character movements, fight etc) [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Yes, you can get Katherine to fully nude. You need to get Steph out of the room (or incapacitated). She wants alcohol, but she doesn't really know her limits. ;)
No, that's all there is with Brittney so far. She's very new, and I will be writing more of her story very soon.
There are two places you can get booze. You're missing one of them. Once you get both bottles of wine to Steph, you will be able to continue with Katherine. One bottle is hidden, and the other you can get off Patrick.

And thank you!
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby bartux » Thu, 15Dec24 01:05

wow thanks for your fast answer,

I got the bottle from Patrick but I can't figure where to find the hidden bottle.
Do I need to do something to unlock it from a dialog or it's just on some places ?
bartux
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Thu, 15Dec24 01:07

bartux wrote:wow thanks for your fast answer,

I got the bottle from Patrick but I can't figure where to find the hidden bottle.
Do I need to do something to unlock it from a dialog or it's just on some places ?

It's hidden in one of the rooms. It's a pretty good hiding spot. Check Brittney's room. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby bartux » Thu, 15Dec24 01:31

thanks I've figured it out :)

Really nice !

Do you planned on adding sex intercourse in this game ?

Just a thought but you could add a 5$/month pledge because 1$ to 10$ is a big step.
bartux
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Thu, 15Dec24 12:55

bartux wrote:thanks I've figured it out :)

Really nice !

Do you planned on adding sex intercourse in this game ?

Just a thought but you could add a 5$/month pledge because 1$ to 10$ is a big step.

Actually, you can pledge whatever dollar amount you want. If you want to pledge 5, you have the option to. $10.00 is just the reward marker.

I do plan to add intercourse. I haven't exactly decided on how to implement it yet. A lot of people have said that X Story Player is clunky and that they don't like the mechanics of it. I think what I might do is load sub-scenes for the sex scenes where you are taken out of the open world type situation and treated more to an eye candy type of interface. I'll probably start there and make decisions as I go about what works best.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby bartux » Thu, 15Dec24 13:21

I follow the work Xstory player since the 2.1 version (2013 if I remember correctly).
The game mechanism is special but they are evolving in the good way.
They don't want to be a 3D Sexvilla kind of game where you are a spectator.
And I think they are right. The beauty of this game is to be an adult "FPS" where you can interact and explore the world.

For example, the last update include a sex pose (cow girl riding) where you can control the girl's speed; They figured the best way to implement the sex scene without removing their 3D world.

I guess you are right by implementing the sex scene in "separate" one. But your game is nice and it's getting better and better to control the guy.
It's difficult to include the sex scene as it because you have to control a lot of things;
as in XSP, it would be easier if the scene would be locked and you could perform different actions to the girl(s).

Ok for the pledge, I guess you'll have at least another pledger ;)
bartux
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Thu, 15Dec24 13:46

bartux wrote:I follow the work Xstory player since the 2.1 version (2013 if I remember correctly).
The game mechanism is special but they are evolving in the good way.
They don't want to be a 3D Sexvilla kind of game where you are a spectator.
And I think they are right. The beauty of this game is to be an adult "FPS" where you can interact and explore the world.

For example, the last update include a sex pose (cow girl riding) where you can control the girl's speed; They figured the best way to implement the sex scene without removing their 3D world.

I guess you are right by implementing the sex scene in "separate" one. But your game is nice and it's getting better and better to control the guy.
It's difficult to include the sex scene as it because you have to control a lot of things;
as in XSP, it would be easier if the scene would be locked and you could perform different actions to the girl(s).

Ok for the pledge, I guess you'll have at least another pledger ;)

I think that's the way to go too. "Open World FPS" is a great concept because it's immersive, but it has diminished returns if it gets to a point where you continually get lost and don't know what to do. I think that's a big problem X Story Player has always had. The communication with the other characters in that game is dismal at best, which is why I decided to go the more traditional route so I could really move the storylines and keep the players engaged and on the right path.

I think as I move forward, some things you will see is that the puzzles will get harder and more complex and you will be rewarded (usually with nudity) along the way until you can work your way up to a "sex scene" (however they will be handled), which would be the ultimate goal for that character. So it's open world enough to be fun and have the player be able to make their own decisions about what to do next, but at the same time, I am kind of holding their hand in some ways. I think it's about finding the right balance.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby Issho » Thu, 15Dec24 16:28

Just wanted to say, that your game looks promising. 3d Games on this sector are the future! (look at Lop and even Chaotic is playing a bit with that). Especially after the possiblity to purchase Unreal and Unity for free. I wanted to ask you, if your Sex-Scenes will be a kind of a reward when you succeded with the girls? I haven´ t seen it often until now, but I think Chaotic did this in some of his games (Rachel Part 3) and even Tlaero, to interact in the Sex-Scenes, meaning that you can be a very talented guy or such a loser in the bed for the girl! would be cool to see such an idea more often! :)
Issho
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects