House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: House Party Alpha (Updated 12/3/15)

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 15Dec04 20:03

karrek wrote:I seem to be stuck:

I can't get Madison naked, when I try to take off her pants she just says we don't know each other well enough.

I also can't get the dancing girl topless, she wants whip-its. I was able to do it in the Alpha 0.1 version, but now I can't get it figured out again.

Finally, is there any way to get booze? I got the topless picture but it won't give me an option to show it to him, and if I try and grab the booze he still beats me up.

I'll give you some hints for all three of these scenarios, and you can let me know if you need more.

Madison: You have to build up how much Madison likes you, so be careful of what you say to her before you ask her to take her pants off from the very start of your dialogues with her. She will usually let you know if you said something that didn't impress her or offends her, or if she liked it.

The whip-its are in a new hiding place. Think about where it would normally be kept, and figure out a way to get to it.

You can get booze by talking to the right person after you help them out, since otherwise Frank won't let you take any.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby nerio » Sat, 15Dec05 00:12

Enjoyed this - girls were nice, plot was promising and I look forward to more.

Also, more please! :)
nerio
great white shark

Postby bartux » Sat, 15Dec05 00:37

a bug here: you can't pick an item when you're too close from it container.
If you try to pick something in the fridge and the "Open / close" option menu is here you cannot click on it.

sometimes the characters are doing weird movement/steps to reach waypoint through door.

nice game ! It's a lot of potention keep going :)
bartux
great white shark

Postby xviii » Sat, 15Dec05 05:23

I managed to finish all the girls current story lines but had a few bugs in the second play through.

Madison was following me everywhere like in 0.2 after removing her pants and didn't stop ever after that. It made finding out what to do to humiliate her for ashley a lot harder, but it still worked in the end. She didn't do this on the first playthrough where I got her naked but couldn't figure out what to do for ashley. I also had stephanie end up in dancing topless in the bedroom on my second playthrough and had patrick knocked out there also... so it was kind of a crazy scene :p.

Overall this is definitely getting a lot better. Adding more characters is helping make things more complex with the existing ones and making the whole thing feel a lot more like an actual house party. Are there any plans to add more characters and perhaps add more rooms to the house?
xviii
great white shark

Postby Kane » Sat, 15Dec05 15:26

I have a problem with Katherine story. After I talked with her and frank, how can I take alcohol without frank seeing me? after frank knocks the drunk boy, i ask frank to follow me to leave him in another room, but he always discovers me when I try to take the alcol (I brought him also in the bathroom)
Kane
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Dec05 15:34

xviii wrote:I managed to finish all the girls current story lines but had a few bugs in the second play through.

Madison was following me everywhere like in 0.2 after removing her pants and didn't stop ever after that. It made finding out what to do to humiliate her for ashley a lot harder, but it still worked in the end. She didn't do this on the first playthrough where I got her naked but couldn't figure out what to do for ashley. I also had stephanie end up in dancing topless in the bedroom on my second playthrough and had patrick knocked out there also... so it was kind of a crazy scene :p.

Overall this is definitely getting a lot better. Adding more characters is helping make things more complex with the existing ones and making the whole thing feel a lot more like an actual house party. Are there any plans to add more characters and perhaps add more rooms to the house?

Try re-downloading the game. I caught the follow bug early on and squashed it and re-uploaded it but you must have downloaded it after I caught it. Basically, if you lure Patrick out of the room before Mandy gets there, she won't stop following you, but if you lead her there first and then get Patrick out, she will stop. It was a hard bug to find. :) It's fixed in both scenarios in the new version.

Yes, I plan to add maybe one or two more characters. I also plan to spend some time on the models for the next build. You should be seeing more variety and realism in their shapes with their clothes on and off.

Another room in the house wouldn't be a bad idea either. It'll definitely open up more possibilities in the storyline.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Dec05 15:36

Kane wrote:
I have a problem with Katherine story. After I talked with her and frank, how can I take alcohol without frank seeing me? after frank knocks the drunk boy, i ask frank to follow me to leave him in another room, but he always discovers me when I try to take the alcol (I brought him also in the bathroom)

Just FYI, getting the alcohol doesn't do anything for you in Katherine's storyline (just because I haven't gotten that far yet), but it will help you out with Stephanie. Frank won't let you take any alcohol, so you'll have to talk to somebody else once. Who else is likely to have some alcohol?
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Sun, 15Dec06 11:43

Hi Mista

I finally got a chance to play version 0.3 unfortuantley it crashed me as well like the 0.2 did.
I can't work it out.

Anyway I thought I would let you know.

The only errors I could find in event viewer around the time fo the crash are
Event ID 513 CAPI2 and event id 10016 DistributedCom.
Could not find anything in the output log.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby ptmg30 » Sun, 15Dec06 13:43

I need a walkthrough for all the characters except the new one in 0.3
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sun, 15Dec06 16:42

sylakone2 wrote:Hi Mista

I finally got a chance to play version 0.3 unfortuantley it crashed me as well like the 0.2 did.
I can't work it out.

Cheers

Sy

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure why it's crashing on you. It looks like the newer versions I'm releasing seem to be more compatible, as you are the only person reporting a crash right now. Could you post your system specs, graphics card model, Direct X version, and operating system? The most I can do is try to make a virtual machine similar to yours and see if I can figure out what's causing the crash.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby ttant » Sun, 15Dec06 17:29

ptmg30 wrote:I need a walkthrough for all the characters except the new one in 0.3

Path of "old" characters change as well [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
ttant
star of the reef

Postby sylakone2 » Sun, 15Dec06 22:29

mistacorn wrote:

I can't work it out.

Cheers

Sy

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure why it's crashing on you. It looks like the newer versions I'm releasing seem to be more compatible, as you are the only person reporting a crash right now. Could you post your system specs, graphics card model, Direct X version, and operating system? The most I can do is try to make a virtual machine similar to yours and see if I can figure out what's causing the crash.

AMD 8320 x8 CPU, Nvidia GTX 780 TI, 16gb RAM, Windows 10 64 bit
SSD drives

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby master110 » Tue, 15Dec08 12:13

sylakone2 wrote:
mistacorn wrote:

I can't work it out.

Cheers

Sy

SSD drives

Cheers

Sy

Not sure why yours is crashing but the game definitely works on windows 10 64bit.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby bartux » Tue, 15Dec08 13:31

works very well under windows 10 x64 here as well !
With GTX 580 and I7 2600k
bartux
great white shark

Postby sylakone2 » Sat, 15Dec19 03:07

master110 wrote:
sylakone2 wrote:
mistacorn wrote:

I can't work it out.

Cheers

Sy

It seemed to be an issue with the power in my PC since i replaced the 780Ti with a 980Ti it works fine.
It looks like the PSU in my pc was not quite enough to properly power the 780 since I put it in a nother box by itself with new PSu it seems to be ok now but still probabaly a bit of a fault in it.

Anyway good work so far

Cheers

Sy

SSD drives

Cheers

Sy

Not sure why yours is crashing but the game definitely works on windows 10 64bit.
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Projects