House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: House Party Beta 0.3.3.0 (Updated 11/16/16)

Postby wildride » Sat, 16Nov19 22:21

mistacorn wrote:
wildride wrote:A few problems making it tough to play, left clicking on a character to interact seems very hit and miss (mostly miss), I also think that my relationship with Maddison (only one I noticed in my brief playtime) would drop everytime she would walk into me.

What do you mean by hit or miss? I haven't had anybody say that they were having an issue clicking on anything. What exactly is happening?

Madison talking to you shouldn't decrease your relationship unless you give a negative response.

Essentially, most of the time Ill walk up to a character, face to face and click on their face to interact, nothing happens. So I end up spamming the mouse clicks til it does just moving the cursor around the face/body until it does. It can take a bit of time.

Now I will admit right now, trying it again and it seems better (same game version) I am now able to talk to frank after about 10 clicks, I went through 100 attempts last night with no luck there, I also found I could do something with the soap and toothbrush in the bathroom where I tried and got no response last night and chalked it up to not being interactive. So maybe something was running on my PC interfering with it properly. Still not perfect but at least 10x better than last night. Dont know why.

Win10 64bit if wondering.

Ok noticing something going on, it would seem this is occuring when they are chatting, or otherwise occupied. The problem is they get stuck like this sometimes. Patrick currently is like this after talking to him about maddisson being cousins, she bumped into me before I ended that convo, brining up hers saying she looks upset (and I agree no loss just thought there was) but after that Patrick has been jaw jacking to himself.

PS when inspecting the bottle in patricks hand the line reads "looks like frank got his hands on some alchohol despite franks guarding." should be looks like patrick.
Also bathroom door leading off madisons room, she followed me in bumped into me, I then went to close the door to get the pills and the door hit me, knocked me onto the floor (I think) was clipping between bathroom, closet and bedroom while stuck on the floor. Had to restart.

Would really like to see a save feature in this game ;)
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Mon, 16Nov21 13:16

wildride wrote:
mistacorn wrote:
wildride wrote:A few problems making it tough to play, left clicking on a character to interact seems very hit and miss (mostly miss), I also think that my relationship with Maddison (only one I noticed in my brief playtime) would drop everytime she would walk into me.

What do you mean by hit or miss? I haven't had anybody say that they were having an issue clicking on anything. What exactly is happening?

Madison talking to you shouldn't decrease your relationship unless you give a negative response.

Essentially, most of the time Ill walk up to a character, face to face and click on their face to interact, nothing happens. So I end up spamming the mouse clicks til it does just moving the cursor around the face/body until it does. It can take a bit of time.

Now I will admit right now, trying it again and it seems better (same game version) I am now able to talk to frank after about 10 clicks, I went through 100 attempts last night with no luck there, I also found I could do something with the soap and toothbrush in the bathroom where I tried and got no response last night and chalked it up to not being interactive. So maybe something was running on my PC interfering with it properly. Still not perfect but at least 10x better than last night. Dont know why.

Ok noticing something going on, it would seem this is occuring when they are chatting, or otherwise occupied. The problem is they get stuck like this sometimes. Patrick currently is like this after talking to him about maddisson being cousins, she bumped into me before I ended that convo, brining up hers saying she looks upset (and I agree no loss just thought there was) but after that Patrick has been jaw jacking to himself.

PS when inspecting the bottle in patricks hand the line reads "looks like frank got his hands on some alchohol despite franks guarding." should be looks like patrick.
Also bathroom door leading off madisons room, she followed me in bumped into me, I then went to close the door to get the pills and the door hit me, knocked me onto the floor (I think) was clipping between bathroom, closet and bedroom while stuck on the floor. Had to restart.

Hmm, yeah with the clipping thing, I'm not sure what could be causing that. It could just be slow to respond. I am currently working on tweaking out the game so it runs more efficiently. Right now, on newer systems with better GPUs, it's running great, but getting into hardware that a few years old, it tends to have issues. I do want the game to be visually appealing, but I am trying to trade off as much as I can without hacking into the visual quality of the models. I will check into the other issues. Thanks for the feedback!
mistacorn
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby wildride » Mon, 16Nov21 13:52

mistacorn wrote:
wildride wrote:
mistacorn wrote:

Hmm, yeah with the clipping thing, I'm not sure what could be causing that. It could just be slow to respond. I am currently working on tweaking out the game so it runs more efficiently. Right now, on newer systems with better GPUs, it's running great, but getting into hardware that a few years old, it tends to have issues. I do want the game to be visually appealing, but I am trying to trade off as much as I can without hacking into the visual quality of the models. I will check into the other issues. Thanks for the feedback!

well cant reproduce on purpose, I did try to get up for quite awhile had it running in the background too in case it corrected itself while posting. I wouldnt class my system as old as I only built this a year ago.
i7-6700k, 16gb ram, 4gb GTX 970 what might be lacking though are the nvidia drivers, Im running 369.09 while the current ones 375.95. Been loathe to update them as the 370's ones would crash after about 10 minutes of play.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Tue, 16Nov22 01:13

wildride wrote:well cant reproduce on purpose, I did try to get up for quite awhile had it running in the background too in case it corrected itself while posting. I wouldnt class my system as old as I only built this a year ago.
i7-6700k, 16gb ram, 4gb GTX 970 what might be lacking though are the nvidia drivers, Im running 369.09 while the current ones 375.95. Been loathe to update them as the 370's ones would crash after about 10 minutes of play.

As of right now, I'm looking at putting out another build tomorrow. Let me know how it treats you.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Tue, 16Nov22 17:48

Hey guys,

Here's another build of House Party for those of you that were having issues running the game or were experiencing sluggishness. Also, a lot of you that have been running the game can probably get away with now running it on higher quality settings. I've spent the last few days completely optimizing the game from top to bottom, and I've been able to increase performance by a lot. Details are on the link. Enjoy!

http://games.eekllc.com/index.php/2016/ ... e-updates/
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby lurking » Wed, 16Nov23 15:38

I noticed in 0.3.3.1 that, when Katherine started to talk about her boyfriend, Madison appeared and talked over it (in the living room) and no further interaction with Katherine was possible - as if the interaction would still be "active". I can click her but nothing happens, plus she won't move anymore.

Known bug or a PEBKAC mistake?
lurking
sirens hunter

Postby mistacorn » Wed, 16Nov23 16:25

lurking wrote:
I noticed in 0.3.3.1 that, when Katherine started to talk about her boyfriend, Madison appeared and talked over it (in the living room) and no further interaction with Katherine was possible - as if the interaction would still be "active". I can click her but nothing happens, plus she won't move anymore.

Known bug or a PEBKAC mistake?

This is a bug. What's happening is that, when the other NPC starts talking to you, it is overriding the session you already have going with the other NPC. This ejects you out of the dialogue without properly closing it, and it marks the character as perpetually already in a conversation with you and therefore "busy", and that's why you are unable to click on them to start a new dialogue from then on. This bug is slated to be fixed in the next build.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby lurking » Wed, 16Nov23 16:27

Great. Admit that you just added that bug so you could have more patrons. [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
lurking
sirens hunter

Postby mistacorn » Wed, 16Nov23 17:20

lurking wrote:Great. Admit that you just added that bug so you could have more patrons. [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

If only I were that good. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby ptmg30 » Thu, 16Nov24 13:14

Where did the painkillers go in the in the latest public update? I last played 0.2.3 when it was a one story house.
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 16Nov25 18:48

ptmg30 wrote:Where did the painkillers go in the in the latest public update? I last played 0.2.3 when it was a one story house.

Somebody just posted a walk-though here:
http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1370

See if that helps you out. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby cj1015 » Sat, 16Nov26 03:53

Wouldn't run on my win7 machine :(
cj1015
great white shark

Postby Dole » Sat, 16Nov26 09:12

Bug

"Once you get Madison's phone, you can give it to her sister Ashley. Ashley will help you crack it if you get her Madison's diary. To get this, go upstairs, get the pencil from the desk on the bedroom on the far left and the paper from the desk with the mac in the next room. Go to Madison's room, find the big hardback book on a set of drawers. Use the paper on that and the pencil on the paper to get the code. Then go to the safe in the walk-in wardrobe and open it. "

You can open the safe when you have the paper and pencil in the hand or maybe all time. After I opened the safe I used the paper and the pencil at the book and wunder what I can do with this code.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby ttant » Sat, 16Nov26 11:21

I safe is open, you won't need the code any longer. Take a better look at the safe`s inside.

Btw, when I restart the game, some stuff are not cleaned (i still have the safe code for example).
ttant
star of the reef

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 16Nov26 14:02

cj1015 wrote:Wouldn't run on my win7 machine :(

What is happening when you try to run it?
mistacorn
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Projects