House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

House Party Beta

Postby mistacorn » Fri, 15Nov13 22:27

Hey guys,

I've been working on a new game for a couple months now called House Party, and I have an early alpha version that I want to start letting some people test. This is really only for people who are wanting to test a very raw and unpolished game and give feedback to help it grow into something more. The engine I'm building underneath it will help to rapidly develop more of these types of games down the line.

The game is similar to a lot of the browser-based games you find on this site where your choices influence your success in the game, but it plays like a first-person RPG with interactive game models, characters, and physics. There isn't much of a story to play though right now, just a few objectives to complete while I work on the gameplay mechanics. There are multiple story-paths though and different outcomes based on your decisions.

The game is built with Unity, and right now I'm only offering a Windows client version.

Anyway, hope there's some interest. Very much appreciate anybody willing to test! Play instructions are on the link. There's no in-game menu yet, so Alt-F4 to quit.

http://games.eekllc.com/index.php/category/downloads/

System Requirements:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

Edit:

Beta version .2.3 now available!
Last edited by mistacorn on Tue, 17Jan17 17:55, edited 29 times in total.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: House Party Alpha

Postby BeanBean » Fri, 15Nov13 23:58

It's looking good. The graphics and and character movements are fairly good, and I think you could make a very nice game with this interface.

However, I am unable to find the phone.
Read my stuff, play my games, at http://beanbean.neocities.org/index.html
BeanBean
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Nov14 00:05

BeanBean wrote:It's looking good. The graphics and and character movements are fairly good, and I think you could make a very nice game with this interface.

However, I am unable to find the phone.

Thanks!

Check the shelf next to the bathroom sink for the phone. :)
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby BeanBean » Sat, 15Nov14 00:24

Found it, thanks. That one was well hidden.
Read my stuff, play my games, at http://beanbean.neocities.org/index.html
BeanBean
great white shark

Postby sylakone2 » Sat, 15Nov14 00:38

Hi it is looking good.

It is looking very good

There are a few things that need a bit of work.
The Dress for the dancing girl is probably a little bit too light as far as the cloth effects are going but otherwise quite good.

Also the walking lines for the Strong dude and the drunk dude need some work they keep getting stuck on a wall or on the couch but otherwise pretty cool.

Another thing it might be better to trigger the talking events by click on the character instead of getting close to them I noticed a few time they would get between some of the scene and it would kind of get in a loop where the convo would start then restart before finishing the first line and so on until you move away.

I am assuming.
Once you get Stephanie topless and the Mandy in the bedroom that is as far as it goes so far?

So far it is coming along very well keep up the good work.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby ppoopp » Sat, 15Nov14 02:30

Looks very promising, I am looking forward to playing something more.
ppoopp
sirens hunter

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 15Nov14 02:32

looks promising, 1 remark i have is that its the same title as the S&G game.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Wader » Sat, 15Nov14 05:10

I can't play, it says that the version of the game is not compatible with my Windows.
Wader
great white shark

Postby Super » Sat, 15Nov14 05:44

Wader wrote:I can't play, it says that the version of the game is not compatible with my Windows.

What Windows version do you have?

Also, this seems very promising.I do think it's a bit unwieldy to control though. Maybe it's just my natural aversion to mouse and keyboard controls but I think it sort of seems like a tank?
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby ptmg30 » Sat, 15Nov14 13:36

the inventory never showed up for me
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Nov14 14:02

I am assuming.
Once you get Stephanie topless and the Mandy in the bedroom that is as far as it goes so far?

Yes, at this point you've reached the end of the available content. I will be adding to it generously over the next few weeks.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Nov14 14:04

Also, this seems very promising.I do think it's a bit unwieldy to control though. Maybe it's just my natural aversion to mouse and keyboard controls but I think it sort of seems like a tank?

What kind of control mechanics would you be interested in seeing? I had considered doing this in third person as well. The reason I chose first person is because I would also like to make a VR port.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Nov14 14:05

ptmg30 wrote:the inventory never showed up for me

The inventory only shows up if you took one of the interactive items around the house.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Sat, 15Nov14 14:44

mistacorn wrote:

What kind of control mechanics would you be interested in seeing? I had considered doing this in third person as well. The reason I chose first person is because I would also like to make a VR port.

It's hard to explain but it mostly just feels like it's hard to strafe. Dunno what gameplay mechanics though for something that takes place in a house.

Maybe have it so you can control dialogue with WASD? Kind feels weird to have to switch to the arrow keys when talking

edit: okay, I tried again and I could pick up the painkillers? I did talk to that drunk guy before o my last palythrough but ok

Maybe because i talked to the beat em up guy in between and doing that somehow canceled out being able to pick up the asprin?
Last edited by Super on Sat, 15Nov28 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Trucla » Sat, 15Nov14 15:34

Wader wrote:I can't play, it says that the version of the game is not compatible with my Windows.
It only works in Windows 64bit. It would be good if the author states it in the first post.
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Next

Return to Projects