House Party Beta

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: House Party Alpha

Postby Wader » Sat, 15Nov14 15:41

Super wrote:
Wader wrote:I can't play, it says that the version of the game is not compatible with my Windows.

What Windows version do you have?

Also, this seems very promising.I do think it's a bit unwieldy to control though. Maybe it's just my natural aversion to mouse and keyboard controls but I think it sort of seems like a tank?

I'm pretty sure that is WIndows 7.
Trucla wrote:
Wader wrote:I can't play, it says that the version of the game is not compatible with my Windows.
It only works in Windows 64bit. It would be good if the author states it in the first post.

what is a Windows 64bit?
Wader
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Trucla » Sat, 15Nov14 15:44

Doesn't work in Windows 7 32bit. See above.
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby ptmg30 » Sat, 15Nov14 15:53

mistacorn wrote:
ptmg30 wrote:the inventory never showed up for me

The inventory only shows up if you took one of the interactive items around the house.

I had the whipped cream and sponge, It never showed.
Last edited by ptmg30 on Sun, 15Nov15 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
ptmg30
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Nov14 16:28

It only works in Windows 64bit. It would be good if the author states it in the first post.

That's odd. I compiled for x86 and 64. I will load up a virtual 32 bit machine and troubleshoot. Could be the version of Direct X possibly.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sat, 15Nov14 16:33

It's hard to explain but it mostly just feels like it's hard to strafe. Dunno what gameplay mechanics though for something that takes place in a house.

Maybe have it so you can control dialogue with WASD? Kind feels weird to have to switch to the arrow keys when talking

I suppose I could lock the movement once the dialogue triggers. Some others have complained about the dialogue stopping abruptly due to character movement. Then once movement is stopped, you could then navigate between the dialogue choices with W and S alternatively.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby haxton » Sat, 15Nov14 23:03

It doesn't work for me...windows 10.
haxton
great white shark

Postby Trucla » Sat, 15Nov14 23:11

If it's 32 bits it shouldn't work (my experience was only with Win7 as I don't change it to Win 10). Though It should go with 64 bits, I think.
Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby BeanBean » Sat, 15Nov14 23:36

mistacorn wrote:
Also, this seems very promising.I do think it's a bit unwieldy to control though. Maybe it's just my natural aversion to mouse and keyboard controls but I think it sort of seems like a tank?

What kind of control mechanics would you be interested in seeing? I had considered doing this in third person as well. The reason I chose first person is because I would also like to make a VR port.

First person perspective is great for what you have done so far, but it might not look so good when you get to the sex scenes. I don't know what you have planned, or what is possible with your software, but you might need to shift to a 3rd person fixed camera for some scenes.
Read my stuff, play my games, at http://beanbean.neocities.org/index.html
BeanBean
great white shark

Postby fleet » Sun, 15Nov15 00:32

haxton wrote:It doesn't work for me...windows 10.

Are you getting any error messages, and if so, what EXACTLY do the error messages say?
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby bartux » Sun, 15Nov15 01:14

the game looks great. Works for me Win10 x64

There are some bugs with pathfinding when you put patrick in the bathroom and ask the other guy to beat him up.
The other guy just try to head to the bathroom directly from the kitchen.

Also please use the keys assignment from the unity launch , I've tried to reassign but it didn't work.

I hope to see more of your work :)
bartux
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 15Nov15 06:12

Wader wrote:what is a Windows 64bit?

All the recent versions of Window (XP, 7, 8, 10) come in both a 32-bit and a 64-bit release, the 32-bit and 64-bit refers to the type of CPU in the computer as explained here.

If an application has been built to be run on a 64-bit CPU then it will not work on a 32-bit CPU, the reverse is not necessarily true as a 64-bit CPU can emulate a 32-bit one if it has the correct software.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby haxton » Sun, 15Nov15 11:27

fleet wrote:
haxton wrote:It doesn't work for me...windows 10.

Are you getting any error messages, and if so, what EXACTLY do the error messages say?

it says that the version is not compatible with my windows. windows 10 32 bits.
haxton
great white shark

Postby albert99 » Sun, 15Nov15 12:38

Good looking start to a game here. Like others have said, controls seem a little clunky WASD strafing with mouse to look around would come more naturally and is similar to most PC games in my opinion. I think the biggest hurdle you will face is getting the sex scenes right, other than that you have a solid base.

Also totally minor thing, the sink isn't solid. :)
albert99
great white shark

Postby mistacorn » Sun, 15Nov15 15:32

First person perspective is great for what you have done so far, but it might not look so good when you get to the sex scenes. I don't know what you have planned, or what is possible with your software, but you might need to shift to a 3rd person fixed camera for some scenes.

Have you played X Story Player? I was envisioning going a similar route.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

Postby mistacorn » Sun, 15Nov15 15:34

albert99 wrote:Good looking start to a game here. Like others have said, controls seem a little clunky WASD strafing with mouse to look around would come more naturally and is similar to most PC games in my opinion. I think the biggest hurdle you will face is getting the sex scenes right, other than that you have a solid base.

Also totally minor thing, the sink isn't solid. :)

I went with the World of Warcraft control scheme just because I've played and it felt more natural to me, but there does seem to be an overwhelming desire for A and D to be strafes. I can set it up that way in the next build. I will also make it re-assignable as somebody above mentioned.
mistacorn
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Projects