SUPERCREEP (v0.22 updated: May 29th, 2016)

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: SUPERCREEP

Postby lawina » Fri, 15Oct23 21:40

Guntag wrote:
gompie wrote:Anybody have a clue. what to do in the hotel. Spoke to the receptionist and have room numbers but can't open them

This one is tricky, I spent some time trying to figure out what to do.

You have to use the Cabinet at the entrance. You probably used it like me and found nothing, then you searched for the whole hotel trying everything else, thinking "WTH only 2 minutes to search the whole hotel ?!?" ;). It's because the Cabinet is split in 2 parts, the right part is empty and the keys are in the left part.

Good point! I can see why that would be confusing. I'll change that :)
lawina
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Super » Sat, 15Oct24 00:39

How much of the game do you have planned? Any endgame in site?

Also, I was kind hoping quests would be the only way to get xp Thoughtbthatd be interesting. Maybe some other currency only gotten through quests to get some secret stuff?
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Adotes » Sat, 15Oct24 04:01

Great start and good story. Looking forward to future updates.
Adotes
Pilot fish

Postby Rexxx » Sat, 15Oct24 07:07

Someone knows where is the henchman (or what i have to do in that quest) and where is angela ?
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby Depeche » Sat, 15Oct24 09:32

Rexxx wrote:Someone knows where is the henchman (or what i have to do in that quest) and where is angela ?

Just read some posts above...
Depeche
lagoon predator

Postby boyo111 » Sat, 15Oct24 09:51

There is a slight continuity error you may want to fix as well with the next update with the twins. In the prologue they are away on a trip to come back in a few days, but after going to the church and the initial meeting with Betty there is more than a week passing. I was expecting the twins to be in the house when eventually waking up.

Slight I know.

Overall I wondered about money and being able to afford train tickets and everything else needed, economic balancing in these games usually takes some thought, I can see where travelling back and forth from different areas where money may run low. Just something to consider.
boyo111
great white shark

Postby lawina » Sun, 15Oct25 04:19

Super wrote:How much of the game do you have planned? Any endgame in site?

Also, I was kind hoping quests would be the only way to get xp Thoughtbthatd be interesting. Maybe some other currency only gotten through quests to get some secret stuff?

Definitely no endgame in sight yet. The game is still quite early in development. The features I'm planning to add in the future are quite extensive as well (e.g. I just implemented a working mobile phone, that the player can use to contact the girls, show the map, view your bank balance etc.). Here's a list:

• Many new superpowers (mind reading and control, shape-shifting etc.).
  • Activate your superpowers anywhere, anytime.
  • Many new locations (including famous real-world locations).
  • Different types of missions, with a bit more focus on combat (excluding mindless grinding).
  • More companions/party members.
  • A more open-ended gameplay.
  • Upgrade your house to impress girls.
  • Create your "dungeon" (where you can invite/hold friendly or hostile girls).
  • More sexual niches.
  • Many new girls (including more celebrity look-a-likes).

The upcoming quests will mainly be rewarded with money. XP will be balanced between quests and combat. Also, you will be able to lose money during combat, which is what the bank will be useful for.

Rexxx wrote:Someone knows where is the henchman (or what i have to do in that quest) and where is angela ?

Spoiler for you:
Someone at the beach will point you the way to the henchman.

In the upcoming version there will be more ways to find the location of the head henchman. Right now it seems to be a bit bothersome to find him :)

boyo111 wrote:There is a slight continuity error you may want to fix as well with the next update with the twins. In the prologue they are away on a trip to come back in a few days, but after going to the church and the initial meeting with Betty there is more than a week passing. I was expecting the twins to be in the house when eventually waking up.

Slight I know.

Thanks a lot, I've fixed this now for the upcoming version! The church/hospital was supposed to last only a few days, but I decided to change it afterwards, but forgot to change the twin sisters part :)
lawina
great white shark

Postby master110 » Sun, 15Oct25 13:35

I'm stuck i can't find the camera.

I think i may be system specs you need.

Its a little laggy outside in town and inside is lag free. system as followed.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: SATELLITE C50D-B
BIOS: 1.40
Processor: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3520MB RAM
Page File: 2236MB used, 2755MB available
DirectX Version: 12
master110
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8dn » Sun, 15Oct25 14:14

I've managed to find the beach "hooray!"..

A small criticism - I've been disappointed with the outcomes of achieving an objective. For example, you finally get to look in the basement to find nothing that's of any immediate use.. I would've thought it would be an ideal place to find the thing that could open the diary or something else I already know about, instead of just setting me off on another wild goose chase. The same went for fighting off the sharks.. Particularly annoying when these crop up in the middle of trying to achieve a totally different objective.

A few observations:

If a certain XP level is required to achieve objectives then please make that clear. It would be good to have some idea of the order in which objectives should be completed.

I'm also unclear as to the difference between the "Henchmen" (but not THE henchman) encountered on the street and the "Agents".. Approaching both seems to have the same effect. Although when they first appeared, the Agents seemed such an obvious trap, I avoided them, as per the instructions.

On the subject of THE Henchman: Surely he should have a different title? A henchman is a subordinate, the guy who does the dirty work or acts as a bosses bodyguard (like Goldfinger's "Oddjob"). At least make this guy the "Senior Henchman" or something so he's never confused with all the ordinary Henchmen.

I've noticed as the game progresses people I could once interact with now don't respond - presumably because I've completed that strand of the game and they've nothing left to offer. In such a large landscape it would be better if the characters we removed (or at least their tags disabled) when their part in the game is over.

A similar thing applies to Strangers: Why are they here? I've been ignoring them after the first 7 or 8 times but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do... Is there one Stranger who is useful if you happen to approach him/her at exactly the right time? You will not be very popular if that turns out to be the case. Please give a tag only to the characters that lead to an interaction and either remove or disable the "Stranger" tags altogether or, for a quicker fix, make a clear statement at the start that Strangers play no actual part so players know they will be wasting their time by chasing after them.

I note your earlier comment that you're planning to open this up a great deal more. From what I've seen so far this would be very welcome but I suggest that you follow Shark's and the "Star Wars" movie method of concentrating on one or two plots at a time and introduce the new locations, etc, as a whole new game. Each instalment could include all the old locations and start at the point the previous game ended (and the same player stats) with a clue or a message arriving at "Home", meaning you can revisit exisiting locations to find out new stuff as well as opening up the new places... Trying to cram everything into one game would only increase the development time, become over-complicated, be much more difficult to test and risk the possibility of never having a finished game for people to play.

I'll be very interested to see the finished product as the game so far has a lot of promise - but for now I'm too frustrated with looking for things that, for all I know, may not exist in this version (for example the key to the diary. Someone else has mentioned the camera, etc). A really good effort so far though :)
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby master110 » Sun, 15Oct25 14:28

kessie8dn wrote:I've managed to find the beach "hooray!"..

A small criticism - I've been disappointed with the outcomes of achieving an objective. For example, you finally get to look in the basement to find nothing that's of any immediate use.. I would've thought it would be an ideal place to find the thing that could open the diary or something else I already know about, instead of just setting me off on another wild goose chase. The same went for fighting off the sharks.. Particularly annoying when these crop up in the middle of trying to achieve a totally different objective.

A few observations:

If a certain XP level is required to achieve objectives then please make that clear. It would be good to have some idea of the order in which objectives should be completed.

I'm also unclear as to the difference between the "Henchmen" (but not THE henchman) encountered on the street and the "Agents".. Approaching both seems to have the same effect. Although when they first appeared, the Agents seemed such an obvious trap, I avoided them, as per the instructions.

On the subject of THE Henchman: Surely he should have a different title? A henchman is a subordinate, the guy who does the dirty work or acts as a bosses bodyguard (like Goldfinger's "Oddjob"). At least make this guy the "Senior Henchman" or something so he's never confused with all the ordinary Henchmen.

I've noticed as the game progresses people I could once interact with now don't respond - presumably because I've completed that strand of the game and they've nothing left to offer. In such a large landscape it would be better if the characters we removed (or at least their tags disabled) when their part in the game is over.

A similar thing applies to Strangers: Why are they here? I've been ignoring them after the first 7 or 8 times but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do... Is there one Stranger who is useful if you happen to approach him/her at exactly the right time? You will not be very popular if that turns out to be the case. Please give a tag only to the characters that lead to an interaction and either remove or disable the "Stranger" tags altogether or, for a quicker fix, make a clear statement at the start that Strangers play no actual part so players know they will be wasting their time by chasing after them.

I note your earlier comment that you're planning to open this up a great deal more. From what I've seen so far this would be very welcome but I suggest that you follow Shark's and the "Star Wars" movie method of concentrating on one or two plots at a time and introduce the new locations, etc, as a whole new game. Each instalment could include all the old locations and start at the point the previous game ended (and the same player stats) with a clue or a message arriving at "Home", meaning you can revisit exisiting locations to find out new stuff as well as opening up the new places... Trying to cram everything into one game would only increase the development time, become over-complicated, be much more difficult to test and risk the possibility of never having a finished game for people to play.

I'll be very interested to see the finished product as the game so far has a lot of promise - but for now I'm too frustrated with looking for things that, for all I know, may not exist in this version (for example the key to the diary. Someone else has mentioned the camera, etc). A really good effort so far though :)

LOL. I found the beach like that also. YEAH i agree I'm not sure if running around trying to find stuff which isn't in the game yet.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby lawina » Mon, 15Oct26 18:00

master110 wrote:I'm stuck i can't find the camera.

You can find the camera in the shop in the main town (neighbourhood).

kessie8dn wrote:On the subject of THE Henchman: Surely he should have a different title? A henchman is a subordinate, the guy who does the dirty work or acts as a bosses bodyguard (like Goldfinger's "Oddjob"). At least make this guy the "Senior Henchman" or something so he's never confused with all the ordinary Henchmen.

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback kessie8dn! A few great points there. First of all the 'boss' henchman is called 'head henchman' in the upcoming version.

All NPC's with the tag 'Stranger' don't have anything to offer. If they have a different tag, there is a possibility that they either have a quest for you or at least a different type of conversation then just replying with "Hmm?", "Get lost, creep" etc.

Regarding your suggestion about releasing in multiple installments, I'm not so sure about that. The game is split into chapters, which makes it a lot easier to develop or cram everything into one area. While I have a lot of ideas of new areas to add, I also like the idea of seeing changes to the environments you are already familiar with (according to the choices you made).

The key and box are indeed not available in the free version. I completely forgot to remove them or at least add a message that they aren't available. I can understand that it's frustrating now trying to find something that isn't there.
Last edited by lawina on Mon, 15Oct26 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
lawina
great white shark

Postby doverfr » Mon, 15Oct26 20:34

Hi,

I've been struggling finding the beach as well. I can't click on the "blue guy", and only pressing tab while down south make it work.

I still am blocked with only 4 coins and needing 8 for the present. I've been checking every place, and talking to every one, even the cat (nothing happen)

so 'im sad :(

EDIT: I restarted the game and have a new mission to make the needed money. I also can click on the "blue man" to go to the beach... this time i've not been talking to anyone and not got the dog.
doverfr
great white shark

Postby master110 » Tue, 15Oct27 02:13

doverfr wrote:Hi,

I've been struggling finding the beach as well. I can't click on the "blue guy", and only pressing tab while down south make it work.

I still am blocked with only 4 coins and needing 8 for the present. I've been checking every place, and talking to every one, even the cat (nothing happen)

EDIT: I restarted the game and have a new mission to make the needed money. I also can click on the "blue man" to go to the beach... this time i've not been talking to anyone and not got the dog.

I have looked all over the map all i can find its $4 , I don't think there is a way to get the $8.

lawina wrote:
master110 wrote:I'm stuck i can't find the camera.

You can find the camera in the shop in the main town (neighbourhood).

Thanks but I'm
struggling to find any money

I have frame drops outside but fullscreen mode gives me more FPS but its still slower. Still playable ether way. Hope that helps at all.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby cypisek1233 » Tue, 15Oct27 08:00

Hi :)

I think it's great game. I'm waiting for the next releases :) Great job, lawina! :)

And I need some help with finding head henchman:
How to open the door in the Hotel?

cypisek1233
sirens hunter

Postby lawina » Tue, 15Oct27 14:23

doverfr wrote:Hi,

I have no clue what is causing the problem you had. I tried to reproduce the issue, but failed. Do you play in fullscreen or windowed mode?

cypisek1233 wrote:Hi :)

I think it's great game. I'm waiting for the next releases :) Great job, lawina! :)

And I need some help with finding head henchman:
How to open the door in the Hotel?

Hi cypisek! Glad you enjoy the game.

Do you mean how to open all the doors in the hotel? If so;

There is a key in the cabinet (hotel ground floor), but there is an issue where people couldn't get the keycard off the cabinet in the demo IF they are playing with a keyboard. You will have to use your mouse to get the universal keycard from the cabinet.
lawina
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects