My Math Teacher

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translation of one of Serge's game

Postby zucchort » Fri, 15Aug07 23:35

DoomScythe wrote:I open both windows/curtains and now what? Can i pass from one house to the other?

Sthephanie's garden is right about the other side of the Fraançoise's bathroom. Maybe she notices that sometning is strange about that window. How to make sure she doesn't notice?
On living room what do you really need to do to see the other side of the window?
What do you need to do to make sure that nobody knows that you entered on françoise's house?

I don't think i can give you any more tips that doesn't look like a walktrough to this part of the game.
zucchort
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby DoomScythe » Sat, 15Aug08 08:20

Still don't know what to do.. What do i need to do in the window? Only open it? Or only open the curtains?
DoomScythe
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Aug08 08:25

Don't touch the windows.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Kalimero » Sat, 15Aug08 10:20

paquito wrote:Don't touch the windows.

damn to late, already upgraded to win 10 ;)

btw big thnx paquito(and others) for the translation, finally a chance to play a Serge game :)
Kalimero
Pilot fish

Postby Sephira » Sat, 15Aug08 17:05

Frist of all: Thank you for your translation!
Second: I would like a little help
When I choose JOIN after looking thru the window, I have to take a towel. I don't know how to avoid it [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img]
Sephira
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Aug08 17:24

Your issue isn't related to the towel, this item doesn't really exist. What is your ending?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby redle » Sat, 15Aug08 23:13

Sephira wrote:Frist of all: Thank you for your translation!
Second: I would like a little help
When I choose JOIN after looking thru the window, I have to take a towel. I don't know how to avoid it [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img]

As paquito said, the action of which you speak is just part of the story. It does not represent success or failure in any way. Everyone who makes it this far in the game will see exactly that same text. The main character is an inexperienced person. No matter how much bravado he puts forth, he's not completely free of insecurities. (not to mention, the specific scene in question holds an exorbitant amount of potential risk for the main character if you stop and think about where he is and what he's doing)

I'd be curious why you think that line means you have failed. Does the game give you a game over?
redle
star of the reef

Postby Sephira » Sun, 15Aug09 06:42

After I go in: She say's that it is very rude to come in THIS way ... And the game ends
I thought that the towel is the problem

Then I miss something else
Sephira
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Aug09 06:44

You have to perform an action already done the first day.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby redle » Sun, 15Aug09 21:59

Sephira wrote:
After I go in: She say's that it is very rude to come in THIS way ... And the game ends
I thought that the towel is the problem

Then I miss something else

I see why you made the inference you did. Sometimes I like descriptions as presented to me, and sometimes not so much. Either way, it isn't really my reworking of the game, so I try to limit my edits at least somewhat (Everyone has a different voice and means by which they tell a story. I don't want to completely hi-jack this one). When there isn't technically any problem, I'm more prone to leaving things alone.

Not that it at all helps you for the demo, but since you brought this up as an issue, I'll at least suggest a rework behind the scenes and maybe the final version will end up with text that is less confusing.

By the way, when paquito says "already done the first day," that is sort of a hint. The action you must do prior to your game-over point should be performed that same day (Saturday).
redle
star of the reef

Postby DoomScythe » Mon, 15Aug10 13:16

Finally i past the detention room part, but now i'm lost again. How many pictures do i need to past the garden? Do i need to climb the tree? The only picture that i found was in the entrance of the house. The others in the house only have a description, don´t unlock any image. What do i need to do? Thank's
DoomScythe
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Mon, 15Aug10 16:27

It's probably an issue coming from you. All the pictures in the flat work perfectly. Try to restart adrift and use the "x" command for looking the pictures.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby DoomScythe » Tue, 15Aug11 08:09

I don't know again what to do or what to explore so i'm going to give up this game. I find it very difficult and far-fetched. To many choices and it's difficult to find the right one.
DoomScythe
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Tue, 15Aug11 09:02

True, this is a difficult game, but it's a challenge. That's why Serge's games are enjoyed by French players.

Your problem is that you aren't curious enough. You have to explore carrefully the flat. It's doable, some people managed to finish this demo. I already said that, but the English version is easier than the French one.

So, don't hesitate to move things...
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby razhiel79 » Tue, 15Aug11 19:56

Hello all, I am totally stuck again... I have 29 pictures and i am the the point where the game asks me to look through the western window. If i do that then i get the message that she isn't in the bathroom right now or something.
I have no clue how to proceed.

Thx in advance!
razhiel79
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Projects