My Math Teacher

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translation of one of Serge's game

Postby Michuncik » Thu, 15Aug13 16:27

I have problems with adrift 4 :( I can't play any games....it's not loading...I have win7 64-bit...any help how can I start games on adrift4??
adrift show me a message: error loading adventure (input of past end of file,62,8)
Michuncik
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug13 16:31

Did you try to reinstall Adrift?
You can also try to start adrift 4 before loading the game.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Michuncik » Thu, 15Aug13 16:36

now I will try to uninstall all adrift i have (3,9. 4 , 5) and try instal only adrift4
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby docx » Thu, 15Aug13 16:40

paquito wrote:All the pictures that you need are in Stéphanie's flat. But since people have issues with that, I will give you a hint; go up and do hesitate to move things.

I actually realized there is nothing to do with old key and found the photo prior to your answer, so i'm at 34 now, but now she says that i'm rude so... I think I'll take a brake for now
docx
sirens hunter

Postby Michuncik » Thu, 15Aug13 16:41

it not helps :( also i have SCARE...this program opens adrift games but without pictures...and don't have auto complete and i have problems with words...
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug13 16:45

@docx: what is the most basic politness when you come in someone's place?

@michuncik: what is the version that you just intalled? The release 52 - 53 or another one?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Michuncik » Thu, 15Aug13 16:46

realease 52
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug13 16:52

It's really weird... the game files should open at least...
Can you try on another computer?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Michuncik » Thu, 15Aug13 16:58

yes on my laptop...and it's the same problem...i don't know why....but thanks for help :)
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby bigchief » Thu, 15Aug13 17:45

paquito wrote:All the pictures that you need are in Stéphanie's flat. But since people have issues with that, I will give you a hint; go up and do hesitate to move things.

Do hesitate to move things? I went under the assumption this was a typo and you meant don't hesitate but having tried 'move ....' on everything in the kitchen and lounge nothing appears to move. Spare room is locked - have I missed a key? Found the old key and where that goes but that didn't seem to improve anything - I assume thats for a later day when other people are in the room.

It's driving me crazy now!

Also - everytime I enter a room or corridor in Stephanie's flat it pops up the picture box but it's empty. A bug?
bigchief
great white shark

Postby redle » Thu, 15Aug13 19:02

bigchief wrote:

Do hesitate to move things? I went under the assumption this was a typo and you meant don't hesitate but having tried 'move ....' on everything in the kitchen and lounge nothing appears to move. Spare room is locked - have I missed a key? Found the old key and where that goes but that didn't seem to improve anything - I assume thats for a later day when other people are in the room.

It's driving me crazy now!

Also - everytime I enter a room or corridor in Stephanie's flat it pops up the picture box but it's empty. A bug?

Can't say I've ever "move"d anything. As far as I know, by move he means, "take" and then "drop".

Other than that, you didn't actually mention what fail point you are stuck on, so I'm not sure what advice might be helpful.

As for a pop-up picture box, I play with my picture display portion of the window always visible and docked. With this setup I haven't come across such issues. I'd suggest trying that as a workaround.
redle
star of the reef

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug13 19:16

Yeah, my bad... Sometimes I think in French a bit too much... :p

For the picture box, I will check that. Actually I absolutly don't know if it's a bug, I play with the pictures in the main window.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Sephira » Thu, 15Aug13 20:30

Michuncik wrote:yes on my laptop...and it's the same problem...i don't know why....but thanks for help :)

Have you tried to start adrift 4 as administrator?
Sephira
sirens hunter

Postby khaaleth » Fri, 15Aug14 09:22

Problem with Adrift 4 is within localization. Just change windows settings for US or UK, restart computer and it will work
khaaleth
sirens hunter

Postby Serge » Fri, 15Aug14 09:42

bigchief wrote:Also - everytime I enter a room or corridor in Stephanie's flat it pops up the picture box but it's empty. A bug?

It is only for the previous image remains displayed permanently.
I created a black image to fix this problem
Serge
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to Projects