My Math Teacher

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translation of one of Serge's game

Postby Trucla » Sat, 15Oct31 22:35

nezumi69 wrote:
GreenApe wrote:I have some problem.
I'm trying to open the adrift file with adrift 52 and 53 and they both give me some error message:
"Error loading adventure - [Input past end of file,62,8]"
Anybody know what is this problem and what should i do?
Thanks

Well, unless something changed and wasn't added to the OP for this thread, the game requires Adrift 4 to play, not adrift 5. ;)
52 and 53 are both builds of Adrift 4. ;)
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby qwasddf » Sat, 15Oct31 23:55

I'm trying to open the adrift file with adrift 52 and 53 and they both give me some error message:
Thanks

Did you change your language for non-unicode program settings in your regional/language settings I got that same error when i switched off of english, probably just messes with a backslash or something in the code.
Last edited by qwasddf on Sun, 15Nov01 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
qwasddf
sirens hunter

Postby GreenApe » Sun, 15Nov01 02:56

qwasddf wrote:
Thanks

Did you change your unicode settings in your regional/language settings I got that same error when i switched off of english, probably just messes with a backslash or something in the code.

Yeah i tried it but the error is still there....
GreenApe
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Nov01 17:22

You can find the link for the second demo in the first post of the thread. There is less content in this version than I was expecting, I only added two days. Sorry....
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Michuncik » Fri, 15Nov06 13:07

what i must do with the coin in the start of detention class??
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby paquito » Fri, 15Nov06 13:12

Nothing special.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Michuncik » Fri, 15Nov06 13:15

so what i must do in the detention room to progress ;p i'm stuck, but if i write good morning miss, sit on seat and yes miss game end....what i miss??
Michuncik
great white shark

Postby paquito » Fri, 15Nov06 13:18

You missed something during your exploration, two actions (basic actions).
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby bobsuncle1 » Sun, 15Nov08 08:22

Hey Paquito, can you give us an update on how your going? If you don't want to no problems but I am really looking forward to the next part
bobsuncle1
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Nov08 12:18

The game is translated until the midday of Wednesday. But there is no spelling/grammar check for this particular day.

I need a bit of free time and motivation....
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Nov15 11:55

I would ask you something guy... Do you enjoy this game?

I feel a lack of enthusiasm from players and this project is very time consumming...

Last week, I translated about 150 sentences, but if it useless, I won't waste more time on this project. From the beginning, there are only few supporting messages, most of the messages were about flaws or difficulties. This project is huge, there are easily more than 30.000 sentences to translate. It also means that it is a huge waste of time if it's useless. Currently, I translated about 1/3 of the actual game (not the story line, it' more something like 25% in this case). The fist demo has been downloaded almost 1.000 times and the second has been downloaded about 250 times for now, but I have any feedback about this second part (released 2 weeks ago).

It's not a whim, I just don't want to spend my time in an useless project. I'm very busy this year, so it's quite difficult to find some free time for translating. If you are interested in this project, please let me know and I will try to achieve it step by step.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Mimailia » Sun, 15Nov15 12:43

First of all, you should be doing it because you ENJOY doing it. Second, I am one of the b*stards who haven't bothered to thank you, I apologize for that. THANK YOU!

I have always wanted to see one (or all) of Serge's games, but translating is a pain.

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Nov15 14:36

I didn't ask for thanks, but for feedbacks.... What is well done? What needs to be refined? This kind of stuff. I like translating, and I could do a quick translation without too much issues (and understandable one at least). But Serge's style is quite complicated, so I asked to Redle to improve the dialogues and descriptions after my translation. But it's difficult to see all issues because we are too implicated in the project, we don't have an objective vision. I would also add that the game is very difficult to deal with because of its construction, it's a real spaghetti bowl ( I am pretty sure that is a very exotic expression. ...). So searching for something in particular a long time after you did it is a real pain in the butt....
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby docx » Sun, 15Nov15 14:39

Hi, sorry for not replaying earlier after you posted update. I think you did great work with your second translation. It seemed much more logical than the first part, and while playing I had more difficulty to repeat steps from first part than playing the update. Also, I had no trouble to find the right words in the update, as I said it seemed more logical.

If you are considering whether to continue to translate or not you should focus more on if you like doing the job? There are always people who appreciate work done by other contributors that just don't write here on forum. There is always huge amount of lurkers on these type of forums. And you can count that there will be people who will discover your work in a year or two... So, there will always be interested parties to play the game.
docx
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Nov15 15:46

Thanks but it's not really my work, it's a real teamwork. The game heavily modified compared to the raw material, Serge and Redle are also involved in this translation. Concerning the fact you found the second part easier (more logical) it's probably because real difficulties begin the day after the end of the translation. Actually, the Wednesday is a very big day for the main character.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Projects