My Math Teacher

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translation of one of Serge's game

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Sep03 08:15

There is nothing to change? No mistakes or weird things?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby me3 » Thu, 15Sep03 18:49

paquito wrote:There is nothing to change? No mistakes or weird things?

Atm i can remember one thing, the missing "room description" for stephs hallway when you "look".
Honestly i haven't read the text in a "spelling and grammar nazi" way as years and years of having to read peoples personal variation of English has made me rather immune, long as it makes sense it's generally "fine"
me3
great white shark

Postby paquito » Fri, 15Sep04 07:05

I thought about really weird or obvious things, just like the "toilet cabins". Redle and me checked this demo a lot of times, but there are always some things that we forgot.

Concerning this issue of the disapearing descriptions, it's normal. Some rooms don't have the entire description at any moment in the original material (because it's simplier). But I can change that if you want.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Sep10 09:26

I just started the translation for the Wednesday day! I'm not dead yet!
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Sep26 07:51

I have some news guys. Let's start with the bad news, I had to take a job this year. In consequence, my free time is drastically reduced.... My plan was to release the complete game, but this appears quite difficult now.
The good news is that I will release the game step by step. The next release will be the following of the demo until the Wednesday day. This day is currently half translated, I will try to finish the second part before Halloween.

I'm really sorry guys...
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rexxx » Sat, 15Sep26 08:41

You haven't to be sorry, we are waiting for the game, but you are already doing this translation for free and the real life is always first.
The saves will be compatible with each version or we will need to begin the game fro the beginning each time ?
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Sep26 09:07

No, the saves won't work anymore.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby fleet » Sat, 15Sep26 18:41

"Let's start with the bad news, I had to take a job this year."

For many people getting a job is great news. [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Sep26 18:50

I'm student. And if a student can avoid to have a job it's better, in France anyway...

It's not really a "bad news" for me, but it is for this project. Currently I leave my home at 7 o'clock and I come back at 21 o'clock, and I still have to work on my studies. So I don't have a lot of free time for the translation.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby me3 » Thu, 15Oct29 19:38

paquito wrote:I have some news guys. Let's start with the bad news, I had to take a job this year. In consequence, my free time is drastically reduced.... My plan was to release the complete game, but this appears quite difficult now.
The good news is that I will release the game step by step. The next release will be the following of the demo until the Wednesday day. This day is currently half translated, I will try to finish the second part before Halloween.

I'm really sorry guys...

Since there doesn't seem to have been any updates to the thread in a while and Halloween is closing, is it looking like your planed updated is roughly on track?
me3
great white shark

Postby paquito » Fri, 15Oct30 09:07

I'm sorry... I completely forgot something in my plans... Currently, I'm in holidays but I have to help a friend with his wedding... But the good news is that I quit my job, so I will have more free time for the translation. Plus Halloween isn't that popular in France, So I completly forgot the date...

But if people can't want a bit, I can release a playable version of the game with the translation finished until the Wednesday morning. But I can do that only Sunday evening ( French hour) because I won't be in my place before that.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby me3 » Fri, 15Oct30 12:34

I wasn't really trying to rush you or anything, just that the thread went dead for a month. So more of a nudge to check for signs of life :P
me3
great white shark

Postby GreenApe » Fri, 15Oct30 13:26

I have some problem.
I'm trying to open the adrift file with adrift 52 and 53 and they both give me some error message:
"Error loading adventure - [Input past end of file,62,8]"
Anybody know what is this problem and what should i do?
Thanks
GreenApe
sirens hunter

Postby nezumi69 » Fri, 15Oct30 17:47

GreenApe wrote:I have some problem.
I'm trying to open the adrift file with adrift 52 and 53 and they both give me some error message:
"Error loading adventure - [Input past end of file,62,8]"
Anybody know what is this problem and what should i do?
Thanks

Well, unless something changed and wasn't added to the OP for this thread, the game requires Adrift 4 to play, not adrift 5. ;)
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby Sephira » Sat, 15Oct31 19:21

I would really like if you would release the next part. But no pressure [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Sephira
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Projects