My Math Teacher

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translation of one of Serge's game

Postby Ramirez™ » Fri, 15Aug21 10:27

Wow, that took quite some time to finish.
Had a few difficulties getting past but finally did.

Really looking forward to next part.
Pity 'my French is very basic so I cant play the full game now.
Ramirez™
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby paquito » Fri, 15Aug21 19:04

I'm glad you enjoyed this demo. I sent my translation for the thuesday (4th playable day) to Redle a few days ago.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Wader » Wed, 15Aug26 21:44

paquito wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed this demo. I sent my translation for the thuesday (4th playable day) to Redle a few days ago.

I think it's a dumb question, but since i'm not even a English speaker, I suck a these games, What is the first thing that i have to do after the "Yes Madam"? i can't go anywhere, i can't talk with her, so what am i doing wrong? (everything, since i cant pass the first phrase of the game).
Wader
great white shark

Postby redle » Wed, 15Aug26 23:48

Wader wrote:I think it's a dumb question, but since i'm not even a English speaker, I suck a these games, What is the first thing that i have to do after the "Yes Madam"? i can't go anywhere, i can't talk with her, so what am i doing wrong? (everything, since i cant pass the first phrase of the game).

Any time that the game doesn't suggest a command for you to type, you need to wander about on your own. The introduction that comes before the "Yes Madam" names many of the most common commands. In this particular case, the last two lines of text give you directions for your current task (get to class):
From the game wrote:Classrooms are to the South and up the stairs.

So, let's go.

Navigate yourself through the map by typing in the direction you wish to move (opening doors where necessary, if they are unlocked, although there are no doors blocking your path to the stairs). Paying attention to the map is often useful to see pathways from your current location (although the map doesn't indicate doors).

@paquito
This comment did make me notice that looking in the playground does not list the southern exit.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Wader » Thu, 15Aug27 03:59

paquito wrote:
Issho wrote:You have to type it without the question mark (seems a bug). I'm stuck after that. Have to unlock the door and type "ask mrs about key", bit it doesn't work

What?? After the chat in the Headmistress's office, just use "open d1" and "east".

By the way don't use " ask xxx about xxx", it's completely useless in this game.

How do I talk, since " ask xxx about xxx" doens't work?

redle wrote:
Wader wrote:I think it's a dumb question, but since i'm not even a English speaker, I suck a these games, What is the first thing that i have to do after the "Yes Madam"? i can't go anywhere, i can't talk with her, so what am i doing wrong? (everything, since i cant pass the first phrase of the game).
Any time that the game doesn't suggest a command for you to type, you need to wander about on your own. The introduction that comes before the "Yes Madam" names many of the most common commands. In this particular case, the last two lines of text give you directions for your current task (get to class):

i sitll can't play, could you be more specific, i just need the first "action" then i try do discover the rest.
Wader
great white shark

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug27 06:04

You have to go somewhere else, you can't spend the whole day in the playground. Use East, West, South, Northif you want to explore the school.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby artorawley » Thu, 15Aug27 09:19

paquito wrote:You have to go somewhere else, you can't spend the whole day in the playground. Use East, West, South, Northif you want to explore the school.

I'm in the same boat as Wader: I can't even do anything the second the game starts. Trying to go North, South, East, or West just says "I can't go in any direction!". I can examine things and people but I can't move or talk. I have never encountered this problem with any AIF game before so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I'm doing wrong that everyone else except me and Wander haven't tried. I'm playing this in ADRIFT 4.00, by the way.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug27 09:29

You can't talk to people with the command "ask xxx about yyy".
So basically your issue is after the command "yes madam"... How do you move your character? "go south"? "south"? "s" ? with the control panel?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby artorawley » Thu, 15Aug27 09:35

paquito wrote:You can't talk to people with the command "ask xxx about yyy".
So basically your issue is after the command "yes madam"... How do you move your character? "go south"? "south"? "s" ? with the control panel?

I figured movement was like every other AIF game and I just had to type "South" or "S", but it still brings up the same "I can't go in any direction!" message. "Go south" doesn't work either, neither does "walk south" or "move south". The Control Panel is greyed out and is unable to be used, and typing in "Help" brings up the usable commands and "South" does indeed show up on the list and so I'm still at a loss as to why this does not work.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug27 09:44

Hum... Did you input the "yes madam" command?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby artorawley » Thu, 15Aug27 09:50

paquito wrote:Hum... Did you input the "yes madam" command?

Oh wow, I had no idea that was a command I was supposed to type. I clicked the "Madam" before and it didn't do anything so I didn't even think about typing in "Yes Madam". Okay, that solves it.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug27 09:53

It's written in the introduction of the game, the "sentences" in bold are commands.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby azrael » Thu, 15Aug27 17:23

hi.

Today for the first time i play this game, and i must say great job to paquito for translate the game from french.

But, in the other side, i has been stuck in the game, it means, that i spy the skirt the english teacher, and she finds out and send me to the detention class in the saturday. In the Saturday, before going to detention class, i think i must find some clues for i hope can corrupt the teacher.

And i dont know where they are, someone can explain where they are, or i miss something important for the story??

Thanks!!!!
azrael
great white shark

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Aug27 17:37

Thanks, but Redle did a great job by rewritting my translation. The quality of my expression in English isn't that great, and my grammar is "bad".

Before going in detention, you have to explore a little bit. You also need a specific item. There are clues in games and on this thread. You have to get one specific item and to perform two actions in order to go further in the story.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby azrael » Thu, 15Aug27 18:15

paquito wrote:Thanks, but Redle did a great job by rewritting my translation. The quality of my expression in English isn't that great, and my grammar is "bad".

Before going in detention, you have to explore a little bit. You also need a specific item. There are clues in games and on this thread. You have to get one specific item and to perform two actions in order to go further in the story.

What is that specific item? And is in the Francoise flat?
azrael
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects