My Math Teacher

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Translation of one of Serge's game

Postby Mimailia » Sun, 15Nov15 15:51

paquito wrote:I didn't ask for thanks, but for feedbacks.... What is well done? What needs to be refined? This kind of stuff. I like translating, and I could do a quick translation without too much issues (and understandable one at least). But Serge's style is quite complicated, so I asked to Redle to improve the dialogues and descriptions after my translation. But it's difficult to see all issues because we are too implicated in the project, we don't have an objective vision. I would also add that the game is very difficult to deal with because of its construction, it's a real spaghetti bowl ( I am pretty sure that is a very exotic expression. ...). So searching for something in particular a long time after you did it is a real pain in the butt....

I haven't looked at the latest release yet, and the first has been quite some time since I played it, so I am a little fuzzy. But I remember it being very well done, for the most part. There were a few instances where the descriptions were vague, but I've done enough translating (usually Russian) to know that sometimes it is hard to interpret the meaning.
FWIW I use:

http://imtranslator.net/compare/french/ ... anslation/

Maybe you know of it, maybe you don't. Sometimes it helps to see four different translations side by side. On many occasions it has helped me to understand the "flavor" of a scene.

M

Edit: I should note that I enjoyed it enough, that I stopped playing in the hope that the ENTIRE game would be translated before I acquired "burnout" (a problem I suffer from).
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby Wader » Sun, 15Nov15 19:10

I think your translation it's really well done, I'm not a fluent english speaker but i don't have any difficulties with your translation. hope that my poor "feedback" helps you to keep translating the game.

ps:could you help me, where i have to hide on monday?
Wader
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby paquito » Sun, 15Nov15 20:09

Thanks to Redle, the translation looks like good one. Let's be honest, i'my not enough skilled to produce a good translation for people who speak English as a mother tongue.

I would want to know if some parts are weird or really too difficult. It's quite difficult to find a balance between clues and the global difficulty of this game. I add some clues here and there, but for me it's just too obvious.

You have to find an old item in Stéphanie's flat during the weekend. After that it's just a matter of logic, look for something that is locked for a very long time.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Wader » Sun, 15Nov15 20:33

paquito wrote:Thanks to Redle, the translation looks like good one. Let's be honest, i'my not enough skilled to produce a good translation for people who speak English as a mother tongue.

I would want to know if some parts are weird or really too difficult. It's quite difficult to find a balance between clues and the global difficulty of this game. I add some clues here and there, but for me it's just too obvious.

You have to find an old item in Stéphanie's flat during the weekend. After that it's just a matter of logic, look for something that is locked for a very long time.

I think your translation is very understandable for someone not fluent, but with some knowledge in english, i finished (don't know how)
i opened the hatch but have no idea how i acquired the old key

I haven't played before, because i thought that your tanslation would be finished on wednesnay morning on real life (I was traveling), not on game, it was a misunderstanding.
Wader
great white shark

Postby bobsuncle1 » Mon, 15Nov16 02:23

paquito wrote:I didn't ask for thanks, but for feedbacks.... What is well done? What needs to be refined? This kind of stuff. I like translating, and I could do a quick translation without too much issues (and understandable one at least). But Serge's style is quite complicated, so I asked to Redle to improve the dialogues and descriptions after my translation. But it's difficult to see all issues because we are too implicated in the project, we don't have an objective vision. I would also add that the game is very difficult to deal with because of its construction, it's a real spaghetti bowl ( I am pretty sure that is a very exotic expression. ...). So searching for something in particular a long time after you did it is a real pain in the butt....

Paquito and Redle, love the translation and Serge for the overall game. Though as you said you want want feedback i will give it too you; sometimes when you have no idea what do (see the spoiler for examples), the game gives no idea on how to continue and I know this is probably more of a Serge problem than yours but it is impossible to correct a mistake if you make one, and if you don't save regularly you have to start from the beginning if you make one. So a little advice to anyone starting to play this; save often.
Only opening curtains, taking the coin and getting the old key.

Also just a couple of bugs, x and examine don't do the same thing and you can climb up through a closed hatch.
bobsuncle1
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Mon, 15Nov16 05:19

Thanks! I will try to fix that.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Nov21 10:00

I just checked the issue with the hatch and I didn't find anything wrong.
Did someone else have the same problem?
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby bobsuncle1 » Sat, 15Nov21 13:59

paquito wrote:I just checked the issue with the hatch and I didn't find anything wrong.
Did someone else have the same problem?

Its not really a bug per say, it won't cause an error message but i was just saying if you type up without reopening the hatch you can climb up. If you type down after coming up from the hatch it will say it has to be opened first
bobsuncle1
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Nov21 15:10

It's weird... I will keep this in mind for later...
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Dole » Mon, 15Nov23 13:06

Is it possible that somebody give better hints that you solve the detention (1 on 2 day).

When I enter the detention the coin is vanished. Is this normal or a bug?

I read all and found nothing that help me. I use 4.53
Dole
star of the reef

Postby paquito » Mon, 15Nov23 13:11

If my memory is good, the coin is in your pocket. Use "x pants" to check.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Dole » Mon, 15Nov23 14:24

paquito wrote:If my memory is good, the coin is in your pocket. Use "x pants" to check.

No you answer is wrong !!! The coin is only in my pants when I be in the romm witch the vending machine when I go after this in the dentenion room it is vanished !!!
Dole
star of the reef

Postby bobsuncle1 » Tue, 15Nov24 03:44

Dole wrote:
paquito wrote:If my memory is good, the coin is in your pocket. Use "x pants" to check.

No you answer is wrong !!! The coin is only in my pants when I be in the room witch the vending machine when I go after this in the detention room it is vanished !!!

Hints in odd Numbered, spoilers solutions in even numbered spoilers (1 & 2 go together and 3 & 4 do to). This will only take you the point of something happening in detention.

after you buy the drink, take the coin

type "take coin" in the same room as the vending machine

Also there are things you want to do in Françoise's flat

open only the curtains

Also if you absolutely need help send me a pm and i can tell you what you are doing wrong to help out Paquito (I have finished all content in the current demo, which is 2)
bobsuncle1
sirens hunter

Postby xravensfan » Wed, 15Nov25 07:07

I can't get the coin... It won't let me buy the drinks from the vending machine... says they are not for sale...

Help?
xravensfan
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Wed, 15Nov25 07:15

buy tea/coffee/hot cocoa
paquito
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Projects