Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)[Updated - Feb 11th, 2017]

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)[Updated - Feb 11th, 2017]

Postby pizzacat » Sun, 15Mar22 09:51

Image


Hi everyone,
This is an h-game I've been working on for quite some time now.

There is quite a bit to the game but it include things such as the following: nice visuals, real-time combat, a dark story, and will have very strong sexual scenes. This is something like dark fantasy, though the purpose of this game isn't to focus on combat or medieval settings, you'll will probably understand the game a lot more once the first chapter is complete. The game is still in early development but this game will contain animated-sex.
This game will include a wide variety of fetishes, some of the planned fetishes include: M-F, yuri, femdom, futa, ntr, experimentation, monster-girl, gangbang, prostitution.

Image

Story:
Supported by the Princess of Karina, A former mercenary named Shouko, along with her band of former mercenaries, go on a desperate mission to rescue their friend who's has been sentenced to death.
Across the continent, Prince Lean's home kingdom of Elfina is brutally attacked and destroyed by the kingdom of Seuson. Prince Lean barely makes it to Minerva, where his childhood friend princess Mina rules.


Download:
You can always get the latest version of the game here: http://pizzacatmx.blogspot.com/

Ideas, questions, suggestions, and comments are welcome.
enjoy, I'll look forward to reading what you'll post. ^^
Last edited by pizzacat on Sat, 17Feb11 23:29, edited 2 times in total.
pizzacat
great white shark
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 15Mar22 09:05
sex: Masculine

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby blossom » Sun, 15Mar22 19:28

ooh... always exciting when I check in and find a new game of promise in this forum... I love RPG Maker games... downloading now, TY! :crazy:
User avatar
blossom
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 15Mar21 20:31
sex: Female

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby blossom » Sun, 15Mar22 23:17

Hmm... have never seen this battle system in RPG maker before... button mashing... it's not my cup of tea, but it does seem to implemented well. My complaint is that I've tried and failed multiple times... does not seem to be any loot when you kill soldiers. There's got to be some way to replenish HP... items, spells?
User avatar
blossom
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 15Mar21 20:31
sex: Female

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby pizzacat » Mon, 15Mar23 01:18

Thanks for playing. there's no healing items in the current version but might add some later, however at the start there's a girl to the left of you(Natalie) who can assist you through the whole battle if you talk to her, if an enemy comes after you, fall back and natalie will attack. Note that the battle system is still in development though.
pizzacat
great white shark
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 15Mar22 09:05
sex: Masculine

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby blossom » Mon, 15Mar23 12:12

Thanks, I actually managed to fight and defeat all soldiers without losing any HP... just needed to refine my technique of attracting attention, withdrawing tactically and then spam-attacking rapidly before the enemy can lay a single hit. Reached the end of current content... I LOVED the storyline, it's really well thought out... hope to see more soon! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
User avatar
blossom
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 15Mar21 20:31
sex: Female

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby Dole » Tue, 15Mar24 20:28

1. I don´t like the fighting style too. I think it is only luck when you don´t die (archer and at the beginning aso from the soldiers).

2. When you are the prince the save picture looks like you are a woman and not a man.

3. Aso here (the most of RPG Maker Games) you can move about a lot of furniture (I don´t remember if you can go aso about walls) and some furniture you can´t reach (something is before it [I played it for a few days so I don´t remember an example in the Game, so maybe when you see a bed and you can´t reach it and so on). I think it is the place you rest before you are the prince you can come/move to the hill/rock (sw,no way to climb or so) when you move from north to south (last picture) it looks very strange.

4. I don´t talked to the woman (apperars near your room) in the castle and go to bath and end.

5. Maybe you can also tell the player if he can find things without story then I found nothing and I looked around at all places.

6. For a Demo it looks for me that it don´t tell me what the future of the Game can be and the different is from other Games. I see no adult pics/story/flirting for a H Game so I can´t see if I would like the style or so (normal as prince you can do all because in the future you are the king).

I told before I don´t like the fighting style aso I don´t know what is the difference when I got stronger with a level up (45/50) a lot of Games I played I don´t like the system after the leveling up.

Aso I don´t like switches between people so I am a classic player that love more to play a Hero and only in a few Games to play a heroine.

So I have only a story and good looking pictures (I haven´t seen any H pics so I can´t say anything about it) that I have aso by a lot of other RPG Game Maker Games.
Dole
star of the reef
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue, 09Jun02 23:00

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby pizzacat » Wed, 15Mar25 03:05

blossom wrote:Thanks, I actually managed to fight and defeat all soldiers without losing any HP... just needed to refine my technique of attracting attention, withdrawing tactically and then spam-attacking rapidly before the enemy can lay a single hit. Reached the end of current content... I LOVED the storyline, it's really well thought out... hope to see more soon! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]


Thank you so much, that's one of the nicest things I've heard about this game, it look alot of time to make this. I'm currently working on the next build, I can't give release date yet since I'm really busy right now but I'll have more free-time again to make it next month.
Thanks again, I'll try my best ^^

Dole wrote:1. I don´t like the fighting style too. I think it is only luck when you don´t die (archer and at the beginning aso from the soldiers).

2. When you are the prince the save picture looks like you are a woman and not a man.

3. Aso here (the most of RPG Maker Games) you can move about a lot of furniture (I don´t remember if you can go aso about walls) and some furniture you can´t reach (something is before it [I played it for a few days so I don´t remember an example in the Game, so maybe when you see a bed and you can´t reach it and so on). I think it is the place you rest before you are the prince you can come/move to the hill/rock (sw,no way to climb or so) when you move from north to south (last picture) it looks very strange.

4. I don´t talked to the woman (apperars near your room) in the castle and go to bath and end.

5. Maybe you can also tell the player if he can find things without story then I found nothing and I looked around at all places.

6. For a Demo it looks for me that it don´t tell me what the future of the Game can be and the different is from other Games. I see no adult pics/story/flirting for a H Game so I can´t see if I would like the style or so (normal as prince you can do all because in the future you are the king).

I told before I don´t like the fighting style aso I don´t know what is the difference when I got stronger with a level up (45/50) a lot of Games I played I don´t like the system after the leveling up.

Aso I don´t like switches between people so I am a classic player that love more to play a Hero and only in a few Games to play a heroine.

So I have only a story and good looking pictures (I haven´t seen any H pics so I can´t say anything about it) that I have aso by a lot of other RPG Game Maker Games.


Thanks for playing and taking your time to write feedback!
1) the real-time battle system could take some time to get used to compared to the traditional turn-based system, it's using the best RTB system i've seen on VXAce. It actually can be very easy to use once you get the hang of it, I chose it because I generally prefer real-time battling due to interactions and it seemed to go well with this game.

2) I'm probably going to change his pause menu pic a little bit.

3) Do you mean collision/clipping errors, like you can go through objects your not suppose to? I noticed this right after I released the current version, I've fixed all the ones I've found so it shouldn't do that in the next release.

4) Oh, you don't have to talk to that person, talking to that person is optional .

5) I'll post a guide later for people who are having trouble getting through the game.

6) right now the plan is the h-content will start on the 3rd release of the game. I really wanted to include it in the current version for everyone to see, but that would have been impossible without rushing the game which would hurt the story. The game will include both CG pics and animated-sex. Sorry it's not in the current build, it took a whole lot to put this game together but sex will be in the 3rd release.

Basically when you level up your character's statistics goes up, which makes you able to defeat enemies with fewer attacks, improve your defense against attacks, and other things.
Well both Shouko and Lean are important to the story, that's part of the reason I decided to focus on 2 characters now. Once the first chapter is completed people will probably be able to understand this game a lot more.

Again thanks you for all your feedback. ^^
pizzacat
great white shark
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 15Mar22 09:05
sex: Masculine

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby jfrancois323 » Wed, 15Mar25 20:21

personnally, i try it almost 20 times and i always die in the first fight, at the start of the game. sometime i beat 2-3 enemies, sometime only 1

so it start to be annoying!!
jfrancois323
star of the reef
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon, 11May02 04:56

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby pizzacat » Thu, 15Mar26 02:23

jfrancois323 wrote:personnally, i try it almost 20 times and i always die in the first fight, at the start of the game. sometime i beat 2-3 enemies, sometime only 1

so it start to be annoying!!


Thanks for playing, sorry you're having trouble.
While someone's talking onscreen you can hold down the Shift key to fast-scroll text, also after they finish talking you can pause and save the game then if you die you can load the game and start after the dialog. At the start of the battle if you talk to the girl to the left of Shouko she will assist you with the battle(though you may already be doing this...). The best time to attack an enemy is right after they attack, they will pause for a moment leaving themselves opened, just back away for a moment when they charge at you. Anyways, if the battle difficultly becomes a big problem, I will make it easier. I will also see about the idea of creating an "easy" mode. Note that the battle system is still in progress though.

Thanks you for your feedback! ^^
pizzacat
great white shark
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 15Mar22 09:05
sex: Masculine

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby jfrancois323 » Thu, 15Mar26 07:28

pizzacat wrote:
jfrancois323 wrote:personnally, i try it almost 20 times and i always die in the first fight, at the start of the game. sometime i beat 2-3 enemies, sometime only 1

so it start to be annoying!!


Thanks for playing, sorry you're having trouble.
While someone's talking onscreen you can hold down the Shift key to fast-scroll text, also after they finish talking you can pause and save the game then if you die you can load the game and start after the dialog. At the start of the battle if you talk to the girl to the left of Shouko she will assist you with the battle(though you may already be doing this...). The best time to attack an enemy is right after they attack, they will pause for a moment leaving themselves opened, just back away for a moment when they charge at you. Anyways, if the battle difficultly becomes a big problem, I will make it easier. I will also see about the idea of creating an "easy" mode. Note that the battle system is still in progress though.

Thanks you for your feedback! ^^


the major problems, is the fact that with this battle system, we got the impression of virtually no control over the fight, look like "flip a coin" you win, he die, you lose youre dead.

since this is the begining of the game, the rest will be a lot more harder
jfrancois323
star of the reef
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon, 11May02 04:56

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby Duder » Thu, 15Mar26 09:28

I think you spelled "hymen" wrong!
Duder
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 14May12 19:08
sex: Masculine

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby Greebo » Thu, 15Mar26 12:04

Yeah -- "hymn" is a song of praise, while "hymen" can be a screech of pain, depending on its toughness and how intact it is! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

Both have the same Greek root, Hymen, the god of marriage. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
User avatar
Greebo
Great Master of corals
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Mon, 08Jan21 00:00
Location: England
sex: Masculine

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby pizzacat » Fri, 15Mar27 02:01

jfrancois323 wrote:the major problems, is the fact that with this battle system, we got the impression of virtually no control over the fight, look like "flip a coin" you win, he die, you lose youre dead.

since this is the begining of the game, the rest will be a lot more harder


I've played the beginning of the game many times and each time I can win without getting hit once, I've now also seen it played by 2 others who can complete it without getting hit as well. It's not an issue of luck. I like the battle system but I will see about making it easier.

Duder wrote:I think you spelled "hymen" wrong!

Greebo wrote:Yeah -- "hymn" is a song of praise, while "hymen" can be a screech of pain, depending on its toughness and how intact it is! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Both have the same Greek root, Hymen, the god of marriage. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]


Oh, I know, but it's not spelled wrong. A few people have mistaken it for the word hymen(like the membrane in virgin girls) but I always intended it to be the word Hymn, it was never suppose to be the word "Hymen".
Thanks for noticing it though guys. ^^
pizzacat
great white shark
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun, 15Mar22 09:05
sex: Masculine

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 15Mar27 03:12

pizzacat wrote:
jfrancois323 wrote:the major problems, is the fact that with this battle system, we got the impression of virtually no control over the fight, look like "flip a coin" you win, he die, you lose youre dead.

since this is the begining of the game, the rest will be a lot more harder


I've played the beginning of the game many times and each time I can win without getting hit once, I've now also seen it played by 2 others who can complete it without getting hit as well. It's not an issue of luck. I like the battle system but I will see about making it easier.


maybe the system is so unclear for me, because i dont understand it at all!
jfrancois323
star of the reef
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon, 11May02 04:56

Re: Broken Hymn (RPG Maker VX Ace)

Postby fastfalcon » Sat, 15Mar28 20:43

I died a few times in the opening fight too before I started moving around to throw off the attackers a little. If you just stand face to face and spam attack you will die before getting to the end.

I also died to an archer when I tried to time it to run behind my companion. The arrow passed harmlessly through him and killed me. LOL!

Promising game though, I hope you stick with it!
fastfalcon
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 13Nov22 01:07
sex: Masculine

Next

Return to Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

eXTReMe Tracker