Haunted Island 2 - Alpha Version

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Haunted Island 2 - Alpha Version

Postby arnii » Sun, 14Sep07 22:07

Hello all,

Alpha version for testing.

http://www.arniigames.eu/dev-haunted2.php

I'm particularly looking for feedback on:

• Any javascript errors - please copy the console text if possible
  • Any other errors which stop the game from progressing
  • Any glitches with the graphics (I am aware of a few already)
  • Any typos, grammatical errors, positioning or direction of speech bubbles etc...
  • Slow loading or resource issues (this is considerably bigger that the previous episode)

I am working on the following features that will be added shortly, your input would be useful:

• Additional interactivity. I would like to break up some of the scenes a bit.
  • Leaderboard for best score and best time for the two mini-games
  • Offline version (possibly as a paid-for item)

Anyway, I've sunk a few hours into this project now, so I hope people like what I have done.

Arnii

p.s. If you are stuck or want to re-visit a certain scene - reveal below:

Add "?startscene=SCENE_NUMBER" to the url and refresh browser to navigate to the scene of your choice. SCENE_NUMBER should be replaced with an integer between 0-19. (Scene 5 is the ball game)

***UPDATE***
Thanks to all for helping me test. Full game is now on my website http://arniigames.eu/haunted2.php - If you want to still help test the game then continue using the development link as that will produce better error messages.
Last edited by arnii on Sun, 14Sep14 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
arnii
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Haunted Island 2 - Alpha Version

Postby Blackstealth87 » Mon, 14Sep08 00:37

The JetSki game sucks, played them 100 times and can´t win, max one of five rounds.
Blackstealth87
Pilot fish

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Sep08 01:37

Blackstealth87 wrote:The JetSki game sucks, played them 100 times and can´t win, max one of five rounds.

Probably more accurate to say that you suck at the jet ski game. I can adjust the difficulty, but I want it to be challenging - if more people are finding this too hard I will adjust the settings.
arnii
great white shark

Postby pyepye » Mon, 14Sep08 14:37

can't pass the jet ski game
pyepye
Pilot fish

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Sep08 18:18

Ok, I have made the jet ski game a little bit easier.

Direct link http://arniigames.eu/dev-haunted2.php?startscene=10

Also: known issue, hint system not functioning right now.
arnii
great white shark

Postby fleet » Mon, 14Sep08 18:23

I was going to comment on the jet ski mini-game being too hard, but I see you said you've made it easier. I'll comment after re-playing it.

Here are some typos I noticed .
When Hannah and Lucy are outside the house after Hannah fucks the ghost, Hannah says to Lucy, "You seem to have enjoyes the show." I think you meant "You seem to have enjoyed the show."

Hannah then continues, "your going to need a new pair of panties:. I think you mean "You're going to need a new pair of panties"

Lucy says, " Well, I'm curious as to why your boyfriend dissapeared." "Disappeared" is misspelled.

When Hannah and Lucy are in the bathroom (prior to Hannah entering the shower), Lucy says, "Wow hannah just wow. Your like horny all the time aren't you" It should be ""Wow Hannah just wow. You're like horny all the time, aren't you?"

In the bathroom scene, when Hannah has her back to the camera, Lucy says "Same gost" "Ghost" is misspelled.

When Amy wakes up she theks "Good job I bought my little friend" I think you meant "Good thing I brought my little friend."

When Brad and Elsie are on the beach (before they meet Jerry) Brad says "It's nice being up in te morning" I think you meant "It's nice being up in the morning"
Later Elise says "Your so silly. I'm terrible at that game and your so good." It should read "You're so silly. I'm terrible at that game and you're so good."

After they meat Jerry, Elise asks "Whose the lucky girl?" It should read "Who's the lucky girl?"

At Chloe's jet ski rental shack, Zach says "Nothing much. Can you take us oout to Cutlass Island later?" "Out" is misspelled.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby nezumi69 » Mon, 14Sep08 18:34

Using IE9, the game interface doesn't load. The rest of the page and links seem to load, but where the game window should be, there's just the pink background. No error or indicator saying it's trying to load comes up. The link for your new mini game test page (in the other topic) does the same thing. The first HI game loaded and played just fine as far as I could tell, although I haven't tried to play it again recently.
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Sep08 20:35

nezumi69 wrote:Using IE9, the game interface doesn't load. The rest of the page and links seem to load, but where the game window should be, there's just the pink background. No error or indicator saying it's trying to load comes up. The link for your new mini game test page (in the other topic) does the same thing. The first HI game loaded and played just fine as far as I could tell, although I haven't tried to play it again recently.

This may be a resource issue. HI2 uses a few large spritesheets - I will investigate.
arnii
great white shark

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Sep08 20:48

Thanks fleet - corrections made.
arnii
great white shark

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Sep08 21:10

nezumi69 wrote:Using IE9, the game interface doesn't load. The rest of the page and links seem to load, but where the game window should be, there's just the pink background. No error or indicator saying it's trying to load comes up. The link for your new mini game test page (in the other topic) does the same thing. The first HI game loaded and played just fine as far as I could tell, although I haven't tried to play it again recently.

Ok, so after a bit of investigation it turns out that IE9 doesn't support typed arrays in JS - which I use a few times. Can't really do anything about that I'm afraid. IE10 upwards have good support.
arnii
great white shark

Postby fleet » Mon, 14Sep08 21:29

Successfully completed the revised ski jump mini game on the sixth round (still fairly difficult). You might want to add a skip mini game button in addition to the restart button.

Hannah and Lucy at the beach after leaving Amy at the tub.
Hannah says, "I wouldn't rule him out on is geekiness myself." It should read "I wouldn't rule him out on his geekiness myself."

Hannah and Lucy watching Jerry masturbate, Hannah says, "Yeah but if it your right about it being the crew" It would read better if she said "Yeah but if you're right about it being the crew"

When Hannah and Lucy confront Jerry, Hannah says "Well hello there mr ghost" It should read "Well, hello there, Mr. Ghost."

On the big boat, one of the women says "Ok, great. Theres a pier to the south of the island." It should be "Ok, great. There's a pier on the south side of the island."

Very respectfully,
fleet
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby kexter » Mon, 14Sep08 22:25

To everyone having a hard time beating the jet ski minigame, try to take it slowly - she basically falls off every other time (if not every time as it just happened as I checked the modified/easier version).
@kextercius
kexter

Postby fleet » Tue, 14Sep09 00:09

I don't think she falls off that frequently. I just played six rounds again, and I actually beat her to the finish line for my three wins.
Clearly going too fast will cause you to wipe out, but if you're near the end, go as fast as you can.
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby ltpika » Tue, 14Sep09 01:48

Great game, I had one hick-up. After the Aunt's fantasy and we cut back to her in the tub, the next dialogue bubble did not pop up. Playing it on Windows 7 in Chrome. I managed to get past it by skipping to the scene and it ran properly.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Tue, 14Sep09 03:07

arnii wrote:Ok, so after a bit of investigation it turns out that IE9 doesn't support typed arrays in JS - which I use a few times. Can't really do anything about that I'm afraid. IE10 upwards have good support.

Have you thought about using a shim like this one to add support of Typed Arrays to IE9.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Next

Return to Projects