Haunted Island Game - Testing & Opinions

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Haunted Island Game - Testing & Opinions

Postby arnii » Tue, 14Jun24 12:48

Mimailia wrote:
karrek wrote:Hannah A, Amy B.

I agree, though I question why you left out the CUTE niece.

Got through the game and enjoyed your effort, but encountered most all problems listed here.

M

Which problems in particular did you encounter? And what setup are you using?
arnii
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby jfrancois323 » Tue, 14Jun24 20:18

arnii wrote:Thanks to everybody who has helped me debug and test this game. I am no longer going to make any major changes to the gameplay, but please let me know if you are still getting errors. In general there are some resource issues that particularly effect Firefox and mobile devices with limited memory (although I managed to play the game to the end on Ipad and iphone).

As a thanks you to all those who have given me feedback, I am attaching two images which give a sneak preview of the next chapter. I am giving two possible outfit options for Amy and Hannah - if you feel like having an input on the next game please vote for your favourite. I will only count votes from members who have given me feedback.

Hannah Nightwear:

Amy Daywear

I'll close the vote in a few days.

Thanks,

Arnii

personally B & B
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby whynot » Tue, 14Jun24 22:59

Hi Arnii,

It works fine, only if I don't use the Hint key.
And never, I can drag. It doesn't work ! I have to use Tab key.

For translation, JSON file is good for me.
You can send in PM

Thanks for Hanna's adding (on the stone) !
whynot
great white shark

Postby arnii » Tue, 14Jun24 23:30

Another update.

Website is now designed. And a leaderboard has been added. All beginning to take shape now
Last edited by arnii on Wed, 14Jun25 02:13, edited 2 times in total.
arnii
great white shark

Postby Mimailia » Wed, 14Jun25 00:31

arnii wrote:Which problems in particular did you encounter? And what setup are you using?

Firefox 21.0 before you put in the new scene toward the end. Didn't run into anything that hasn't already been mentioned. Straps worked fine, just as I would expect them to. Had to TAB past the blonde on the beach. She said something about advancing, but I inadvertently clicked before I could read so I don't know if I missed a clue or not. The Ball game was cool, but time ran out by the time I got a handle on what to do (I was spamming to get yellow before I saw the green).

The Sex game felt like Pusooy. My wrist was sore, and I never really felt in control. Sometimes I thought I was doing something, sometimes I felt like the game was on auto-pilot. Either way, it distracted from the scene, not a game play element that I am a big fan of. (A la Indigo Prophecy [Fahrenheit], Heavy Rain, etc.)

I enjoyed it fine nonetheless. More impressed with your willingness learn and make it better.

Much luck,

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby arnii » Thu, 14Jun26 10:54

Ok, votes are in - pretty unanimous:

Hannah -option A
Amy -option B

Thanks for voting
arnii
great white shark

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 14Jun27 02:49

Amy A with B shoes will be nice too!!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby arnii » Sat, 14Jun28 00:11

Hi guys,

I am at the point where I would like to promote this game a bit. Does anyone have any tips on how I might go about doing this, good sites to contact etc?

I appreciate this might be a slow process, and another couple of games on my site will help - but I would like to start anyway.

Thanks,

Arnii

Ps. Whoever TheCaptain7 is, I salute you. I made the game and have never hit a score that high [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
arnii
great white shark

Postby t1nm@n » Sat, 14Jun28 09:10

The dragging game is just god-awful. I haven't tried it on a tablet, but on PC it is just the worst.

And...

In this scene she looks like a mummified corpse.

Sorry for being so negative.
t1nm@n
great white shark

Postby arnii » Sat, 14Jun28 14:20

t1nm@n wrote:The dragging game is just god-awful. I haven't tried it on a tablet, but on PC it is just the worst.

I assume you mean the hearts game? Well I guess any feedback is useful. Would probably be more useful to say exactly what you didn't like, was it difficult for you to play? Was the browser performance bad? Or did you just not like the game/concept? These are more useful comments for me. Anyway, this has been the most problematic part of the game so far, and I think it will be dropped from episode 2 in favour of a couple of other mini-games I have been developing. Mind you, plenty of people are getting decent scores so this game is working well for some people at least.

And...

In this scene she looks like a mummified corpse.

Sorry for being so negative.

Yep, this render was problematic. I wanted a twilight/dusk effect - but it doesn't look great, I have already done a replacement scene which will be in place in the next update. But for now here's a sneak peak:

Thanks,

Arnii
arnii
great white shark

Postby wagner » Sun, 14Jun29 04:51

arnii wrote:
t1nm@n wrote:The dragging game is just god-awful. I haven't tried it on a tablet, but on PC it is just the worst.

I assume you mean the hearts game? Well I guess any feedback is useful. Would probably be more useful to say exactly what you didn't like, was it difficult for you to play? Was the browser performance bad? Or did you just not like the game/concept?

I think the problem is just that there is no feedback of whether you're too fast or too slow. Typical assumption would be to time things to precisely line up with the animation, meaning as soon as the animation sequence ends, you trigger it again. This only yields one heart. You basically have to screw up to figure out that you get more points by going slower, and it takes longer to find the pace.
wagner
great white shark

Postby arnii » Sun, 14Jun29 20:26

wagner wrote:
I think the problem is just that there is no feedback of whether you're too fast or too slow. Typical assumption would be to time things to precisely line up with the animation, meaning as soon as the animation sequence ends, you trigger it again. This only yields one heart. You basically have to screw up to figure out that you get more points by going slower, and it takes longer to find the pace.

Good idea. Next update will include this feature. Also adjusted the animation speeds so that they should be in line with the speed you need to use - although I notice that the speed of the animation varies depending on what setup you use.
arnii
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 14Jun30 01:57

arnii wrote:Good idea. Next update will include this feature. Also adjusted the animation speeds so that they should be in line with the speed you need to use - although I notice that the speed of the animation varies depending on what setup you use.

Have you thought about using a horizontal mouse motion instead of a vertical one?

People have a tendency to rest their wrist on a surface when using a mouse, because of this they generally have better horizontal than vertical movement, as moving your wrist side to side is easier than using the fingers to move the mouse forward / backward.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby arnii » Mon, 14Jun30 14:55

Greyelf wrote:
arnii wrote:Good idea. Next update will include this feature. Also adjusted the animation speeds so that they should be in line with the speed you need to use - although I notice that the speed of the animation varies depending on what setup you use.

Have you thought about using a horizontal mouse motion instead of a vertical one?

People have a tendency to rest their wrist on a surface when using a mouse, because of this they generally have better horizontal than vertical movement, as moving your wrist side to side is easier than using the fingers to move the mouse forward / backward.

Yeah, I tried that out, but felt the vertical movement was slightly better across a range of devices.
arnii
great white shark

Postby jfrancois323 » Tue, 14Jul01 20:08

i retry the game after i see that you have done many chages & the game is much more better!! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
jfrancois323
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Projects