Haunted Island Game - Testing & Opinions

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Haunted Island Game - Testing & Opinions

Postby whynot » Wed, 14Jun18 22:44

It doesn't work ! Nothing !
whynot
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby whynot » Wed, 14Jun18 22:52

Now i can see the circles, but nothing happends
whynot
great white shark

Postby arnii » Wed, 14Jun18 22:55

whynot wrote:Now i can see the circles, but nothing happends

Do you have access to the javascript console? If so can you see if there are any errors. Also are you using full-screen mode?
arnii
great white shark

Postby whynot » Wed, 14Jun18 23:02

Any error on javaConsole.
I try window mode and full-screen mode, but it's the same
whynot
great white shark

Postby whynot » Wed, 14Jun18 23:13

I am going to sleep. Bye
whynot
great white shark

Postby arnii » Wed, 14Jun18 23:29

kaelmi wrote:
whynot wrote:I can't find any point to drag on the bikini.
Sorry for my poor english (I'm french)

Great game and very good design !

me too pity!

I have added a skip feature - so you should be able to go to next scene:

The TAB key will advance to the next frame (use sparingly)
arnii
great white shark

Postby fleet » Wed, 14Jun18 23:35

arnii wrote:I'm thinking I might put a hint system so that people don't get too stuck - maybe I might have a score penalty if people use the hint - what do you think?

Adding a hint system is an excellent idea. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Penalizing a player for using it is not a good idea. [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img]

How do I get the 'circles' to appear? :??:

Pressing the Tab key doesn't do anything. [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby ltpika » Thu, 14Jun19 02:07

Got stuck. I lost the boat minigame, when the game took me back to it i am unable to progress. The timer is stuck at 60 and the bar does not fill. The little dot is permanently green, though it still moves.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby M » Thu, 14Jun19 02:51

Interesting start, definitely needs a little polish. I had to use the skip feature to make it through the click and drag sections I encountered, and then the whole thing locked up towards the end of the Pichu sex scene.

Oh, and I was playing it in Firefox 24.0 on Windows.
M
lagoon predator

Postby ltpika » Thu, 14Jun19 04:38

The game freezes on the bikini scene (you can tell because the text is stuck mid-fade.) Don't know if that's the case with Pichu.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby redle » Thu, 14Jun19 06:11

Using firefox (29, guess I should upgrade to 30 here shortly), but can't progress at the pull strings point either. I do not see the circles of which you speak, nor does tab do anything. Problem appears to be line 238 of scene.js and frameData supposedly being null (well, undefined). Reloaded the page a few times and eventually tab worked (I think the null was causing the tab failure), still never saw circles or could drag anything.

Haven't played through all the way yet as I started commenting do to the the bikini bug. The graphics look good and the story is starting out entertaining. As for game mechanics:
I'm not sure if you've just got a very, very small hot spot, but even the previous scene to move from the first beach spot seems overly difficult. After clicking what I'd consider the likely options over and over, eventually I'm forced to just blindly wave my mouse back and forth all over the screen repeatedly until eventually I magically move on (suppose it's possible I just don't hold down the button long enough, as the book click certainly required an overly long wait). Even knowing basically where I want to click this is still what I end up needing to do to pass it. Click and hold with no feedback to say I'm doing it right isn't a great plan.

As for the timing games I have several issues. First, I'm not a fan of adult oriented games that every time an adult event takes place I am forced by the game to not watch the action. Second, browsers aren't really designed for time critical control, so lag and timing issues can appear from time to time and make such things near impossible for some people. Third, I'm clicking away playing the game and suddenly text bubbles show up under my mouse and are gone before I even realized they were there. It's story driven, would be nice if I didn't miss part of the story simply because of game mechanics.

Seems like a nice start so far, but I'd certainly prefer some changes to gameplay.
redle
star of the reef

Postby flinter5215 » Thu, 14Jun19 12:19

The artwork is awesome and the storyline is promising.
I first got stuck with Lucy alone in the house, your cheat with the tab key sorted that for me and I had no trouble finding the hot spot after that.
On the beach with Hanna I found the hot spot fairly soon but I too am having trouble with the bikini strings and the tab key doesn't rescue me here.
I really, really want to progress and see more of these three ( hoping that Amy won't miss all the fun ) Do think that Lucy is more of a Hannah and Hanna more of a Lucy.
flinter5215
great white shark

Postby ltpika » Thu, 14Jun19 19:34

AGAIN. Since people can't read. Nobody has done the bikini scene, because it's BROKEN. The game is frozen...the only way to pass it is to hit tab immediately when that screen appears.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby fleet » Thu, 14Jun19 20:34

I think we can all agree that the game needs some serious work. It looks like arnii has not been on the site for 20 hours. Until he posts that he's changed something, replaying is probably an exercise in futility.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby whynot » Thu, 14Jun19 20:53

I agree Fleet, because I founded another bug on the boat sequence.
When I failed, the game returned on the ball mini-game, but the ball was yellow and I could'nt change the colour.

Wait and see !

But the design is great and the scenario seems good !
Bravo Arnii !
whynot
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Projects