game project: room 112

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

game project: room 112

Postby BobbyTally » Fri, 14Apr25 23:03

Hi everybody,

I am a big fan a sharks games and many other games announced on this forum. Recently I had time and little money to spend so I created my own game. It's a html visual novel. I have developed the first part by myself (programmation and art) and I would like to submit it to your comments and reviews. If you are interested in helping me by improving dialogs and translating please let me know (english is not my mother tongue so help for english corrections would be much appreciated).

If your feedbacks are positive I will develop next parts of the game. For this any help will be very welcome for dialogs and testings (and even art). Please PM me if you are interested.

download link v0.1.1 (to play offline): http://www.mediafire.com/download/uuczu ... v0.1.1.zip or http://ul.to/qx4piyff

update 0.1.2: full download --> http://ul.to/np2izjay
updater v0.1.1to v0.1.2 --> http://ul.to/39jkirc4 (unzip and copy/paste in your v0.1.1 directory)

update 0.1.3: full download --> http://ul.to/buocothy
updater v0.1.1/v0.1.2 to v0.1.3 --> http://www.mediafire.com/download/dmk5g ... v0.1.3.zip or http://ul.to/l9b9qg9s (unzip and copy/paste in your v0.1.1/v0.1.2 directory)

update 1.0.2
download the game to play offline at http://ul.to/gbxoi5rr. Launch index.html in firefox.
online link: http://www.bobbytally.byethost12.com (the server seems to be very slow)

update 1.0.3 (bug correction)
full game: http://ul.to/dsyekqpc
updater from v1.0.2 (extract archive in the game directory): http://ul.to/nz9rp67y

The game has been developed and tested with firefox. Online version seems to work fine in chrome but offline version does not because of security issue (actually you need to disable same origin policy with the command line <path to chrome\chrome.exe --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-web-security>). The game has not been tested at all on other browsers.

Hope you will enjoy.

cheers
BobbyTally
Last edited by BobbyTally on Sat, 15Feb28 22:18, edited 14 times in total.
BobbyTally
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: game project: room 112

Postby ltpika » Sat, 14Apr26 00:51

Wow! That was great. I love the presentation and your 3D models are excellent.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Sat, 14Apr26 01:39

Excellent so far, and the posing looks quite good to me.

I would suggest remove (clothing) rather than undress (clothing), but apart from that the English wording appears to be pretty good. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Super » Sat, 14Apr26 01:44

Pretty good so far, will echo Greebo's suggestion of "Remove" rather than "Undress". But otherwise good. Want to see what you've got in store.

Is there anything beyond getting undressed and going to bed at the moment?
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Sat, 14Apr26 01:49

Superawesomemans wrote:Is there anything beyond getting undressed and going to bed at the moment?

You mean you haven't seen all the forks yet? Look for alternatives! ;)
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby BobbyTally » Sat, 14Apr26 01:50

Thank you for your positive comments. I really appreciate.
BobbyTally
great white shark

Postby Super » Sat, 14Apr26 02:29

Greebo wrote:
Superawesomemans wrote:Is there anything beyond getting undressed and going to bed at the moment?

You mean you haven't seen all the forks yet? Look for alternatives! ;)

But I tried hovering my mouse all over the screen. And I can't press tab to go through all the options like in most HTML games XD

Oh well, now that I know there is more, I'll try searching more... later.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby whynot » Sat, 14Apr26 02:42

Bravo pour le graphisme.
Le jeu est très sympa.

Il reste quelques coquilles dans les textes (en français). Je peux aider pour proposer une correction (en MP).

Sinon, c'est vraiment excellent !
whynot
great white shark

Postby Delru » Sat, 14Apr26 09:24

Good game, some zone can be a bit small to find without hints (looking at the missed pictures).

Is there a time limit for the door knock? I saw a white text "door" on my first TV path but never found it again when moving back the mouse over the door before replaying.
Delru
great white shark

Postby BobbyTally » Sat, 14Apr26 10:59

Delru wrote:Is there a time limit for the door knock? I saw a white text "door" on my first TV path but never found it again when moving back the mouse over the door before replaying.

Yes there is a time limit.
BobbyTally
great white shark

Postby BobbyTally » Sat, 14Apr26 11:04

Superawesomemans wrote:But I tried hovering my mouse all over the screen. And I can't press tab to go through all the options like in most HTML games XD

Initially I had planned to have an option to reveal hotspots but I think the game would have lost all interest so I let you find them by yourself :)
BobbyTally
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Sat, 14Apr26 13:40

BobbyTally wrote:
Superawesomemans wrote:But I tried hovering my mouse all over the screen. And I can't press tab to go through all the options like in most HTML games XD

Initially I had planned to have an option to reveal hotspots but I think the game would have lost all interest so I let you find them by yourself :)

While I can see your point, playing 'hunt the pixel' isn't particularly fun. At the very least I'd suggest enlarging the hotspots. I'd also suggest getting someone to proof-read the text for you. There are a few errors, plus some odd word choices (unconfessed, mentoree).

Best of luck.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby BobbyTally » Sat, 14Apr26 13:56

ExLibris wrote:
BobbyTally wrote:

While I can see your point, playing 'hunt the pixel' isn't particularly fun. At the very least I'd suggest enlarging the hotspots. I'd also suggest getting someone to proof-read the text for you. There are a few errors, plus some odd word choices (unconfessed, mentoree).

Best of luck.

Thanks for your comment. Actually find the pixel is the principle of all adventure games including sharks game, isn't it ? But you're right some spots are too small, I will enlarge them.
BobbyTally
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Sat, 14Apr26 18:32

Hi BobbyTally,
I think your game is great and I'm looking forward to more. Congratulations on an excellent piece of work!
I think your artwork is really, really good. Definitely a strength of this game; I really like the look of the whole thing.
I understand when people say the "find the pixel" mechanic is a pain in the butt, but for me, the better the artwork, the more willing I am to explore it looking for a pixel. But I would make sure to always make the "find a pixel" target an interesting part of the image, and if it's not, then make it larger/a full object. So what I mean is, if the pixel the player needs to find is a sexy part of the girl's body, go ahead and make it hard to find; I think it's fun to look so closely at such a sexy image. But if it's not part of the image, then make it the full size of whatever object is the choice (e.g., the whole dildo, the whole door, etc...)

I really hope you continue to work on this. I suggest the girls have a shower together and a couple of well-hung dudes that shoot huge cumshots come in and find them, and it turns into a bit of an orgy!! ;) (Get used to the requests, and think of them as flattery - requests come from fans).

Nice stuff,
iksanabot
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby redle » Sun, 14Apr27 03:12

It's a real nice start.

As you said yourself, it could use an editor to read through it and fix some of the typos/grammar. They weren't too bad and everything was fully readable, but errors only lessen the experience.

Next thing I'd suggest: add in some means of the player knowing when they are simply advancing the story. Pixel hunting games can, at times, cause frustration on their own, but it's much worse when one spends a great deal of time hunting all around the screen and there actually are no options. Case-in-point, the first screen where Maya is sitting at her desk, I probably spent 2-3 minutes trying to see what my opening options were (and of course there isn't any but the 'click anywhere to continue'). One option is to put some default text such as 'Continue' or 'Advance story.' Another option is to put some button-like icon or graphic that shows up when there are no choices to be made. I did eventually learn that a lack of text from the tooltip was the indicator for this. But browsers aren't always the best with tooltips to begin with, and I often get no text even when I should see text (or the text doesn't follow the cursor). So it is hard to differentiate between a no-text continue and a no-text, tooltip browser problem.

timing
As for things like the timed answering of the door, I'd say be careful how and when you use it. While it is cute, adds in a little challenge, and changes things up a bit, it can also be one of the most annoying features in a longer game. Games like these don't allow multiple save points, and so need to be replayed from the beginning. The current game is short enough that if a player misses it, replaying isn't any real deterrent. As the game gets longer, replaying can become a pain (Yes, replaying the game and trying new paths can be fun, but when a game is all about taking time to read and pixel hunt between each turn, and suddenly a timing event shows up, it is easy to miss it because this isn't how the game has been playing. Then when replaying just to get back to that same timed event, the player forgets just when it will happen or something distracts them just at that moment and they manage to mess it up again, this is when it starts getting frustrating.) Not much I like less than needing to exactly duplicate a 30 minute set of actions 5 times in a row because I can't quite seem to click the one hotspot at the end.

Anyway, just something of which to take into consideration. The longer the click-window, the bigger the hotspot, and the more noticeable the warning that the option is available now, the less likely it will cause a problem even in a longer game.

unexplained options
I'll assume that the 'Maya's ass' thing is in there sort of for comic effect. I will say it confused me for a couple reasons. One, the text on other choices generally told me what action was going to take place: open this, touch that, look there, etc (or at least what my intent would be). That particular hotspot gave no indication of what clicking on it might do. So how can I know if I want to make that choice? Clicking on it then had her talking as if someone else was in the room with her.

It isn't really important. As I said, I assume that was just in there as a comic effect thing, as though she felt the player's presence in the room or something. Personally, I just like continuity, and to have everything make sense. So without a bigger in-game explanation it just felt out of place. I can certainly deal with elements like that popping up, and I always like anything that might show extra pictures. But to me it does break the immersion a little bit of the girl in her room thinking she is all alone. If it were me, I'd either make it a running theme of her being paranoid that maybe she's being watched, or do away with it completely.

As for having a show-all-hotspots option, I imagine I'd rather prefer that. Too often in pixel-hunt games I find myself just sweeping the mouse all over the screen. The only way to know when I've found a hotspot is to watch the cursor for it to change, so I'm not even enjoying looking at the image. Then I can never be sure if I've found all the hotspots or not on a given screen. I would guess that way more than 50% of my time spent playing the game is spent just staring at the cursor looking for little blips. But ultimately this is just a question of how you want your game to play. Do you want more of a strategy or arcade type game. Strategy = know your choices, think about which you really want... Arcade = physically manipulate the controls properly to succeed... (Yes, pixel hunt isn't exactly true arcade, and if you find multiple options then you are back to including the strategy element. But, in my opinion, it's rather dependent on what percentage of game time I spend doing which task: moving the mouse to hunt for hotspots, contemplating my choices, and reading the actual story). I like arcade and strategy both. Just depends on which type of game you want this to be.
redle
star of the reef

Next

Return to Projects