PearlDymes [In development] [rpg/breeding game]

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

PearlDymes [In development] [rpg/breeding game]

Postby StudioPantisniff » Tue, 14Apr15 00:17

Hello everybody,

We heard a lot of people here like ero-games, so we thought we should let you know about a game we're currently developing.

We're Studio Pantisniff, a fairly new studio consisting of hentai artists and game developers. We have released hentai artwork online and smaller ecchi games on the Google Play store, but they've been removed for being too "suggestive". Right now we've started development on a bigger game for Windows and OS X (we're also considering Linux, but we will confirm that after beta tests).

The game is called PearlDymes and it's about Female creatures called Dymes who are trapped in pearls. You, the player, can release the Dymes from their pearls and keep them as some kind of pet in your apartment. You can feed them, clean them, play games with them, let them rest and perform all kinds of sexual acts with them. There is also the possibility to 'breed' Dymes with each other. Breeding will be similar to the Monster Rancher games: you combine 2 pearls, the Dymes will have sex and fuse together to create a half-breed pearl/Dyme. There won't be any pregnancy in the game and the player can't breed its Dyme(s). We also have planned to add training mode, battles and an adventure mode.

Here's a teaser trailer of PearlDymes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUinIAkrxBU

Right now we're working hard on the engine and art-style of the game. We want to create a large game with lots of content that keeps everybody busy and happy, but right now we can't afford to work full-time on this project alone. That's why we chose to try out a crowd-funding platform called Offbeatr to get enough funding to give us enough time and resources to work full-time on this game.

Here are some GIFs taken from the concepts/alpha of PearlDymes:

If you would like to see more concept artwork or read more about this game (including the other game modes like battles and adventure), feel free to check out our Offbeatr page here: PearlDymes' Offbeatr Page

Ofcourse we would love to get more supporters, but it's all up to you if you decide to follow our project, to pledge on our project or to do nothing at all. We do appreciate support in any kind of way.

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the game, feel free to comment below or send us a message on Offbeatr.

Studio Pantisniff
http://pantisniff.com/

UPDATE: We have reached our initial goal!!

We want to thank all the supporters for making this possible.
Let's hope we'll also reach a stretch-goal or two.

UPDATE2: We have reached the first stretch-goal!!

This stretch-goal guarantees that training game-play will be included in the initial release and it adds an additional Dyme. We hope we can add the battles in the initial release too, so it will already feel like a full game. We hope we can get enough support to make that happen.

Here are some FAQs:

What does reaching the initial goal mean?
It means that the game will definitely be made and will contain everything described in the description of the initial goal, but we can still receive pledges till 5/13/2014.

What about the stretch-goals?
We hope to reach a stretch-goal or two before our Offbeatr ends. If we reach a stretch-goal it will mean the content described therein will definitely be included in the initial release of the game. The stretch-goals we don't reach (except for the 2 highest stretch-goals) will be added with an expansion-pack after the initial release and we will use all the revenue from sales to fund the development thereof.

P.S.
We know most of the information above is mostly copy/pasted, but it's the basic information. For more information you can ask us questions below or read more about our project on our Offbeatr page.
Last edited by StudioPantisniff on Fri, 14May09 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
StudioPantisniff
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Re: PearlDymes [In development] [rpg/breeding game]

Postby Super » Tue, 14Apr15 00:30

While it does look very good visually, I just can't get behind the concept. I wish there was a hentai RPG that was more... normal. Seems it's all collection and breeding or whatever.

Anyway, good luck with that, but I just can't get behind the concept :/
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby StudioPantisniff » Tue, 14Apr15 00:55

@Superawesomemans
Thank you for your compliment on the art-style. Could you define what you think is a normal hentai RPG?
This game will be very diverse, but we try to give the players enough control to decide how they want to play the game.The breeding part of the game is optional, but it's the only way to get your hands on half-breed Dymes.
StudioPantisniff
sirens hunter

Postby Super » Tue, 14Apr15 01:33

By normal hentai rpg, I mean one with normal people. No training or treating women like some weird variet of cattle. Not even the monster girl part, but even the mind control ones. Having women be farmed just weirds me out, and I would like an rpg that treats ten with respect. Or maybe I'm just weird

Anyway, I don't know how popular the monster girl thing is around these parts. Don't think it's too popular. And since this is a WIP I'd think it should be in the projecs section but I'll let a mod decide
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby StudioPantisniff » Tue, 14Apr15 18:38

@Superawesomemans
We understand what you mean and maybe it's something we can consider in the future, but this project will be all about Dymes.
StudioPantisniff
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Wed, 14Apr16 01:34

You're artwork is really well done, guys. I'll be interested in seeing this progress. You may want to move this thread to the "Projects" section of the lagoon. That's where the game developers hang out and talk about our works in progress.

Different people on the internet appreciate/enjoy different things. Something that the lagoon enjoys is realistic portrayals of females. I don't think there's anything wrong with sexy monsters, but what will make or break your game for me is how developed their characters and personalities are. If they're just submissive whores it'll be less enticing than if they're interesting people with good reasons to be doing what they're doing. The internet is full of "if she has breasts, you can bang her" style games. Ones where you have to work for it and get to know the females tend to stand out. I hope you put as much effort into your storyline as you do your excellent artwork.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby StudioPantisniff » Wed, 14Apr16 16:04

@tlaero
Firstly we would like to thank you for your compliments. ^^
Each Dyme will have it's own personality and characteristics, this will be portrayed in interactions with your Dyme and their animations. You also unlock more interactions as the bond between you and your Dyme grows stronger. We do have a story-line, but how we work it out depends on the stretch-goals we reach. An adventure mode will be perfect for a good story, but the game will have a good story regardless of which stretch-goals we reach. We plan to release more information in future updates on our Offbeatr page.
StudioPantisniff
sirens hunter

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 14Apr18 01:52

I noticed that tlaero in her comment just above mentioned that as this is a developmental discussion it is better suited here in Projects. I have relocated it. (and advised the author by PM).
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby BobbyTally » Fri, 14Apr25 17:52

Did you plan a date for the release?
BobbyTally
great white shark

Postby StudioPantisniff » Sat, 14Apr26 01:33

@BobbyTally
We don't have a release date yet, since it depends on which stretch-goals we reach. If we reach a few stretch-goals, we think it will take approximately 14 to 18 months before the game gets released.
StudioPantisniff
sirens hunter

Postby SilverBard » Fri, 14Jun06 05:45

The art and animation is top shelf. If you are successful in this development, I have no doubt it'll be an incredible visual achievement.

I'm always concerned when I see major gameplay features in stretch goals. Stretch goals are made so early in development that you don't know what the significance of those elements are yet. What happens if you make the stretch goal for online battles, but find out you can't make it work for that budget. Or you may miss the adventure mode stretch goal, but find that the game collapses without it. Hopefully your team has a design document for each level of stretch goals so you can make a game that works holds together regardless of how much you raise.

I'm also concerned about the lack of focus on gameplay elements. Given how little money you're trying to raise and how many resources you've committed to aesthetic elements, I'm worried there will be little left for making the game work. Now I'll grant that the best way to advertise a crowd sourced game is to put the art and animation front and center. People get much more excited about good concept art than they do about gameplay design. I just hope someone is devoting energy to the design behind the scenes.

Sorry to be such a pessimist. I probably sound more negative about the project than I actually am. I just see a lot of crowd-sourced game projects implode because they have high ambitions, but not a solid ludic foundation to build on. I wish you guys the best of luck and I look forward to seeing the final results.
SilverBard
Pilot fish

Return to Projects