Illustrated Story App for Android

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Illustrated Story App for Android

Postby Cugel » Tue, 14Jan21 02:07

Greetings,

In need of a new project I set out to learn the rudiments of Android/Java coding by developing an app for Android devices with the following requirements:

1. A simple interface that allows the user to move forwards or backwards in a story one page at a time.
2. Allows the user to start at the beginning or resume at the most recent page they stopped at.
3. Supports an opening, or title section and up to 20 additional sections.
4. Each section can have its own looping background sound effect or music track.
5. Each page within a section must have an image associated with it.
6. Each page may have text associated with it.
7. Images, icons and text automatically adjust to 2 screen types, phone size ( < 7" ) and tablet size ( >= 7" ).
8. Implementing a new story must only require creating and populating image asset folders for each section, editing .xml files for audio file names, titles and text and building the .apk installer file - Java code should not need to be changed.

I'm looking for volunteers to test the basic functionality of the prototype (very nearly ready). Anybody can do this that has an Android device and knows how to install a non-Play Store .apk file. (Google and thou shall find).

Then I am hoping there is a person or two out there who would like to try and adapt an illustrated story to Android using my source as a template. This would require an Android development environment that can build the .apk file using Android V-9 and Java JRE 7. Easiest way to get it all is to install the latest Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html). A guide document will be provided that will explain how to insert new graphics and text.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Screen Shots
Last edited by Cugel on Sat, 14Jan25 03:09, edited 4 times in total.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Re: Illustrated Story App for Android

Postby hughx » Tue, 14Jan21 17:26

Hey, you got me out of lurker status. I decided to join the lagoon after 3+ years of lurking. Now, I need to post a few more times before I can actually PM you. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Of course, I cannot do that because, "You cannot make another post so soon after your last."
hughx
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Cugel » Sat, 14Jan25 02:39

I would also consider adapting someone's existing illustrated story to this platform myself...
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Sat, 14Jan25 03:14

So would it only be for Android phones or could I play it on my computer?
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Cugel » Sat, 14Jan25 14:47

Superawesomemans wrote:So would it only be for Android phones or could I play it on my computer?

Hi,

You would have to have an Android Emulator/Virtual Device running on your PC in order to do that. The app is meant for mobile devices using the Android OS.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Return to Projects