What would you want in future HTML Dating Sims?

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: What would you want in future HTML Dating Sims?

Postby TeineWolf » Sun, 14Jun08 04:45

hacko wrote:So... I'm a web developer and mostly my job comprises using PHP/MySQL. If you'd be willing to give me a full view (no need for server access, just set me up a rar/tar/zip/etc of the project files and a .sql dump of the database), I could probably figure out a bit to make sure your architecture holds out better to enable more plays on shared hardware. It's definitely something I've done before. Usually, when you reach your CPU limit with just 153 plays, a particularly slow query that runs at least once per page-load is the culprit. Let me know with a PM if you want me to take a look at it, I have some time.
Some screen shots of the tables would be helpful as well. Could be internal SQL relationships within the tables.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby simarimas1 » Thu, 14Aug21 16:28

I am also wondering something along the lines of this topic.

How long of a game is too long? Do you want a game that gets to nudity and sex right away? Or early on? Or do you prefer having to work at it? I am working on a game and it looks to be a long storyline. Will people mind having a game that takes possibly hours to get through?
simarimas1
great white shark

Postby Super » Thu, 14Aug21 16:53

simarimas wrote:I am also wondering something along the lines of this topic.

How long of a game is too long? Do you want a game that gets to nudity and sex right away? Or early on? Or do you prefer having to work at it? I am working on a game and it looks to be a long storyline. Will people mind having a game that takes possibly hours to get through?

I want story in my sex games. But hours sounds a bit too much. Even if that's what BEW is, but that is taking forever and I would like something that j can expect in my lifetime :p
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby simarimas1 » Thu, 14Aug21 17:04

Yes I understand, haha. What I am working on would have many different plotlines, 10 or more different girls to interact with, and 'date'. Some would be easier, while others more difficult. So the entire game would be hours long to go through everything, but some scenarios would go quicker. I am hoping to have everyone you see in the game be a possible 'date' eventually. But plan on doing it in stages, so a couple of girls can be interacted at first, then adding the storylines for the other girls as additions later on.
simarimas1
great white shark

Postby sylakone2 » Fri, 14Aug22 04:28

simarimas wrote:Yes I understand, haha. What I am working on would have many different plotlines, 10 or more different girls to interact with, and 'date'. Some would be easier, while others more difficult. So the entire game would be hours long to go through everything, but some scenarios would go quicker. I am hoping to have everyone you see in the game be a possible 'date' eventually. But plan on doing it in stages, so a couple of girls can be interacted at first, then adding the storylines for the other girls as additions later on.

I was also thinking of making this exact approach for my next game lol.

I ahve started it but really want to get all the writing done before I start putting it together lol.

Even tho I have already done some graphics for it ans started using WBA that Soulmate made for it.

But it is a very long way away probably.

Good luck with yours

I look forward to playing the first part.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby simarimas1 » Fri, 14Aug22 12:26

Yes Sy, it is quite an undertaking! Good luck with it! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I was thinking about it when I considered doing a game, and thought, Why not make 1 game, that plays like many games. That way when a new idea comes along, it can be incorporated into that game. Either as a new character, or as a scenario for the existing ones. It also makes the scene building a bit easier! As having one city as the setting, many of the areas will be used multiple times.

I have recruited some help on this and am hoping we can make it work!
simarimas1
great white shark

Postby sylakone2 » Fri, 14Aug22 15:50

Sounds good I look forward to it

Have fun
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby TeineWolf » Sat, 14Aug23 00:39

I think something that might be useful. is a module just for making narrative sections.

For example. Allow the developer to used auto-advancing, within the same page. Split the main screen into 4 panes. Then load a smaller sized graphic through the frames, with the applicable text. So rather have a narrative openings using 4 regular pages. Have one page, with 4 smaller panes.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sat, 14Aug23 06:38

simarimas wrote:Yes I understand, haha. What I am working on would have many different plotlines, 10 or more different girls to interact with, and 'date'. Some would be easier, while others more difficult. So the entire game would be hours long to go through everything, but some scenarios would go quicker. I am hoping to have everyone you see in the game be a possible 'date' eventually. But plan on doing it in stages, so a couple of girls can be interacted at first, then adding the storylines for the other girls as additions later on.

These games take an extremely long time to make. Each of my games was between 3 and 9 months of effort. If you're looking at doing a single game with 10 different girls, you're either talking about a 5 year project, or you're making each character/story overly brief (or you're considerably faster than anyone we've seen who makes these games). As a player, I'd highly prefer that you make 10 separate games, releasing 2 a year for 5 years than for you to go dark and come out with your first game 5 years later. This has a number of advantages. You'll naturally get better at it as you progress. You'll get feedback from players that you can incorporate into future games. You'll be able to take advantage of improvements in technology in later games that didn't exist when you started your first. And you'll build up a fan base over time.

You can make all ten games exist in the same universe, and you can use the same characters in all of them. You could even release 10 separate games and then combine them into one afterward.

At the very least, do one normal length game before you make the mega one. That'll at least let you go into the big one knowing what you're getting in to.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby simarimas1 » Sat, 14Aug23 08:14

tlaero wrote:

These games take an extremely long time to make. Each of my games was between 3 and 9 months of effort. If you're looking at doing a single game with 10 different girls, you're either talking about a 5 year project, or you're making each character/story overly brief (or you're considerably faster than anyone we've seen who makes these games). As a player, I'd highly prefer that you make 10 separate games, releasing 2 a year for 5 years than for you to go dark and come out with your first game 5 years later. This has a number of advantages. You'll naturally get better at it as you progress. You'll get feedback from players that you can incorporate into future games. You'll be able to take advantage of improvements in technology in later games that didn't exist when you started your first. And you'll build up a fan base over time.

You can make all ten games exist in the same universe, and you can use the same characters in all of them. You could even release 10 separate games and then combine them into one afterward.

At the very least, do one normal length game before you make the mega one. That'll at least let you go into the big one knowing what you're getting in to.

Tlaero

Thank you for the input Tlaero. That is actually what I have planned. To do the story line for one of the girls first. Have it out there. Then add the story line for one of the other girls, add it to the original, and so on. So eventually it will be one big game, but will be distributed in different parts over time. Yes, I can see this taking quite a while. I have been at it for about a week or so, and only have the beginning scenes done so far. I do have help with the writing now, so that should make things go a bit quicker I hope.
simarimas1
great white shark

Postby Dakutis » Sun, 14Aug24 07:25

tlaero wrote:

Tlaero

How much girls you have in the game depends how deep you go with dating. If it is something like in Tlaero games, then yes it will be very hard to do. But if your game has another format (not so deep in dating) than you can have more girls in the game. Something like one night events. Or the main your character is Kasanova :) (I do not think it was necessary for him 5 days to drag a woman into bed).
P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Sun, 14Aug24 22:57

Sy wanted to make a giant game like what you're saying... I didn't really want to for various reasons.

First off, it'd be a lot more work.

Second, having to balance a bunch of girls in one story would make the story itself harder to keep on focus.

Third, I do think it'd be better to just focus each girl or story in its own story.

Like, it is possible to write all of the characters in one story and have them all tie together. Alternatively, you could have it sort of be like those old school flash dating sims, where you raise stats for various girls at the same time and they don't interact. Like, I would want for everyone to interact and for the game to recognize when you're talking to other girls and for them to act accordingly, but doing that would be a fuckload of work at that sort of scale. And I honestly would just prefer focus on a single story. Of course, that story could incorporate a lot of girls, but that would make it a lot harder to do and stuff.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby simarimas1 » Mon, 14Aug25 00:20

Superawsomemans,

Yes, it will be a lot of work. But with the variables etc. I think it can be done in stages.

What I am thinking is doing one girl to begin with. but have the variables already setup for the others. In the beginning there will be a bit more interaction with say 5 girls, but pretty quickly on it will boil down to just the one girl. Then can write the story of the next girl, add it in, and so on. I think it will be a lot of work, but personally this is something I have always wanted to see in one of these games. Not completely open, but close to it.

Dakutis,

First off, your English is just fine. Much better than I would do in your native tongue.

What I am hoping for is all the girls can be interacted with. But, you may, depending on your choices with another girl, make one of the other girls not available for a date. So in one time going through the game, you could go after one girl, but not some others. Then the next time you play, go after the second girl, but not have a chance with the first. And in some circumstances, you would have the opportunity to get two or more girls at one time.

Quite an undertaking, but what the hell. Worth giving it a try.
simarimas1
great white shark

Previous

Return to Projects