Inspiring Celina

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Inspiring Celina

Postby Super » Sun, 13Nov17 21:07

So I wrote to a sort of chapter end, and will be going back to test all my variables now. The images are a bit behind, so I'll let Sy catch up a bit. Anyway, I'm a bit conflicted as to what to do next or how much longer I even want this to be, so while I figure that out I might as well ask for some beta testers. Preferably some who have some knowledge of adventure creator who might be able to explore some technical issues, but some input on dialogue and stuff would be nice. Now, there aren't too many graphics, especially beyond a certain point, and no sex stuff yet, but I would still like some input as I try to gather my thoughts about what to do next. so, any takers? And please, only volunteer if you want to help -though since there isn't any spicy goodness yet and it's largely incomplete, I can't imagine anyone volunteering and not intending to help. So yeah.

EDIT: One major problem is that the image links don't work. No clue why.
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Mon, 13Nov18 02:58

I ran through a few passes and enjoyed the dialog. I liked Celina's better than the player's, but both were pretty good.

Two things you're going to need to explain in the course of the game:
1) Why someone who looks like that would be timid. She'd have guys fawning all over her.
2) Why the PC didn't notice her till now. She'd be hard to miss in a crowd.

This is off to a great start!

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Super » Mon, 13Nov18 03:09

Haha, I guess you're right about her appearance. To be fair, my original mind design was for her to be covered in a sweater or something in order to hide her hot body, but I seem to have forgotten about that and neglected to tell Sy... I think I did, actually, but not the extent... Well, anyway. People may be fawning over her, but that wouldn't necessitate her not being timid... though you do give me an idea, concerning one of my running themes...

As for why the PC didn't notice her until now... Didn't think it'd be that big a surprise. He didn't have a class with her until Biology, and I'm sure there are tons of hot girls we didn't see. That, and he probably was trying to pass the class over looking at the girls. I see your point on the first one, though I'm unsure of your second point... Glad you liked it though!
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Mon, 13Nov18 07:52

It could just be that he sits in the front and she sits in the back. Partners could be assigned alphabetically and he's meeting her for the first time in the library. It doesn't have to be elaborate.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby smokindavis » Wed, 13Nov20 12:06

Also, one of the prettiest girls I know also happens to be pretty freaking shy. So it's not impossible.
smokindavis
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Wed, 13Nov20 15:44

Certainly not impossible. I'm just saying that superawesome should, in the course of the story, explain why.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Super » Wed, 13Nov20 18:04

I dunno if I can explain why guys don't flock to her beyond her being weird and awkward(despite being totally hot), though I do have an idea for why she usually shys away from guys...
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Thu, 13Nov21 05:36

Universally, the more of her character we can learn, the better.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Super » Tue, 13Dec03 19:24

True, I'm trying to do that, hope everyone appreciates my efforts!

Anyway, I'm going to be off be next month so I'll try and finish up writing it, and then in a few weeks sy has off so he'll try to make some headway. Can't wait to gt this out and see what you think!
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Super » Tue, 13Dec24 05:07

So, almost done writing it, though sy still has like 300 images to make. So in the meantime, I could use some beta testers or proofreaders to look over my writing and game design. Any criticism goes. Most of it is just text, so if you want your first play through to be complete then this probably isn't for you. Also, I'd need you to download google drive and have a google account, that way I can add you as a viewer and I can update your file in real time without you needing to download the whole file again. Anyway, if that sounds interesting then shoot me a message, probavly don't need many testers.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Super » Sat, 14Jan11 03:53

So I finished writing it a week ago. Current sitting at 460 HTML files. Now just rewriting and changing variables while sy finishes up the images. And we're currently thinking about whàt we want to do next game but not putting too much emphasis on that.

Anyway, I had a question. Do you guys like sounds during sex? I personally don't but if you think it's important enough, I could add it.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sat, 14Jan11 06:45

I think sounds at a lot to the experience. I hate doing them, but I like the results. It's kind of like the old writer's adage. "No one likes writing. They like having written..."

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby karrek » Sun, 14Jan12 14:19

I think sound could add to the experience, but in practice most of the time I find them off-putting.

*Edit* - Though if you wanted to add sounds people like me who don't like them can just mute them, and people who do like them get something extra from the experience. So I say do whatever you want.
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby ltpika » Mon, 14Jan13 03:53

Sound adds a lot more headache for not that much reward...
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby fleet » Mon, 14Jan13 19:48

Regarding sounds, one of the first complaints I received (not here) about my VNs was a lack of sound.
You can't please everyone. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to Projects