Inspiring Celina

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Inspiring Celina

Postby tlaero » Tue, 14Aug12 23:50

Before I play the game, I wanted to do a few things. Superawesome and Syl, can you pull down: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hpw1k ... Images.zip and do a side by side comparison? This is nothing more than running jpgconv (in the AC distro) at quality 70. Takes your game from 200M to 20M, but I can't see a difference in quality. Seems wasteful, both to you and your users, to spend 10x the bandwidth for no apparent benefit.

Superawesome, I'll follow up with you in PM about your games.js.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Wed, 14Aug13 00:20

Oops, I didn't realize you had Gifs in there too. Wow, 80 of your 200M are in 8 gifs. I don't have an easy way to compress those other than to shrink the original jpegs that were used to make the Gifs. Do you still have them?

Also ... gifs ... can I show you how to animate jpegs? It'll give you far more control of your animations.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby sylakone2 » Wed, 14Aug13 06:07

tlaero wrote:Oops, I didn't realize you had Gifs in there too. Wow, 80 of your 200M are in 8 gifs. I don't have an easy way to compress those other than to shrink the original jpegs that were used to make the Gifs. Do you still have them?

Also ... gifs ... can I show you how to animate jpegs? It'll give you far more control of your animations.

Tlaero

Hi Tlaero

Yes please i tried to do the animation in ac but could not get it to work.
So I fell back to photoshop and made the animations there i do still have the original jpgs.

Cheers Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby TeineWolf » Wed, 14Aug13 07:36

Are the .gif's for the sex scenes, supposed to be looped animation? They loop once, and then stop. Making it seemingly redundant going from fast, to faster. Since the loop is quick, they eye doesn't get a chance to notice any change in tempo.

If file size is one of your problems with the bandwidth and speed. You might try to convert animated .gif's to animated .png's. I found thing using your download build, don't know it this is reflected in your live site.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Wed, 14Aug13 09:07

tlaero wrote:Before I play the game, I wanted to do a few things. Superawesome and Syl, can you pull down: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hpw1k ... Images.zip and do a side by side comparison? This is nothing more than running jpgconv (in the AC distro) at quality 70. Takes your game from 200M to 20M, but I can't see a difference in quality. Seems wasteful, both to you and your users, to spend 10x the bandwidth for no apparent benefit.

Superawesome, I'll follow up with you in PM about your games.js.

Tlaero

Hey Tlaero

Thanks for the images you are probably right the quality is quite good even at that level so I have replaced the live game with the smaller images that should help with the server load and bandwidth.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Fri, 14Aug15 04:47

Okay, jpeg animations in AC. The trick is in the naming of the files. The first file needs to end in a 0, the second has to have the same name, but end in a 1, then 2, 3, etc. For instance, say you want to have a 4 frame animation called "blowjob1." I would call the files
blowjob1a0.jpg
blowjob1a1.jpg
blowjob1a2.jpg
blowjob1a3.jpg

In adventure creator, open the 0 file (blowjob1a0.jpg in this case).
Then, in the upper right corner, find the "Frames" box. Enter the number of frames there (4 in this case).
And, in the "Timeout" box right below "Frames" add the number of milliseconds between frames. (ie 250). If it goes too fast, make the Timeout number bigger. If it's too slow, make it smaller, etc.
If you want the animation to repeat, check the "Loop" box next to Frames.

That's all you have to do.

Do you understand how to shrink the file sizes with jpgconv.exe? If not, I'll explain it.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Dakutis » Sat, 14Aug16 06:48

When we can play the game?
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Sat, 14Aug16 13:04

Dakutis wrote:When we can play the game?

Right now, check the All Sexy Games forum
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby sylakone2 » Sat, 14Aug16 13:32

tlaero wrote:Okay, jpeg animations in AC. The trick is in the naming of the files. The first file needs to end in a 0, the second has to have the same name, but end in a 1, then 2, 3, etc. For instance, say you want to have a 4 frame animation called "blowjob1." I would call the files
blowjob1a0.jpg
blowjob1a1.jpg
blowjob1a2.jpg
blowjob1a3.jpg

In adventure creator, open the 0 file (blowjob1a0.jpg in this case).
Then, in the upper right corner, find the "Frames" box. Enter the number of frames there (4 in this case).
And, in the "Timeout" box right below "Frames" add the number of milliseconds between frames. (ie 250). If it goes too fast, make the Timeout number bigger. If it's too slow, make it smaller, etc.
If you want the animation to repeat, check the "Loop" box next to Frames.

That's all you have to do.

Do you understand how to shrink the file sizes with jpgconv.exe? If not, I'll explain it.

Tlaero

Hi Tlaero

Thanks yeah I know how to convert them with jpgconv.exe.

Unfortunately I tried again but the animation does not seem to happen is there a switch we need to turn on in the function.js or the game.js files.
I go to the page the first pic comes up but no animation do we need to put a trigger in to make it start.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sat, 14Aug16 16:37

Can you make sure you're using the most recent _functions.js? The one in the game is pretty old. Just replace it with the one in the newest AC. Did SuperAwesome send you the files I sent him? I PMed an update that added a save game and updated the _functions.js.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Super » Sun, 14Aug17 16:35

So I've been thinking about the next game, and I am a bit conflicted about it and would like some feedback. Namely, I was considering making a game continuing the story of Luke and Celina, only having their experience get a bit more... dirty. I do think it would be a very fun thing for me to write. However, I am also concerned about doing that perhaps somewhat retroactively ruining Celina and it's "Sweetness". So I figured I'd ask for some more opinions on the matter before I make a decision one way or the other.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sun, 14Aug17 20:21

I think you'd be better off with a different character. Or you've got to write a convincing reason she changed so dramatically, and that reason would likely be a negative, not positive experience. Not fun to do that to a character people like.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Super » Sun, 14Aug17 20:45

True. I do know I would hate if you made a sequel where Keeley cheated on... um... the guy from her games. So it probably would be best to start anew.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby TeineWolf » Fri, 14Aug22 06:32

However it doesn't stop you from using Celina, in a new game, but just not as the main character.

Just like how Tlaero used Living With Keeley, as a starting point for Coffee With Keisha. You could use Celina as a bridge into the new game. One suggestion might the be friend that gave her the condom. For example. A few days later Celina is having lunch with her friend, who is delighted for Celina to have found her first love. But he/she is having a tough time in their new relationship. Then take the new story from there. Or the friend comes over to watch Anime. You get the idea. You can still weave the stories together.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Mon, 14Aug25 16:38

True, but I'm not a fan of useless cameos personally. So eh

Anyway, having a bit of trouble trying to make my old idea work... Or really, to think of any story, beyond the Celina continuation. Part of me wants to do something sci fi or fantastical, but sy said he doesn't have a lot of those models and doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on that before we do modern day stuff. So still at a loss on what I want to do next
Super
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Projects