Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby lee1400 » Sat, 14Nov29 00:40

Super wrote:
lee1400 wrote:Help me !!!
I want to create a game like, "living with temptation." What program to use to create and edit HTML files?


Hm... the easiest method to make a story based game would be Adventure Creator, which tlaero and phreaky used to make the Keeley games and Christine and me and Sy used to make Inspiring celina, if you've heard of them.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076

or maybe WBA, which I am using to make Envying Celina:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3217

Adventure Creator has a few tutorials.

However, it can't be used to make something like the Lesson of Passion games. That would require some more programming (although Adventure Creator and WBA still require some basic programming to check variables and stuff). Can't help you if you want to make something more like a Lesson of Passion game.

And, of course, you'd need to make the images yourself, although both programs easily allow you to import both images and gifs.



Thanks for the reply.
I do not have programming experience, but only by the book. http://www.vdategames.com/tutorials/part4a.html
But here I did not like the graphics.
With images, all right, I do them in Daz.
User avatar
lee1400
great white shark
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri, 14Nov28 17:22
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby redle » Sat, 14Nov29 01:01

lee1400 wrote:Help me !!!
I want to create a game like, "living with temptation." What program to use to create and edit HTML files?


Living with Temptation is done in flash. It isn't based on HTML at all. Flash is a proprietary format created by Adobe, although there are some free tools out there that can create something in their own format and save it out as flash file (these tools often have a few limitations here or there, not giving 100% of the capabilities of what you could do with the official developer tool).

Super gave you an example of a tool that is an HTML based system. There isn't any right or wrong answer. It depends on how you want your finished game to look and feel; how comfortable you are with coding; what knowledge you already have; and after all that, still a personal preference for what feels right to you.

That being said, Adventure Creator was made by people who frequent this forum. Using it would mean when you stumble into problems, there's a good chance you can get a solution by asking for help here.
redle
star of the reef
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue, 10Jul13 23:00

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby Super » Sat, 14Nov29 01:23

If you have no programming experience, Adventure Creator or Web Based Adventure seems like the best bet. the finished product would essentially be like vdategames, which I notice you've looked at the tutorials for so you should be familiar with how those work. So try downloading Adventure Creator and read the included tutorials. If you've got any question or concerns, post in the Adventure Creator thread I linked above.
Super
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed, 11Aug24 20:59
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby fleet » Sat, 14Nov29 04:14

lee1400 wrote:Help me !!!
I want to create a game like, "living with temptation." What program to use to create and edit HTML files?


ANnother option is Belle. It uses a graphical interface. Here's a link.
http://www.nongnu.org/belle/download.html
Check out my latest adult visual novel "Fred's Fate"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4323
fleet
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Mon, 11May16 00:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby lee1400 » Sun, 14Nov30 12:02

Thanks. I will try. I will write later.
User avatar
lee1400
great white shark
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri, 14Nov28 17:22
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby lee1400 » Sun, 14Nov30 22:05

fleet wrote:
lee1400 wrote:Help me !!!
I want to create a game like, "living with temptation." What program to use to create and edit HTML files?


ANnother option is Belle. It uses a graphical interface. Here's a link.
http://www.nongnu.org/belle/download.html

Is it possible to "Belle" to apply counter settings? (appearance, style, money, etc.) and use them in the commission of any action? (If you have $ 100, you can buy the thing, if not, impossible).
User avatar
lee1400
great white shark
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri, 14Nov28 17:22
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby fleet » Sun, 14Nov30 22:39

I'm not an expert on Belle, but you 'should' be able to do that using variables and the 'branch' action.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "Fred's Fate"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4323
fleet
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Mon, 11May16 00:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby lee1400 » Sun, 14Nov30 22:50

fleet wrote:I'm not an expert on Belle, but you 'should' be able to do that using variables and the 'branch' action.

I have not figured out how to do it.
User avatar
lee1400
great white shark
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri, 14Nov28 17:22
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 14Dec01 02:12

lee1400 wrote:
fleet wrote:I'm not an expert on Belle, but you 'should' be able to do that using variables and the 'branch' action.

I have not figured out how to do it.

There is some documentation on using variables.
You can also download the demo and open it using the editor.
Greyelf
star of the reef
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Thu, 14Jun12 03:20
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby lee1400 » Mon, 14Dec01 12:00

Greyelf wrote:
lee1400 wrote:
fleet wrote:I'm not an expert on Belle, but you 'should' be able to do that using variables and the 'branch' action.

I have not figured out how to do it.

There is some documentation on using variables.
You can also download the demo and open it using the editor.

I've seen it all, but did not understand. What program do you use? Maybe she's right for me?
User avatar
lee1400
great white shark
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri, 14Nov28 17:22
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby Super » Mon, 14Dec01 16:56

You'd need to know about variables and basic programming in order to make a game. It really can't get any easier than the programs we've listed so far

Maybe it'd be better if you collab with someone? I could never make my games without Sy's help after all. If you're able to do art in Daz, maybe you could find someone else to work with for the rest? Just a suggestion.

If you want to do it solo, you can try using Adventure Creator. I'd be willing to help with any questions you'd have and so would some other people I'm sure
Super
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed, 11Aug24 20:59
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby lee1400 » Tue, 14Dec02 00:32

Super wrote:You'd need to know about variables and basic programming in order to make a game. It really can't get any easier than the programs we've listed so far

Maybe it'd be better if you collab with someone? I could never make my games without Sy's help after all. If you're able to do art in Daz, maybe you could find someone else to work with for the rest? Just a suggestion.

If you want to do it solo, you can try using Adventure Creator. I'd be willing to help with any questions you'd have and so would some other people I'm sure

I would be very grateful if you can help to understand the Adventure Creator. I think for help in creating a game for someone, but first I would like to try myself.
User avatar
lee1400
great white shark
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri, 14Nov28 17:22
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby Super » Wed, 14Dec03 00:41

Well, did you do the tutorials? Any questions after that?

If so, I think you should post them in this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076
Super
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed, 11Aug24 20:59
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby lee1400 » Wed, 14Dec03 00:52

Super wrote:Well, did you do the tutorials? Any questions after that?

If so, I think you should post them in this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076

I did not find textbooks. Can you provide a link?
User avatar
lee1400
great white shark
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri, 14Nov28 17:22
sex: Masculine

Re: Best Game Engine For a NEW Game

Postby Super » Wed, 14Dec03 01:24

lee1400 wrote:
Super wrote:Well, did you do the tutorials? Any questions after that?

If so, I think you should post them in this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076

I did not find textbooks. Can you provide a link?


There should have been some Word documents included with the download of Adventure Creator?
Super
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed, 11Aug24 20:59
sex: Masculine

PreviousNext

Return to Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

eXTReMe Tracker