Twine game playtest

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Twine game playtest

Postby prayForPlague » Fri, 13Jun28 23:00

Morgwen wrote:
mugen24 wrote:Have you tried posting this game on the AIF Archives? You might find more players that way.

He/she released the game there a few weeks before he/she released it here... but the game wasn`t uploaded to the files section...

No and Not exactly.

Someone posted a link to this thread on AIF archives, but it wasn't me. If the game was uploaded there, I didn't do it since it is really only a play test version. I only recently made an account over there and I am yet to post anything to it. I originally did a google search looking for a place to post the game and ended up here, and only found out about AIF Archive through people pointing it out to me afterwards via email.

The entire game has been a huge learning experience on many fronts. One important lesson I learned is that once something is out there, it is out there. I regret not making the game a closed play test as it is highly experimental, but I honestly didn't think many people would have interest in it. I can say that I intend on making a better version of NDGA to upload to AIF Archives when I think it is ready.

prayForPlague
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Morgwen » Sat, 13Jun29 09:22

prayForPlague wrote:
Someone posted a link to this thread on AIF archives, but it wasn't me. If the game was uploaded there, I didn't do it since it is really only a play test version. I only recently made an account over there and I am yet to post anything to it.

Hmmm... I tried to find the post but wasn`t able to... the only post I found is this here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aifarchive/message/19936

I recall there was an other post with a link to an online version of the game. I played the game several days before I saw it here... but maybe I am getting old and I mix up things... :??:
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby prayForPlague » Sat, 13Jun29 18:04

Morgwen wrote:Hmmm... I tried to find the post but wasn`t able to... the only post I found is this here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aifarchive/message/19936

I recall there was an other post with a link to an online version of the game. I played the game several days before I saw it here... but maybe I am getting old and I mix up things... :??:

Yeah that is the link to this thread I was talking about. I did post the game in two other communities but I'd be surprised if you had found it from those places (Literotica, Hongfire). Eventually I made this thread here and the blogger blog. I was surprised to find so many of the games I have played in the past were made by members of this forum, so I like it here.
prayForPlague
great white shark

Postby prayForPlague » Tue, 13Jul09 02:36

I've made an update to this project. Perhaps the final update for a while. I wanted to move onto other things, but I couldn't leave the game as it was. I did the major change of integrating the dialogue so that it hopefully reads as normal writing would (or as close as I can get to normal writing). I've created a few new branches to the story too, and started a few others that I have locked away until I am inspired to write again. For now, I am going to actually play a few games for a change and read some erotic novels too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nkt3uk5fdb6zwx9/NDGA_035.zip
prayForPlague
great white shark

Postby mugen24 » Sat, 13Jul20 05:08

t1nm@n wrote:Quick question - is there any sex in this version? I've played for ~20 minutes and got only 3 endings
Asshole, Friendzone & No Boobs for You

How do you get the asshole ending?
mugen24
great white shark

Postby mugen24 » Sun, 13Jul21 00:54

Nevermind. Found it. Really good game through I think there should by more good endings. Also I think the part where Donald is injured should have more branching paths so it wouldn't feel so linear.
mugen24
great white shark

Postby prayForPlague » Mon, 13Jul29 17:30

mugen24 wrote:Nevermind. Found it. Really good game through I think there should by more good endings. Also I think the part where Donald is injured should have more branching paths so it wouldn't feel so linear.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I've given some thought to the issue of branches, and I am not entirely sure if my approach is any good. I am wondering if there are any good examples of text based games that handle branching paths in a really good way. The game doesn't necessarily need to be text based, or even adult, but just some game that has a direct choice system that tackles the issue of linearity well.
prayForPlague
great white shark

Postby prayForPlague » Mon, 13Dec02 19:58

Hello again, I have another Twine game I'd like you to try, so I've hijacked this old thread of mine to post it. I call the game Midnight Room. I decided to break the game up into parts, so this is part one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1754 ... 1-023.html

Thanks.
prayForPlague
great white shark

Postby tonytiger » Mon, 13Dec02 21:53

Glad to see your back prayForPlague. Just had a quick run through of your game and was impressed by it. It's not your typical AIF game, different threads, actions being divided into 3 categories depending on how you answer. Improvements: When you start the game it confused me I was a girl (AIF's are usually male, go figure) A scene set\ person description may be useful and at each PC change. I know this request adds a lot of work but I prefer games with pictures just adds to them for me. Other wise I'm looking forward to the complete story
PS two play throughs no bugs [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
tonytiger
sirens hunter

Postby prayForPlague » Tue, 13Dec03 19:05

Hey thanks, glad you like it!
tonytiger wrote:(AIF's are usually male, go figure)

That's not just AIF, that's games in general. Male playable character is the norm while female playable character is a deviation from the norm. I don't really like that, and for this game at least I've tried to ignore it. I can understand how it might be rocky switching between different perspectives but after the first two chapters I hoped that players could get used to checking the stats up top to see who they were playing as. One idea that comes to mind is listing the character on the chapter title pages with a clickable link to their current state.
tonytiger wrote:games with pictures just adds to them for me

For this project I think I've gone too far with text to add images without it being distracting. Images aliviate the need to write lots of stuff, but I've already written it so it would most likely clash. Except for cases where I've failed to be descriptive enough, but adding images in those places sounds like a silly idea. The easy answer is ... it's on the list (just way way way down on the list).
prayForPlague
great white shark

Previous

Return to Projects