Daz3D info

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Daz3D info

Postby Wolfschadowe » Wed, 14Jun18 15:33

I almost exclusively use the Genesis 2 base in BEW. I started using Genesis, but have since upgraded all the characters to Genesis 2.

There is a tool called GenX that will transfer Victoria 4/Michael 4 and Genesis characters to Genesis 2, and there is no visual difference from the result, but you get all of the benefits of the new Genesis 2 meshes. Also, I have found that most of the Victoria 4 / Genesis content (poses, clothing, skin textures etc) works on the Genesis 2 figure. Geo-grafted items such as genitalia designed for V4/V5 don't work with V6, but there are a couple of good V6 Genitalia out there. You have to pay for them, but I find that the Poison morphs for the Daz V6 genitals are really nice, along with Poison's AnusGen2. Also for variety 3feetwolf has a nice NewGenitalia for V6 which combined with morphs from 3xo give a nice result as well. All is available on renderotica.com.

There may be some free genitalia out there, but I found that the above options are really nice because they include overlays that add genital textures to any skin along with multiple uv maps. Once you have the genitalia, there is a lot of free content available that's mentioned elsewhere in the thread and forum. The key is that everything else made for V4 and Genesis/V5 works with Genesis2 / V6. Most poses need some minor adjustments to the shape, but that's usually the case anyway if you're using custom shapes. Some V4 skin textures simply need to be applied to a V4 figure, then re-saved into .duf format first, then they can be applied to the Genesis2 figure. Some v4 clothing will lose the breast bridge on conversion and be like shrinkwrap around the breasts, but a quick set of D-Forms can fix that within 5-10 minutes, and then they can be baked to morphs so that you only have to do it once per item.

In summary. I use Gen2/V6 models, converted my characters and have never looked back. After a bit of a learning curve about converting V4 and Gen items effectively, V6 can do everything V4 & V5 do, and it does it better.

But that's just my opinion. :)

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby fleet » Wed, 14Jun18 15:57

arnii wrote:Just out of interest, has anyone migrated onto using Genesis 2 / Victoria 6 models? I have found them better to animate and pose but there is a real lack of content, especially adult content.

I have not migrated yet.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby gizems23 » Fri, 14Oct03 01:38

nice Topic thanks it helped me alot
gizems23
Pilot fish

sex: Female

Postby katakana132 » Fri, 14Oct03 18:27

I have also started using DAZ recently. I'm familiar with renderotica, renderosity, sharecg etc...but my question is does anyone know where to find free cum/semen resources or a texture/surface where you can create them?

Thanks
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby Wolfschadowe » Fri, 14Oct03 19:44

3d cum is very difficult to get right, but you don't really need a cum specific thing. Any liquid or water models will do, and you can play with the diffuse color, refraction, and transparency of the surface to make the 3D water look like cum. White with a hint of purple will give a decent result. So if you can find water pouring, Hose streams, etc... those will work fine. I don't have any links otherwise I'd put some in.

Also, this mini-tutorial on adding cum in post-work is helpful. I do this with Gimp, which is an open-source equivalent of Photoshop. http://vehementlyvampirical.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Semen-Cum-Tutorial-217042856 With some practice, you can get awesome cum this way. (I still need more practice, but occasionally I get lucky with it and create something awesome.)

Generally now I use a combination of both 3d liquid models, and post-work to get decent cum effects.

Hope this helps.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby katakana132 » Fri, 14Oct03 20:27

Thanks! that really does help, I thought that playing with the liquids would be possible but hadn't found or purchased any for fear it would be wasted money. thanks for the tutorial link as well.
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby fleet » Sat, 15Jun13 16:05

I'm unsure how long it will remain free, but the DAZ Victoria 4 hero pro pack is free (it normally costs $179 US). This contains the basic figure, morphs, several sets of shoes, clothes, hair and skin textures.
Here's the link. http://www.daz3d.com/v4-hero-pro-pack

I am not associated with DAZ Studio (other than being a customer).
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Mortze » Sun, 15Jun14 22:00

fleet wrote:I'm unsure how long it will remain free, but the DAZ Victoria 4 hero pro pack is free (it normally costs $179 US). This contains the basic figure, morphs, several sets of shoes, clothes, hair and skin textures.

Nice tip! Thanks!
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby shaffinaaz » Mon, 15Jun15 21:35

Mortze wrote:
fleet wrote:I'm unsure how long it will remain free, but the DAZ Victoria 4 hero pro pack is free (it normally costs $179 US). This contains the basic figure, morphs, several sets of shoes, clothes, hair and skin textures.

Nice tip! Thanks!

Bummer! It is not there anymore. So it was only free for 2 days, i'll have to act faster next time.
shaffinaaz
Pilot fish

Postby Greebo » Mon, 15Jun15 22:09

I just found that out -- bummer, as you say. :(
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Issho » Sat, 15Jul18 11:07

hi guys,

i just wanted to know, if it is legit to use the content offered by daz or any other site? For example on sharecg there is a catergory "usage rights". What´s here the difference between "all rights reserved" and "non-commercial use only"? these two implicate, that i can use the contents just for myself without publicing it, or? maybe i just overred something, because of my limited language skills [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]
Issho
great white shark

Postby fleet » Sat, 15Jul18 18:26

Issho wrote:hi guys,

i just wanted to know, if it is legit to use the content offered by daz or any other site? For example on sharecg there is a catergory "usage rights". What´s here the difference between "all rights reserved" and "non-commercial use only"? these two implicate, that i can use the contents just for myself without publicing it, or? maybe i just overred something, because of my limited language skills [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]

The information which follows applies to files and artwork from SHARECG
All rights reserved means you may only use the work or file for evaluation purposes. If you want to do anything else with the work or file (such as upload it on the internet), you must contact the uploader and ask for permission. What that boils down to is you cannot make anything using it without permission. I don't use any of this stuff in renders I post or in visual novels I upload, or in stuff that I don't intend to share. If you made something from it that you intended for your use only, it would be violating the usage agreement. I'm not sure how the original creator would find out about it, but doing so is still a violation of the owner's rights.

Non-commercial use only means you cannot use it for anything that you intend to sell. If you use it for stuff you post on the internet without charge it is okay. I use non-commercial stuff in free renders I upload and in free visual novels.

I hope this helps.
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Issho » Sat, 15Jul18 20:30

thank you, I asked because I was just thinking maybe to make a own game (like ariane, or tlaeros games). So I wanted to clear it, before starting something [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Issho
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 15Jul19 01:42

The Daz license allows you to make 2D images like in Ariane's and my games and use them in commercial products. However, you can't use them in 3d games like you'd make with unity our unreal if you plan to sell the games.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby JBGames » Fri, 15Jul31 18:03

DAZ is a good entry level software for somebody looking to jump into 3D modeling. Super easy to pick up but difficult to completely master. Especially with the introduction of IRAY.
JBGames
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Projects