Daz3D info

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

Re: Daz3D info

Postby JBGames » Fri, 15Jul31 18:06

Issho wrote:thank you, I asked because I was just thinking maybe to make a own game (like ariane, or tlaeros games). So I wanted to clear it, before starting something [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

Go for it man. As long as you got the time, it's not hard to learn.
JBGames
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Super » Fri, 15Jul31 18:30

Well, I'm not an Art guy, but Sy did some test images in Daz 3d after working on our last two games in Poser. I don't know why exactly but the Daz stuff is a lot better quality. Obviously can't cause that for Envying Celina since changing models and engines halfway through is insanity but from what I can tell, Daz just seems like it's better.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby sylakone2 » Wed, 15Aug05 14:35

Heres is an example of what Super was suggesting.

This is done with poser
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=27D888D2EBE9993A!17613&authkey=!AId14q98Ffi79iE&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Same scene different dress with daz3d and iray.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=27D888D2EBE9993A!18648&authkey=!AMoQkhEZXvhwvG0&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Which one do you think is better?

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby fleet » Wed, 15Aug05 17:17

I think the DAZ image looks more realistic.
However (lots of 'if' statements), if this is going to be used in a game, and if all images are to be produced using the DAZ set-up, and if there is a big trade-off in time to render the DAZ images, I'd personally go with the lower quality.
Since I'm not the artist, the artist should do what he wants. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Mortze » Wed, 15Aug05 17:56

I'd agree that the Iray render is way better than the Poser one. Either for realism, lighting and shadowing.
Also agree with what fleet said. The artist should decide what's best for him, either fast rendering or better good looking pics. Always a dificult choice :)

But I'd suggest to always use the same camera angle when comparing 2 render settings. A slight difference in alging might result in a wrong interpretation of the results. (not that this is the case but just in case for the future)
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby sylakone2 » Wed, 15Aug05 23:31

fleet wrote:I think the DAZ image looks more realistic.
However (lots of 'if' statements), if this is going to be used in a game, and if all images are to be produced using the DAZ set-up, and if there is a big trade-off in time to render the DAZ images, I'd personally go with the lower quality.
Since I'm not the artist, the artist should do what he wants. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

You would be surprised at the render times one of the big differences between the normal renderers and Iray is that the normal rendereres are cpu renderers they do not use the Graphics card at all.
Whereas Iray is a GPU renderer so you can easily upgrade your pc to perform better for rendering by buying a couple of Nvidia GTX780 TI video cards which in Australia cost $450 and actually perform much better for Iray then the new GTX980 $1000 each here in Australia.
The reason the 780TI is better is because they have 2880 cuda cores where as the 980 only has about 2048 cuda cores.
So for the cost of 1 980 I can get 2 780ti which will increase my render times with IRAY by easily 3-4 times faster than the single 980.
Which is way faster than the equivalent scene in poser or daz's 3delight renderer using an 8 core I7 processor.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Wed, 15Aug05 23:50

sylakone2 wrote:
fleet wrote:I think the DAZ image looks more realistic.

You would be surprised at the render times one of the big differences between the normal renderers and Iray is that the normal rendereres are cpu renderers they do not use the Graphics card at all.
Whereas Iray is a GPU renderer so you can easily upgrade your pc to perform better for rendering by buying a couple of Nvidia GTX780 TI video cards which in Australia cost $450 and actually perform much better for Iray then the new GTX980 $1000 each here in Australia.
The reason the 780TI is better is because they have 2880 cuda cores where as the 980 only has about 2048 cuda cores.
So for the cost of 1 980 I can get 2 780ti which will increase my render times with IRAY by easily 3-4 times faster than the single 980.
Which is way faster than the equivalent scene in poser or daz's 3delight renderer using an 8 core I7 processor.

Cheers

Sy

So... if I'm reading this right, rendering in daz is faster than in poser? Or no? Honestly can't fully comprehend that techno babble lol

Still, good if daz is faster, since it really makes a difference I think. Only problem is that we can't really use daz for our current game :/
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Mortze » Thu, 15Aug06 00:14

@Super,

Very very generally speaking, this is how rendering engines work:

in Poser:
It uses the CPU, the processor, to make calculations for the rendering. It uses CPU intensively! So, it is best to have a 8-core i7 CPU than a 6-core i7, or a i5 version.

in DAZ Studio
Here we have 2 native rendering engines. 3Delight uses also CPU fully, same as Poser.
But the new version of Daz Studio 4.8 (free to donwload) uses a new engine; IRay.
IRay engine do not use CPU. It uses GPU, or graphic cards if you prefer. And it uses all the cards you have, or decide to use, on your computer. Since graphic cards are in most cases, comparatively cheaper (or less expensive, depends on the POV) than CPU, and since you can more easily have several graphic cards (and not several CPUs), IRay is a better choice if you have good and several graphic cards.
Without doing the correct math lets just suppose you have 3 graphic cards, totaling 6GBs of graphic processing it might be better, and faster to render using IRay than using the other engine, 3 Delight, to use only your hexa or octa core i7.

Another factor is the mechanics involving the use of either rendering engine. IRay uses real physics lighting, involving setting lights real temperature and lumex. 3Delight uses another type, which I do not know really how the pysics work here.

In my personal case I use 3Delight because my CPU is stronger than my graphic card. I render faster that way. Faster, not better.
Whenever I can get more money I'll upgrade my graphic cards and explore IRay.
That engine is growing on me (you foresaw it Wolfschadowe)
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby sylakone2 » Thu, 15Aug06 08:50

I couldn't have explained it better.
Good job Mortze.
Yes it was wolf that got me onto iray damn you wolf lol.
I basically switched to iray for the game I've been making because I was able to do so much more with it and I liked the difference in graphics quality with Iray so I'm redoing all the renders I had done.

My latest tax check ended up getting spent on a new video card instead of a new bandsaw because of iray lol.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Thu, 15Aug06 21:29

That's kind of all a bunch of gibberish to me :/

I just want to know if it's faster/easier for you than Poser or if it's just better quality pictures XD
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Mortze » Fri, 15Aug07 01:55

Tell us about your computer first.
What is the CPU?
And the graphic card(s)?
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Super » Fri, 15Aug07 02:20

Well, it's Sy who's doing the art. I just want to know if Daz will pose a bigger problem to his workload that Poser, really

Speaking of which, I don't suppose there's any way Sy could set up the scene/ lighting and stuff and then I could use my computer to render the file? Or is it mostly just the setting up the scene/ lighting that is the biggest time chunk.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby fleet » Mon, 15Oct12 16:40

Free Halloween related stuff for DAZ and Poser (new item every day up to OCT 31). No registration required. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
http://thefantasiesattic.net/halloween/2015/index.html
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Previous

Return to Projects