JUST starting to knock around ideas for

Games in project or under development. The posts and games in this section can not ask for money.

JUST starting to knock around ideas for

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Oct17 03:12

Do not expect anything in the near future though ;)
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Re: JUST starting to knock around ideas for

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 12Oct17 03:28

Ooops! I nearly made a faux pas, I misread the title as " ..... knock around for ideas" [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]
But then, are there game thoughts/suggestions currently archived here that the author(s) might welcome some consultation?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby ExLibris » Wed, 12Oct17 04:29

At the risk of being a wet blanket, I don't really think Pleasantville needs a direct sequel. The PC gets an unambiguously happy ending and it's hard to see what other stories you could tell with him (other than his girlfriend getting uncomfortable about the menage a quatre she find herself in, but some other game has already done that). I'm also a bit worried that (much like regular gaming) AIF has become about 'franchises' (eg. School Dreams, Pervert Action Crisis, Gifts of Phallius) rather than original stand-alone games.

A 'spiritual successor' would be more interesting to me, especially if it focused on the things I found most enjoyable about Pleasantville (ie. the dating, hidden content, etc.)
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Oct17 04:50

first a promo pic I just made

from left to right Becky,Ms Johnson,Dad,The player (kneeling) Mom, Emily,Katie,Ms Weaver,Renee, Samantha.

re: what Ex Libris said, I hear what you are saying. I started another game and stepped back and thought about if there is really a game worth playing in it and the answer was not a definitive yes..I may get back to it eventually. I thought Gasparillo was good too as I was making it (doh!)..I was eventually going to return to pleasantville down the line but maybe now is the time. The game will pick up the following summer after your first year of college, things will be different in terms of people you knew the first game, and the town in general. I really did not even begin to think of a game at this point just a few set pieces. I am sometimes impulsive and this may end up on the scrap heap and I may go back to skank patrol (that is the name of the game I was working on...don't steal it!!!! jk jk
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Oct17 04:52

I also just realized Becky and Sam have the same skirts on...will have to switch that up..I had Ivy and Olivia as well but was not pleased how either came out so they may get das boot or I may re do them and see if the fit into the game.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby Shepard » Wed, 12Oct17 05:18

Just a question: Will Maggie be in the game? Or did you give her "the boot"?

Also: Dat Emily.
Shepard
great white shark

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Oct17 05:26

Maggie went to school and now lives in Florida..so not in this game.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby ExLibris » Wed, 12Oct17 06:00

I didn't think Gasparillo was too bad, but it did make two mistakes:
1. It was too old school in its puzzles. I'm thinking particularly of the fact that the jungle needed to be mapped because the descriptions were identical.
2. More importantly for an adult game, the introduction didn't give any indication that the PC was going to be having sex any time soon, which made it hard for me to summon up the motivation to fight through the puzzles.

Anyhow, my main question about any sequel would be, does it require the same characters and does it depend on the events of the first game? If the answer is no, my instinct would be to use a predominantly new cast and/or setting. If the answer is yes, or you're sticking with the same PC, then I suspect you'd need to separate him from Katie and/or Becky. In the first game the PC's motivation was lust for Becky (although he didn't get much opportunity to pursue that). He satisfied that motivation, and managed to keep his girlfriend (as well as getting Olivia, and possibly Contessa and/or Emily on the side). So what is his motivation going to be in the sequel?
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby lamont Sanford » Wed, 12Oct17 17:21

The way I see things going for this one in theory it could be an entire new cast and setting but the familiarity with people and places the gamer already has should add to the experience. The story will not rely on the past exploits of the player character but it will reference them. The thing that is going to go a long way to determine what the final product is this...the real life constraints of having to mold the story around what daz studio products I have (sets/clothes etc etc) I am not going to spend any money to make a game, so unless I find the stuff that is useful by other means like torrents I am limited. I have a general idea for how I want things to play out BUT as of right now I lack most of the things I need to make it happen so I may be forced into different directions just by the fact that I lack the things to make it come to life.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby caravaggio » Thu, 12Oct18 18:44

I think that a sequel is not a bad idea if it is done right.
Just a few considerations about the pic: samantha looks a little too old to me, I hope ms johnson and mom will dye their hair, who is ms weaver??I don't remember her..
caravaggio
lagoon predator

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 12Oct18 20:19

ms weaver was emily and jeffs mom. I wanted mom and ms johnson to look like hot older broads, the grey looks ok to me. I will take another look at sam next time I fiddle around with things and consider what you said.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Thu, 12Oct18 21:40

@ lamont Sanford;
They don't swell, they don't tell, and they're grateful as hell!
There are some very good looking Moms/Grandmothers. It depends on your view point! I'm nearing Great Grandmothers!
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby caravaggio » Fri, 12Oct19 09:54

Ahn! I forgot about her..
about the hair de gustibus.. then..it's just that nowadays looks like only the ladies in the 70es have grey hair..but it's a matter of tastes I suppose..and since you're the artist..^^
what are your plans for olivia?

I would like to give you some ideas for the game but right now I have thought only to some silly main goal..not good material I think...
caravaggio
lagoon predator

Postby lamont Sanford » Fri, 12Oct19 17:01

re did Olivia and happier with her

not looking for story ideas really I have the broad strokes of the story in my head kinda, right now I am just experimenting with diff things.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby rabbie » Fri, 12Oct19 21:27

skank patrol is a hell of a name :lol:
rabbie
lagoon predator

Next

Return to Projects